Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets and may cast talent questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
1. Whats the chance that a pet will cast, "May cast sprite", "May cast stun", and "May cast Unicorn" (preferably fractions)?
2. Is there a way to increase the chance that my pet cast it?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MythicPlayer on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
1. Whats the chance that a pet will cast, "May cast sprite", "May cast stun", and "May cast Unicorn" (preferably fractions)?
2. Is there a way to increase the chance that my pet cast it?
This has been asked, and answered for years.

1. These are random talents, like any other.
2. No

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
1. Different may-cast talents have a greater probability of geting cast than others. Various triggers increase the probability of them getting cast. Spritely gets cast based on several triggers and as a result casts far more often in a battle than any other may-cast that I am aware of. Traps and charms (blades) may-casts occour very seldom in battle.

2. There is nothing you can do to your wizard character or pet to increase the chances of a may-cast. But there are two things you can do that will increase the chances of it being cast:

i) The may-cast spells are evaulated for casting after every player's turn in the battle circle (not once per battle round, but several times per round). More people in the battle circle means more chances per round that a may-cast will happen.

ii) Have your wizard cast a spell that is a known trigger for the may cast. For example attacking the enemy is a trigger for may-cast traps. Note this only increases the chances it will cast which is still slim.