Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One In A Million for Death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Hi

So this post might be absolutely and completely unnecessary but I am just so happy and excited right now because I earned the One In A Million badge! Anyway, I just wanted to give some advice for Death Wizards looking to achieve this badge.

Firstly, I was too excited to remember to screen shot the actual hit because really, I was just waiting in anticipation for it to happen--I regretted it after, haha

Secondly, it doesn't take much to achieve this badge, but maybe I shouldn't say that since I did only achieve this at level 86...

Anywho, for fellow Necromancers wanting some advice (well those who are around my level), here's a guide:

Firstly, find an easy boss that has a boost to life. I chose Foulgaze in Olde Town simply because he doesn't shield at all. Then, get good armour that gives Death a good boost in damage.

My armour, equipment & character stats:

Wicked Mantle (Level 58)
Chaos Armour (Level 56)
Wicked Walkers (Level 58)
Long Night's Mandible Athame (Level 66)
Shango's Deathblade Amulet (Level 60)
Kallah's Dread Stone Ring (Level 66)
Damage - 63%
Resistance - 81%
Accuracy - 6%
Critical Rating - 35%
Block Rating - 120

My Fierce Hound pet aided in Accuracy & Resistance.

Secondly, your deck should only consist of what you'll be using to hit, trap and blade. Nothing extra.

Main Deck
1 Banshee
1 Convert
1 Dark Pact
1 Death Prism
2 Curses
2 Death Traps
2 Deathblades
2 Feints
2 Spirit Blades
4 Spirit Traps
2 Sharpened Blades (Level 86 Sun School Spell)
5 Potent Traps (Level 86 Sun School Spell)

Side Deck
1 Deathblade
1 Death Trap
4 Super Torments

Treasure Cards

1 Spirit Blade
1 Curse
1 Balance Blade
1 Death Trap
1 Colossal
1 Feint
Now, when you're in battle, immediately kill off the minion. That should be your top priority. After you've done that, that's when you start trapping and using blades.

This is the strategy I remember using:
Blades
Dark Pact
Balance Blade
Deathblade
Deathblade Side Deck
Deathblade with Sharpened Blade
Spirit Blade
Spirit Blade with Sharpened Blade
Spirit Blade Treasure Card

Traps
Spirit Trap
Spirit Trap with Potent Trap
Curse
Feint with Potent Trap
Curse Treasure Card
Convert
Spirit Trap
Spirit Trap with Potent Trap
Death Trap
Death Trap with Potent Trap
Death Trap Treasure Card
Death Trap Side Deck
Curse with Potent Trap
Feint
Feint Treasure Card

After doing all that, I used the Colossal treasure card on my frank and then hit Foulgaze. To tell you the truth, I don't even think I needed the traps before the convert because it didn't work...

Anyway, this is how I achieved the badge! Hopefully, it too will work out for those who try it!

Just make sure you use the Sharpened Blades and Potent Traps correctly and you should be fine!

Thanks for reading and I hope I helped

~Scarlet R. Archmage Necromancer
Melissa I. Master Thaumaturge
Emily S. JourneymanTheurgist
Heather R. Initiate Conjurer
Ashley S. Initiate Diviner
Scarlet N. Apprentice Pyromancer~

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my death wizard got his badge before azteca was released; but, aside from the enhanced spells, the only real difference in our setups is that i used dr. von (because i felt like it, and because i'm von. lol.)

if you want to try again (and get a screenshot this time), hit me up on central (the name is El Veeb) for an in-game meetup... my balance and death wizards are more than willing to lend themselves to your cause. congratulations on your achievement, and hope to see you in the spiral!

-von

dr. von awesome's monster
90 balance, 86 death, 72 storm, the rest.