Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best secondary school for solo balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
After my first ice wizard, I decided to try balance. I'm debating over what I want as my secondary school. I'm going to be soloing pretty much all of the game. Anyone's thoughts are welcome but please tell me why.
Thanks,
Andrea Titan, balance

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
I have a balance and her secondary school is death because it does powerful spells and gives healing back! Another good school could be life. Either one would be a great school to choose and if you ask why, its because you always need some healing in the game! The beginner fairy spell in the game that everybody gets is not enough or else you shall be dying a lot!

I hope you consider my opinion!

From,

Kymma Dragoon Blossom- balance
Cheyenne Raven Song- life

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Life and death are great for the healing aspects. I also suggest taking ice up to tower shield. Ice also give you the dual shield vs Fire and storm. The defences are good reason to do it.

imo

Sabrina Raventhief 90 level balance

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
It is quite a delicate problem. If you get a powerful school as your secondary (like storm or fire) you will find it easier to deal with mobs in the worlds up to Dragonspyre, let's say. I can tell you from my own experience that I stopped using my second school, balance, somewhere in Mooshu. Therefor, I believe that you should get life as you second school. You are really going to need Satyr if you are going to solo a lot.
Another good choice is death. Feint is going to be a very useful spell to raise your damage as balance is not a very powerful school in what damage is concearned.
If you wish, you can also try to get ice for Tower Shield but it is a bit of a waste as you already have elemental and spirit shield.
I suggest that you do not get all of the spells from you secondary school. You will not need to use lvl 42 spells when at a higher level. It will waste precious pips. Life up to Satyr, death up to Feint, ice up to Tower Shield. This are some of the best cards for PvE.

Erin Firesword
level 84, Archmage Pyromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Zial on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
After my first ice wizard, I decided to try balance. I'm debating over what I want as my secondary school. I'm going to be soloing pretty much all of the game. Anyone's thoughts are welcome but please tell me why.
Thanks,
Andrea Titan, balance
my balance wizard had fire as a secondary, but i ended up buying back all of her training points at level 80. because she was my first wizard, i didn't realize at the time just how pointless it is to have a secondary school, since the cost (as you level up and your power-pip chance increases) makes off-school spells a waste of time and pips.

my advice: train death to feint and save the rest of your training points for the astral enchantments; carry shatter and cleanse charm in your treasure deck, for getting rid of shields and weakness, and don't waste your points training life to satyr (balance gets school-only healing spells at level 35 and 55)~ your pixie will hold you over until then.

i started off as a solo player as well, so i've already been there, done that. hope this helps you do the same.

-von

90 balance
83 death
64 storm
42 life
24 myth & ice
17 fire

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Hi there,
I'm a Level 86 Balance and have done the majority of the game without a second school - other than training life spells to get Sprite, training death to get feint, and training ice to get tower shield. Now that I'm in Azteca, I have a pet who gives a storm blade and in addition to that, she heals like crazy. So I equipped Storm Mastery Blade,, loaded a bunch of storm attacks in my treasures, and use storm as a 2nd school. Its debatable whether I'll decide to cash in my training points and train storm as a 2nd school. But for now I'm very content and feel comfortable soloing a lot of areas in Azteca.
~Destiny~

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Thanks,
Andrea Titan, balance
The only thing you need from death is Feint. Life is not really a must, satyr is good but you don't really need it since you got your own healing spells(Helping hands and Availing hands). Ice up to Tower is a must for the universal shield and just that. Those kind of things are like basic stuff that everyone should get. I wouldn't really consider a secondary school, like saying you want storm cause of its attacks, you wouldn't really benefit much from it, unless you have a mastery amulet, still you don't really have natural damage boost to it, or their school based buffs to really get the most of it.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
My level 30 balance wizard's secondary school is storm and she has done well so far in the spiral. Right now she is in Krokotopia -not sure if I spelled it right- doing all the emperors retreat quests.

Destiny Waterthief

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks,
Andrea Titan, balance
I have two secondary schools for my balance wizard. They are life and storm, and I have all the spells from them that I can learn. They work good, life heals, storm does amazing damage

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I personally believe a balance should NEVER train Life as a secondary, due to availing hands and helping hands.

If you ask me:
Ice to Blizzard if you don't plan on Pvping, otherwise only to Tower.
Colossal
Death to Feint
And all the others everyone stated.

Honestly, you don't need a full secondary.

Survivor
May 18, 2012