Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Poisoned Well

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
The Fire Lion Ravagers are still dropping staffs for the Poisoned Well quest at an abominably slow rate. I have killed 9 of the ravagers (specifically the ravagers, that is not counting the lionesses that joined the fights) and have not yet gotten even 1 of the 8 required for this quest. Very disappointing that this has not been adjusted since Zafaria first came out and people were complaining about the drop rate, worse now that there is no one else there and you have to solo what is probably going to be a hundred of these Fire Lion Ravagers (plus the added Lionesses) to finish this one quest.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Roesa425 on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
The Fire Lion Ravagers are still dropping staffs for the Poisoned Well quest at an abominably slow rate. I have killed 9 of the ravagers (specifically the ravagers, that is not counting the lionesses that joined the fights) and have not yet gotten even 1 of the 8 required for this quest. Very disappointing that this has not been adjusted since Zafaria first came out and people were complaining about the drop rate, worse now that there is no one else there and you have to solo what is probably going to be a hundred of these Fire Lion Ravagers (plus the added Lionesses) to finish this one quest.
I agree. Very disappointing. But I made it a point to look on the map and see where else they are showing up, so that I can fight "only" the Ravagers, and not keep including the Lionesses. Doesn't help much with the drop rate, but at least it elimimates the extra Lionesses.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
To complete Zafaria you must defeat entire herds of animals.

Some people suggest doing the collection quests in teams. They say its faster and easier. Defintely more fun with good friends too.

I found it quicker to find formula methods for defeating the various creatures solo in empty realms. Then I could mindlessly battle while watching tv. Strangers jumping in wrecks the formula and forces you to pay attention. I found many of the strangers just slowed down the process. I could often complete two solo battles in less time than one team-based battle being played beside me.

No matter how bad it seems just remember: Avalon is way better. Better story, more dungeons, less did-not-collect quests.

Happy Wizarding!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Roesa425 on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
All the lion quests in zaf have terrible drop rates. They have been notified but will not change them.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Wow! Made it to Zafaria few days ago! Looks beautiful. Like every world so far, I've greatly enjoyed immersing myself in feel of the game. One great reason I love Wizard101, it's always fun and exciting, with new things to see and do.

Until I got to this quest: Poisoned Well (Defeat Fire Lion Ravagers to gather 8 staff pieces) ...

Not so bad I thought, 3-4 fights with my partner, killing 3 at a time, and on I forge with the Storyline quests!

... over 50 Ravagers later I'm bored out of my mind. This must be a bug right? Or I'm killing the wrong thing? What am I doing wrong??? So I Google the quest and message boards. Nope, I'm doing everything right in the quest. Oh look, a few message board threads about it, lets go see what's going on.

Ooooh, I'm not the only one frustrated out of my brain, watching TV or playing PS3, or even watching paint dry on the wall, because this quest is so incredibly frustratingly boring...

If it was a side-quest, I'd have abandoned it LONG ago.

Lame, very very lame. KI should fix this.

But HEY! On the bright side, the many hugely enjoyable aspects of Wizard101 world outweigh the super boring. I'll trudge on, finish this, and forget about it.

Cheers
NZScruffy

PS. I need more Lvl50+ friends to do those hard side dungeons! :) Friend me
------------------------------------------------------------------
Timothy Pixiepants - lvl 67 Myth
Tatiana Battleflame - level 28 Fire

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Roesa and I did go to the area with almost all Fire Lion Ravagers for those quests. However, if you kill enough of them, you will get the occasional Lioness mixed in. She doesn't stay spawned long, but it's enough that she would sometimes spawn and join a fight.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Yes that quest was very annoying. But i looked at the updates, and they made the defeat and collect quests easier