Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will I like Azteca if:

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,
Will I like Azteca if this is some info about my wizard

School: Balance
Level: I'm usually a couple ahead
Deck: Ok I guess about half blades/shields/traps/heals half damage(Full)
Clothing: I always go for the best stats(Crits and blocks, resist, damage, health, pips)

How worlds were for me when on them

Wizard City - Super easy, soloed all of it(I didn't know about stats then)
Krokotopia - Soloed 95%(I didn't know about stats then)
Marleybone - Soloed except big ben(I didn't know about stats then)
Mooshu - Very good, Pretty easy, Soloed 85-89%(Learned about stats) (Had no friends help till then)
Dragonspyre - Half good, half not that great, Soloed 50%(Stats)
Celestia - Pretty good, pretty smooth soloed 69%(Stats)
Zafaria - Currently in elephant graveyard, Super easy, soloed 90% so far(Amazing stats now)

I also use henchmen with crowns, but not on cheating bosses.

On my spells I boost about 200-500 over it's original damage with out baldes/traps(I do use most times)
My resist isn't that great(0 balance 6 others)
Crit rate: 97balance 40 others
Crit block: 120 balance 75 others
My wand goes about 70 over its original damage

With this info, can you guys predict if I will like Azteca? Cause I'm already stressing about it, I'm pretty much expecting a hard core next to impossible world based on other wizards opinions. Note: I would never quit Wizard101. How do you think I will do?
-Angela Dragonstone

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Azteca is quite tedious. Alot of back an forth, But difficulty depends on you. You might like it but you wont know till you try it out.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No one likes azteca. Just kidding :)

If you are going for the best stats, I would recommend...
Waterworks Hood/Crafted Avalon Hat
Crafted Avalon Robe
Waterworks Boots

Lexicon Blade
Aureate Band

And of course, a perfect pet...

But will you like it? Probably not, Zafaria was pretty easy, then Avalon will be a little difficult towards the end, but in Azteca you will be challenged like never before. I'll just tell you, it was EXTREMELY difficult for me.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizardrokz on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Clothing: I always go for the best stats(Crits and blocks, resist, damage, health, pips)

Mooshu - Very good, Pretty easy, Soloed 85-89%(Learned about stats) (Had no friends help till then)
Zafaria - Currently in elephant graveyard, Super easy, soloed 90% so far(Amazing stats now)

On my spells I boost about 200-500 over it's original damage with out baldes/traps(I do use most times)

With this info, can you guys predict if I will like Azteca? Cause I'm already stressing about it, I'm pretty much expecting a hard core next to impossible world based on other wizards opinions. Note: I would never quit Wizard101. How do you think I will do?
-Angela Dragonstone
whether or not you like azteca depends on how you play.

i am a level 90 balance wizard, who played the entire game through avalon by herself. she was my first wizard and, at times, i struggled in azteca~ not because it was hard, but because it was tedious and time-consuming. i was lucky enough to have a good questing buddy for most of it, but i didn't have a super-hard time soloing, either... it's a combination of proper deck setup and good gear (i even killed a boss with a mob deck, lol) and a lot more fun with a friend or 2 than by yourself.

question: what gear are you wearing? i suggest farming for your waterworks gear, if you don't already have it (my storm wizard is still missing her robe, so i can help you with this if needed) or the wintertusk crafted stuff is an option, if you have your grandmaster artisan badge; also get yourself some gear with good resist and critical block.

my balance wizard's damage boost is +76%, and her power novas can clear 1500 damage, no blades or buffs. speaking of, power novas are how you will survive azteca~ lots and lots of colossal power novas. and reshuffle.

if you are a casual player like me, you will probably struggle with your level 88 spell quest and need a hench-creature for backup. but that's the only major roadblock.

good luck!

-von
level 90 balance

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Well your stats won't be the same forever you still have avalon to go through your stats should change by the end of avalon beginning of azteca.

• Your going to have to work on your resistance in azteca that is a big thing to help you stay alive and makes more room in your deck since you won't be needing as much shields.You can do what I did since I didnt have water works gear I got some clothes that gave resist to specific schools like there are these hats that give 21% resist to the elemental schools and a different hat that gives 21% resist to the spirit schools so i just switched the hats depending on the schools i think there is also a balance storm and fire resist hat too it also gave 6% incoming heal
  • Your going to want to drop your critical rate and make your critical block better too because every thing blocks in avalon and azteca. Your main focus in azteca is to stay alive and defeat your enemy.
  • You can solo azteca it is doable but it will be quicker and easier with someone to help you. If you want to use henchman you can its up to i know sometimes people aren't on so you are going to use henchman.
  • Azteca wasn't that bad to me because I had help from some friends.I didn't solo much only like 10% of it and that's because I don't like to solo.

I did this and i finished in about 3 weeks

Remember to boost your resist and critical block.

Hoped this helped

Alexander Ogrecrafter lvl 90 Pyromancer

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Hi,

-Angela Dragonstone
Don't get overwhelmed when you first get there. The first few fights will be hard, until you reach a certain point. When you get to Mangrove Marsh, and you will have applied to the difficulty, you will be able to relax a little and take it soon.

But I'm telling you, from Avalon to Azteca, there will be a very cold shower!

But I'm sure you will do great

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
If you like Celestia, I'm pretty sure you'll LOVE Azteca. Just wait till you get there.........

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 86 Balance~over and out

Survivor
May 01, 2011
Hi,

-Angela Dragonstone
you would love it i know i did

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Dream Eater Pr... on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
If you like Celestia, I'm pretty sure you'll LOVE Azteca. Just wait till you get there.........

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 86 Balance~over and out
i hated celestia then, and i hate azteca now. yeah, i'd say arica is pretty spot-on.