Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ugh, accuracy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
Hey, I was just wondering how the accuracy system worked. I was questing on my balance in the Wyrd and I have 103% accuracy and I still fizzled. Is this a bug?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Andrew SkyStrider on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Hey, I was just wondering how the accuracy system worked. I was questing on my balance in the Wyrd and I have 103% accuracy and I still fizzled. Is this a bug?
No. There is always a chance of fizzle, no matter what your stats add up to. You just have a much less chance of fizzling at a higher stat rate.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
There will always be a.01% chance of fizzle because in this game nothing is absolute. But the basic accuracy should be thought of like this;

Take a 100 sided dice and roll it each spell you cast, if you roll under your accuracy the spell resolves, if you roll over it then it fizzles.

My pyro has 110 accuracy yet does fizzle every once and a long while.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Well, that's KI math. Even with over 100% accuracy, you can still fizzle.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, that's KI math. Even with over 100% accuracy, you can still fizzle.
KI Math xD

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I think it was because I cast a supernova. I thought it had normal balance accuracy, but found out it had 20% less. I agree with the math thing, I was never good at math but I can do better than what the developers did. No offence, I guess math just isn't their thing. XD