Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helpful Tips for Completeing Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hi everyone! Angela Dragonstone here with a few good tips for completeing Marleybone. Read carefully!

1) Getting Around - Marleybone is known for having zero sidewalks which means getting yanked into battles often. What to do is always go on the side the monsters are walking on in the direction you need. If you live in America think about driving. You always go to your right. This is also what you do. Also don't go to fast. It's actually best not to have a monut here. Go as fast as the monsters are as if you were one of them.

2) Dungeons - Bring a friend! The dungeons in Marleybone only need about two people. If you want, you may be able to solo. Don't forget about better stats from clothing! Bosses are in dungeons as well.

3) Street Mobs - (Regular enemies) They are pretty simple. Just use a blade or trap, attack. Just keep doing that and heal if you have to. Same goes with Bosses.

4) Side quests - Side quests are often go talk to that person then talk to them then talk to them. And usually those characters are spread throughtout the area. Meaning you have to walk far which means greater risk of battles along the way. See tip 1.

5)Big ben - The dreaded final dungeon for the world. This has about if I remember correctly a whole 14 floors. But not all of them are monsters. Some may be puzzles or wisp rooms. Always fill up your potion bottles before you go. And also: Some floors have milk bottles. DO NOT WALK UP AND PRESS X TO SPILL. If you do all three bottles, you get another boss. They do give you warnings about that.

Well, those are my tips for Marleybone. I hope you will enjoy your visit there and in times of need, look here.
Now, I want wizards to post their tips!!!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wizardrokz on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone! Angela Dragonstone here with a few good tips for completeing Marleybone. Read carefully!

1) Getting Around - Marleybone is known for having zero sidewalks which means getting yanked into battles often. What to do is always go on the side the monsters are walking on in the direction you need. If you live in America think about driving. You always go to your right. This is also what you do. Also don't go to fast. It's actually best not to have a monut here. Go as fast as the monsters are as if you were one of them.

2) Dungeons - Bring a friend! The dungeons in Marleybone only need about two people. If you want, you may be able to solo. Don't forget about better stats from clothing! Bosses are in dungeons as well.

3) Street Mobs - (Regular enemies) They are pretty simple. Just use a blade or trap, attack. Just keep doing that and heal if you have to. Same goes with Bosses.

4) Side quests - Side quests are often go talk to that person then talk to them then talk to them. And usually those characters are spread throughtout the area. Meaning you have to walk far which means greater risk of battles along the way. See tip 1.

5)Big ben - The dreaded final dungeon for the world. This has about if I remember correctly a whole 14 floors. But not all of them are monsters. Some may be puzzles or wisp rooms. Always fill up your potion bottles before you go. And also: Some floors have milk bottles. DO NOT WALK UP AND PRESS X TO SPILL. If you do all three bottles, you get another boss. They do give you warnings about that.

Well, those are my tips for Marleybone. I hope you will enjoy your visit there and in times of need, look here.
My tips differ:

1) The key here is not which side to move on, but to take your time. Yes, you can use your mount all you want, just take your time and watch how the mobs move. I rarely get pulled into duels because I don't run head on without knowing who is moving where.

2) I don't think I have ever had help with any of these dungeons; friends aren't necessary. Plan ahead; anyone can solo.

4) I totally disagree here - the side quests offer great xp and other rewards. Do at least some of them to level you up.

5) A further tip on Big Ben: mark your spot on occasion so you can port out and back in if need be.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Do you have tips for Meowiarty?
Thanks

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
out of all 14 floors, how many are bosses? can you remember?

Champion
Dec 01, 2011

The boss from the milk bottles is pretty interesting, as it gives you a badge and possible rewards of crowns gear. I recomend fighting him.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Spike_the_Crusher

Survivor
Mar 01, 2013
I seem to have run out of quests. I finished the clockwork tower and I don't know where to find Big Ben (no quest for it yet). Any tips?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Mark a teleport position to cut your transit time and finish quests fast with minimal unnecessary fighting. A dust-up in the streets can throw off your mana and health as you head into a dungeon. By the time you start Marleybone you should have enough mana capacity to afford to mark a safe point of return and still complete a battle.

As soon as you enter a dungeon, mark a spot to return to the dungeon incase you need to refill bottles. Never start a new dungeon or phase of a dungeon without marking, returning to regent square, healing/filling bottles, and re-marking for if you die.

Keep picking up reagents and exploring. Side quests lurk in upstairs rooms, hallways, shops, etc.

Always look at gear you get in a safe place shortly after battles. You start to get really nice things at about level 25 which is when a lot of people start Marleybone. Swap gear to the better quality items you will start to get and stay ahead of the curve.

Always review your wand, amulet, deck, and sideboard choices before moving into a new area. Mobs differ widely and your anti-hooligan setup might be really bad against the next type of monster you face.

General tips you can apply pretty much anywhere in the spiral to good effect

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
More Tips:

- Keep an eye out for symbol tablets when killing bosses. You will need the sequence/code to open gates later. And running back to get it can be annoying. :) Always look around boss rooms for symbol plaques. (Bird, Croc, Tree, Beetle, Sun, Moon, etc)
TIP: [If you have open chat] Write them in chat, so you have them 'recorded' for use later.

- JITTERBUG creatures -- Kensington Park -- Have insane life, 2300, move fast, and pull you in even if you hug the far side. Be VERY careful in this area, most people fail this area at first.
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jitterbug
TIP: Bring a friend! You'll need the extra help -- Move WITH them, just behind, to avoid combat.
TIP2: Bosses: Skratch, Skritch, and Clonky are in the street with Jitterbug's. You CAN fight them alone if you run into the middle of the street and initiate combat without being caught by a jitterbug first.

- Crafting Quest: For the marleybone crafting quest, you'll need Iron Ore, which is impossible to buy, and hard to find. But can be farmed easily from the Dungeon: Counterweight East/West. Go in and out to re-spawn the iron ore.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DanielDuskweaver on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
I seem to have run out of quests. I finished the clockwork tower and I don't know where to find Big Ben (no quest for it yet). Any tips?
It sounds like you just finished the Main Quests in Chelsea Court. You should have a quest that tells you to talk to Sherlock Bones in Digmore Station.

This link to one of the fansites shows a list of quests in Marleybone:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?33900-Marleybone-Quest-List

Maybe this will help you get back on track.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What worked for me in Marley to not get pulled into battles very often, is to go as far to the side as possible and still cross the boards and stuff. I did it with walking and mounts.

For an extra badge, off to the left of Katzentien's Lab, is an opening. You'll need to find 3 or 5 boards, I don't remember the count, to open a new walkway to Smogger. He's tough, but beatable. He'll give you the badge Smogger Smasher and COULD drop a pet. Make sure you MARK the location, cause you could easily die. That's a tough boss, with a minion, but can be done.

As already stated from others:

In Big Ben, mark the location every level or two and make your travelling MUCH easier.
Have full potions ready

Big Ben is a dungeon where it saves your progress, so if you beat 2 out of 4 creatures, when you port back, you'll only have ONE bad guy left.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks SO much for the big ben tip! I am close to completing marleybone, and i am really nervous about big ben.