Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ravenwood Graduation

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
I don't know how other wizards feel but after saving the spiral countless times and helping scores of people along the way I'm getting a little bit tired of being called "Young Wizard". After a certain point in the game couldn't we be called something like Esteemed Wizard or Honoured Wizard.
That leads me onto my main point..why not have a graduation ceremony at Ravenwood?
Like everything else, it would not go smoothly and our diplomas are stolen and the quest involves finding the thief and regaining our diplomas.
To make it really interesting the diplomas themselves could be magical and are required to gain a new pet, spell, item etc.
Oh and for those that are worried it would be the end of our time at Ravenwood don't be, after we graduate we would become part of Headmaster Ambrose Council Of Light ( let's face it, we've earned it lol)
What do my other undergraduates think?
James Dreamweaver lvl 87 Balance

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
This is the greatest thing I ever heard. I mean we have badges for everything, and if they wanted to be really lazy, they could just make one that says Graduate. But that would really miss the point. I personally think you would gain this title after beating Malistaire as that seems to be the main quest point. Everything up to that point is leading to Malistaire and everything after him is about defeating new bosses. And it might even be possible to have his fight included in the graduation going wrong idea. For example after you defeat him, there is a clickable item, perhaps a book. You click on it, and it says something like "you read the book, it is not in a language you understand". And then nothing happens. Then you graduate and as you get your diploma it activates the spell from the book and takes you to another fight. You win the fight then get back to the graduation. And after that point, it would change all "young wizards" to "esteemed wizard" or whatever is chosen. Just a brilliant idea you had all around.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Myrna StrongHorn on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
This is the greatest thing I ever heard. I mean we have badges for everything, and if they wanted to be really lazy, they could just make one that says Graduate. But that would really miss the point. I personally think you would gain this title after beating Malistaire as that seems to be the main quest point. Everything up to that point is leading to Malistaire and everything after him is about defeating new bosses. And it might even be possible to have his fight included in the graduation going wrong idea. For example after you defeat him, there is a clickable item, perhaps a book. You click on it, and it says something like "you read the book, it is not in a language you understand". And then nothing happens. Then you graduate and as you get your diploma it activates the spell from the book and takes you to another fight. You win the fight then get back to the graduation. And after that point, it would change all "young wizards" to "esteemed wizard" or whatever is chosen. Just a brilliant idea you had all around.
I agree with you, Actually besides the Malistair part. I think that the other main bosses are just as evil, If anything they are more evil. Anyhow i Love the idea

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
neat idea, I think I'd enjoy that :) After we graaduate, maybe give us something we could use from that point forward in the game, like starting off an extra (guaranteed) power pip (PvE only)

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Enlightened One on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I don't know how other wizards feel but after saving the spiral countless times and helping scores of people along the way I'm getting a little bit tired of being called "Young Wizard". After a certain point in the game couldn't we be called something like Esteemed Wizard or Honoured Wizard.
That leads me onto my main point..why not have a graduation ceremony at Ravenwood?
Like everything else, it would not go smoothly and our diplomas are stolen and the quest involves finding the thief and regaining our diplomas.
To make it really interesting the diplomas themselves could be magical and are required to gain a new pet, spell, item etc.
Oh and for those that are worried it would be the end of our time at Ravenwood don't be, after we graduate we would become part of Headmaster Ambrose Council Of Light ( let's face it, we've earned it lol)
I like this idea a lot. We could always go on to 'graduate school' for harder spells/quests. Though I do love the Council of Light idea too. :)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
lightdragonofW101 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
you need the teachers to give new spells.
no, you could start getting your spells from ambrose :)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
amazing idea! but i have to comment on the people saying "we should get this after defeating malistaire"
i think that after the final battle with morganthe, whenever that may be, we should have graduation, because, although malistaire is the original "main boss", people are way past that, and morganthe is the new "main boss" i also love the council of light idea and perhaps it would lead to a quest to save the council of light when some new "main boss" tries to destroy it anyway, love your idea and hope it is added to wizard101

Peace out, Jasmine Owltalon, level 87, myth cya around the spiral!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Yeah, i'm exceedingly tired of my level 70+ wizard, who can beat the tar out of any of the ravenwood wizards, and probably teach rings around them by now, still being called "young" wizard. There's nothing young about him at this point.

He can't possibly still be a little kid, not physically and certainly not mentally or emotionally. there are no little kids in the universe that could do what a level 50 wizard in this game could do, much less higher than level 50.

The game needs to recognize the changes that the characters have had to go through, the maturing they've had to do, and stop calling them about the time that they hit Mooshu.

By the time that their "teacher" runs out of spell cards for them, they should be graduated and then entered into some sort of graduate studies program.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
this is a very good idea and I hope it makes it in the next test realm. I 100% agree after being called young wizard over 100 times from dragonspyre and up its gets a little old, I feel that my epic level 90 pyromancer deserves a little more respect from the countless people that he has helped. I would aslo like to be part of the council of light as long as we get some serious rewards lol. I really like the the diploma idea as well, everything you said I liked as they were all very good ideas.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Yes! Totally! It would be another reason for me to level up!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
But eventually, they'll make new worlds and whats the point then? I mean, I'm almost done with Azteca and so...But, it would be nice for them to stop calling my a young wizard. I'm level 86 and what happens when I finish it? There's gonna be nothing for me to do but help other people and do stuff like crafting and side quests. They could make something like that I guess.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i think it's an awesome idea. Ambrose can teach us how to get more than 14 pips so we can focus stronger attacks on our opponents, and he can most likely teach some pretty epic astral spells. And spells from our school and stuff...

Defender
May 03, 2009
YES!!!! I really think that we're no longer 'young' at lvl 40. We're no longer Esteemed at lvl 80. As a promethean I'd like to be Honored Wizard! This is one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard :P

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
"The world may never know."

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
lightdragonofW101 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
you need the teachers to give new spells.
really? You get new spells in Wintertusk and other worlds, and you don't get them from your original teachers. Why should you need the same old teachers to teach you new stuff?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
There should be a mega super boss after you finish the game called "Job Market" and you win by getting hired on as a vizier somewhere.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
that is totally true. it usually says your name, but then they call you young wizard. I also am always getting called a child by a boss. and I love the idea. we need a new world called Ambrose academy where there is a college where you will get a roommate and a free dorm house called the collage dorm. ( its a castle and you don't have to have room for another castle to get it). also you should be able to enter any house you see. like in the commons there should be this quest where you talk to famous celebrity wizards that have accomplished a record. we could also get Ambrose's, malistares, school, and professors furniture as rewards. by the way I have turned the mooshu imperial palace and turned it into a school. please add me if you see me I am so close to level 44 so I will be around that level lately.

Brittany rose lvl 43 ice, plaza of conquests

Survivor
Mar 27, 2013
This is a great idea! being called young wizard by EVERYONE (even people the same age as our characters) gets annoying. By that time we deserve a little more respect than that. So this idea would be PERFECT. No more of that "young wizard" nonsense!

The council of light sounds interesting too! Just as long as it isn't just a bunch of old men arguing at a table.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I agree to this idea 110%. I'm getting so tired of being called a "Young Wizard" in Dun Dara, Avalon. After some point in time, we should get a badge that says "Graduate of Ravenwood" or something.

Amber Nightblossom, level 76 Storm
Kestrel Ashthorn, level 20 Death

"Fizzle once, shame on you. Fizzle twice, shame on me."
"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

Historian
May 06, 2009
Lol just recently, I went to a graduation ceremony, and I thought "Hey, why don't Wizards graduate from Ravenwood?" And then I saw this post lol. Like everyone else, I pretty much agree. After we take down Morganthe, whose probably the greatest threat of the magical world next to the Armada, we should gain our graduation and become a member of the Council of Life and see many new adventures level 100+, not as young wizards or students, but as true Masters.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I 105% agree with this! I was called esteemed wizard in Mooshu, but then when I reached DS I was back to being called puny child, and student wizard, and young wizard (though Cadet I didn't mind). Once we reach level 42 we technically no longer learn spells from the teachers. In DS we ride a Drake, we defeat Malistaire, and we earn the Badge "Savior of the Spiral". No kid could do that.....graduation sounds like an awesome idea!!

Sydney Lotus 75 Necromancer
Brooke Raven 56 Pyromancer
Brooke Lotus 40 Sorcerer

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I like the original idea in this. Though, maybe graduate primary school on to College? Wizard 101 has continued to grow through the years and I understand if they want to keep it "School" related. That's why I offer the College idea. Even Harry Potter graduated. (sry had to throw that in). Council of light, on to College - either way? I know I lost a huge amount of experience when the max level was 50. Grizzlehiem was new and I accomplished most of it with no experience from it because of the max lvl at the time. Just as those that keep doing quests at level 90 are now. Give it a while and level 90 will be a mid range level (as 50 is now) as Wizard 101 keeps it's popularity.