Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn Still Let's You Cast? glitch?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Am I the only one thats having this strange problem where you cast mana burn on the opponent but they still use their spell? Is this supposed to be a glitch? Or did KI seriously make this spell useless in many ways -__-

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
KorekuEternal on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
Am I the only one thats having this strange problem where you cast mana burn on the opponent but they still use their spell? Is this supposed to be a glitch? Or did KI seriously make this spell useless in many ways -__-
unfortunately, it's not a glitch.

mana burn was designed to even the playing-field in pvp (so the person in 2nd doesn't get shafted); like most of the level 78 spells, it has no practical use in pve.

i think the spell is broken, and i hate it for more reasons than i can list here. but a certain poster will disagree and likely reply to this board just to insult me for saying so; said poster knows who s/he is, and is asked to refrain from replying to any of my posts.

-von
level 90 balance

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
unfortunately, it's not a glitch.

mana burn was designed to even the playing-field in pvp (so the person in 2nd doesn't get shafted); like most of the level 78 spells, it has no practical use in pve.

i think the spell is broken, and i hate it for more reasons than i can list here. but a certain poster will disagree and likely reply to this board just to insult me for saying so; said poster knows who s/he is, and is asked to refrain from replying to any of my posts.

-von
level 90 balance
Wow, seriously? Mana Burn, and other Avalon spells, are just plain un un-useful then. I don't know how someone could say otherwise....

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Actually mana burn is used best from second position.

Let me explain.
when fighting say in PVP and you go first and your opponent second,
you both get to select your attack.
you have 6 pips and select mana burn, they have six pips and they
select (lets say storm lord), even though you go first and take out there
mana, They still get to cast there selected spell,unless they fizz.
There spell was selected before the burn when they had the pips so it will carry thru..
IF it worked the other way like most are thinking, it would be more like a stun spell...

Hope this helps