Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

azteca crafting quest makes no sense.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, we need a bunch of agave nectar to get our transcendent crafter badges.
transmute recipe is not available until you're already a transcendent crafter.

are you kidding me?

i've been searching for 10 levels and have only 2 out of 5 agave nectar so far. you're telling me, ki, that i have to hope for 3 more drops, which i might never get, just to fulfill the quest requirements?

and another thing~ turquoise is only available via boss drop.
i am in pitch-black lake and have exactly one turquoise.

i have a life outside of the game. i don't have hours, days, months on end to spend searching for this stuff.

the only difference between this and my job is that i get paid at work. all of this grinding, for little or no reward, is not fun. it's degrading.

-von

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
Just keep realm switching in Cloudburst Forest to get the Agave Nectar. If you need the Turqouise, it shows up in the bazaar every once in a while, but at 4,000 a piece. That's where I got a bunch of mine.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I agree I thought that was it after the tideous hours of fighting at the Bazaar for the Zafaria one and now - I have to fight and switch realms for 3 hours only for 1 peice of nectar?! And I wasnt so pleased with the gear you gave us. Only 5 more critical on the fire hat?

I wish you good luck, von, but you know what? I'm not even gonna bother with this quest anymore. Te Potent Trap and the Nectar are the worse things we need for a crafting quest.

Feels like the quest is harder than the world itself...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree too. I will be done Azteca main quest before I get to craft stuff. Especially anything useful like gear. I'm still trying to get that crazy treasure card for the main crafting quest, never mind trying to get amber for later on. So what's the point? I could craft stuff after the main quest just so I am sufficiently overpowered elsewhere in the spiral with a Promethean wizard. Or I guess I can shared bank stuff to other wizards on my account. Maybe crafting stuff in Azteca will be important for adventuring in the next released world?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Honestly, most of the Azteca crafted gear isn't much better, and some is worse than the Waterworks and Avalon gear. To do the crafting it takes agave leaves, nectar, and turquoise. The nectar is hard to get, and the turquoise is the hardest reagent to get enough of, unless you want to fight boss after boss for farming, which gets tedious and mind-numbing.

For the robes, you have to find the appropriate TC aura school spells. Oh my, that can be a task. But of course, again, you have to fight Azteca bosses to get that. For Balance, it's tougher, because we have two aura spells, but to craft the robe, you have to have the Chastisement aura, not the Punishment one (which is the one I seem to get, not the right one). The straw that breaks the camels back? The cards are not tradeable, even to your other wizards on the account.

PLUS, you have to do the quests to open the gear recipe vendors, which are a ways in Azteca. The level 84 robes are in Floating Mtns, which most people will be level 88-90 by the time they get there. What's the purpose of that? When I hit level 84, if I wish to craft my robe, I want it NOW, not several levels ahead of me near the end of the current game content.

Thanks, but I'll work with the gear I have, as the crafting in Azteca has gone beyond ridiculous and frankly, not worth the effort. For how hard you work to craft, the gear is barely passable.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Dr Von on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
so, we need a bunch of agave nectar to get our transcendent crafter badges.
transmute recipe is not available until you're already a transcendent crafter.

are you kidding me?

i've been searching for 10 levels and have only 2 out of 5 agave nectar so far. you're telling me, ki, that i have to hope for 3 more drops, which i might never get, just to fulfill the quest requirements?

and another thing~ turquoise is only available via boss drop.
i am in pitch-black lake and have exactly one turquoise.

i have a life outside of the game. i don't have hours, days, months on end to spend searching for this stuff.

the only difference between this and my job is that i get paid at work. all of this grinding, for little or no reward, is not fun. it's degrading.

-von
The transmute nectar is a bug i think. Its actually transmute sunstone but labeled wrong, I thought they fixed this already but i guess not if you still see it there. I have metioned this in other posts. Thats is why it makes no sense.

As for turquoise check the ice boss (forget name) down the hole in PBL he drops turqoise at times.

The crafted gear in azteca is not perfect and its very time consuming getting that badge but if you like to craft then it can be accomplished, I got mine just because i wanted to get to the end of crafting just incase my alts need gear

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I am having trouble finding the recipe for Azteca. I have the quest but he is not offering me the recipe. Any ideas? I found the vendor and got the quest, but dont know what to search for.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i actually found no problem with this world crafting quest aside from the agave nector but i managed to get that in about 12 min. i dont know i guess while i was questing i just got everything i needed.
i do agree with QueQueg it doesn make sense to give us level 84 crafted robes in a level 88-90 area in the world. btw to help you guys the way i got all the nector i needed was by realm jumping in alto alto, i just learned there spawn points and i went on my little routine for every realm. btw speaking of the straw that breaks the camels back quequeg why on earth would we need amber AND braided vines to craft decks?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I don't even bother with crafting. Every time I look at recepies for clothing, I always have better stats with WW gear than the ones crafting offers.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
quequeg said:

"Thanks, but I'll work with the gear I have, as the crafting in Azteca has gone beyond ridiculous and frankly, not worth the effort. For how hard you work to craft, the gear is barely passable."

Wow, I just met the crafting vendor for hats and boots in alto alto and defintely not worth the trouble.

How does the vendor Popol Vah Whitepaper stay in business???

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I don't get this...
So one day I went into my reagent bag and I had 13 Turquoise. I was like...Hmm

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The weird thing is, you can get your L86 stuff (Alto Alto) WAY before you can get your L84 robes. Huh?

The L84 robes: If you crafted the Avalon robes, Azteca robes are just the same, except slightly better .... only slightly. I didn't even think about crafting the Azteca gear for my Ice. I would lose a lot of universal resist between the hat, robe and boots, while other schools increase their universal resist by 1% compared to Avalon robes.

My Ice was the first to go through Azteca. I was not able to get the transcendent crafters badge until I helped a bunch of people, after I finished the world. It's because I was not able to get the Potent Trap TC needed in my first run-through. So, I had to basically go through Azteca again and again to get the TC card needed.

If crafting continues to be what it is, my Ice will be the only transcendent crafter, and I probably won't go higher (if there is more in the next world(s)). I can't see putting my other wizards through the stress.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Honestly, most of the Azteca crafted gear isn't much better, and some is worse than the Waterworks and Avalon gear. To do the crafting it takes agave leaves, nectar, and turquoise. The nectar is hard to get, and the turquoise is the hardest reagent to get enough of, unless you want to fight boss after boss for farming, which gets tedious and mind-numbing.

For the robes, you have to find the appropriate TC aura school spells. Oh my, that can be a task. But of course, again, you have to fight Azteca bosses to get that. For Balance, it's tougher, because we have two aura spells, but to craft the robe, you have to have the Chastisement aura, not the Punishment one (which is the one I seem to get, not the right one). The straw that breaks the camels back? The cards are not tradeable, even to your other wizards on the account.

PLUS, you have to do the quests to open the gear recipe vendors, which are a ways in Azteca. The level 84 robes are in Floating Mtns, which most people will be level 88-90 by the time they get there. What's the purpose of that? When I hit level 84, if I wish to craft my robe, I want it NOW, not several levels ahead of me near the end of the current game content.

Thanks, but I'll work with the gear I have, as the crafting in Azteca has gone beyond ridiculous and frankly, not worth the effort. For how hard you work to craft, the gear is barely passable.
Agreed. Everything in Az is turned upside down as to when a wizards should be able to access recipes, spell quests and you name it.

Why would any wizard want level 82-84 gear at lvl 88 or higher unless that gear is exceptional (which it is not).
I only need the Potent Trap to complete the quest, but don't see the point. I can understand some challenge to be able to craft, but it is going far beyond that now. I think I am about finished with future crafting quests.

The Transmute Agave Nectar recipe is not a bug. There is no reason to have a transmute sunstone in Az when that can be gotten in CL.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. Everything in Az is turned upside down as to when a wizards should be able to access recipes, spell quests and you name it.

Why would any wizard want level 82-84 gear at lvl 88 or higher unless that gear is exceptional (which it is not).
I only need the Potent Trap to complete the quest, but don't see the point. I can understand some challenge to be able to craft, but it is going far beyond that now. I think I am about finished with future crafting quests.

The Transmute Agave Nectar recipe is not a bug. There is no reason to have a transmute sunstone in Az when that can be gotten in CL.
Hmm well they had a bunch of postings about the bug, Maybe it was fixed then.

I will have to go buy it and try to craft it to be sure.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:

Ok they fixed it. I bought the transmute from popol in altoalto and gathered the 15 leaves then used the transmute and it produced a nectar. So my apologies for the mis information everyone the bug has been fixed.