Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Balance the best school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here thought Balance was the best school. I do, and not because I'm Balance. I rated each school and please don't be offended by the ranking.
1: Balance
2: Fire
3: Ice
4: Life
5: Death
6: Storm
7: Myth
I know, some of you must be thinking, why? I put Balance first because of the fact they can do anything. I put Fire 2nd because, they are powerful and they have a decent amount of health. Ice is 3rd because they need a few blades, but, they have major health and major resist. Life is 4th because they can heal, but the spells are kinda weaker. I know Life isn't all about healing. Death, in my opinion is 5th, I thought that because their spells aren't very good in some cases. No offense. Storm is 6th because they can't really take damage, but trust me, they can do damage. Yet also, them seem to fizzle a lot and have low health. Myth is 7th, they seem to have a hard time, low health, meaner teacher (No offense Cyrus!), weaker spells, spells with a higher fizzle rate. Yet, each spell can be pretty useful, like Earthquake. Either way, please tell me what you think, and please don't be offended.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
Fox1202 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here thought Balance was the best school. I do, and not because I'm Balance. I rated each school and please don't be offended by the ranking.
1: Balance
2: Fire
3: Ice
4: Life
5: Death
6: Storm
7: Myth
I know, some of you must be thinking, why? I put Balance first because of the fact they can do anything. I put Fire 2nd because, they are powerful and they have a decent amount of health. Ice is 3rd because they need a few blades, but, they have major health and major resist. Life is 4th because they can heal, but the spells are kinda weaker. I know Life isn't all about healing. Death, in my opinion is 5th, I thought that because their spells aren't very good in some cases. No offense. Storm is 6th because they can't really take damage, but trust me, they can do damage. Yet also, them seem to fizzle a lot and have low health. Myth is 7th, they seem to have a hard time, low health, meaner teacher (No offense Cyrus!), weaker spells, spells with a higher fizzle rate. Yet, each spell can be pretty useful, like Earthquake. Either way, please tell me what you think, and please don't be offended.
"Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog." The Balance Quote.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
For one thing, storm is the strongest. fire is second your correct on that. and i'm not sure if balance is the third or fourth strongest. i wish it was everyone says its weak but its TOTALLY not. i'm balance and i worked on my char real hard to get her to lvl 73. i hate to hear balance is the weakest and had to start over on a whole new char so i'm stronger.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Balance is a great school but imo all schools have their ups and downs. Cant rate any the best or worst.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Crystaleyes234 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
For one thing, storm is the strongest. fire is second your correct on that. and i'm not sure if balance is the third or fourth strongest. i wish it was everyone says its weak but its TOTALLY not. i'm balance and i worked on my char real hard to get her to lvl 73. i hate to hear balance is the weakest and had to start over on a whole new char so i'm stronger.
Storm has strongest attacks, that's obvious. You can die by a fizzle though, that accuracy is important. IMO, you have to be pretty patient with storm at first, until you get gear with good accuracy. Sidhe Staff is very good for my storm wizard. I personally think balance is the strongest, like it is said in the game; "It can be a difficult school to master, but once done it is arguably the most powerful." You have to have the right personality to be able to train a balance wizard. Patience and ambition are what drove me.
promethean sorcerer | promethean diviner | archmage necromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheUnicornStalkers on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Storm has strongest attacks, that's obvious. You can die by a fizzle though, that accuracy is important. IMO, you have to be pretty patient with storm at first, until you get gear with good accuracy. Sidhe Staff is very good for my storm wizard. I personally think balance is the strongest, like it is said in the game; "It can be a difficult school to master, but once done it is arguably the most powerful." You have to have the right personality to be able to train a balance wizard. Patience and ambition are what drove me.
promethean sorcerer | promethean diviner | archmage necromancer
i agree with you~ it takes a very-specific personality to play balance well, and i don't have it (or patience). but i've learned to make the best of the situation.

your statement re: storm is also correct. diviners are strong, but only if they survive long enough to deliver a big hit; such as in real life, lightning is rather unpredictable and never strikes the same target twice. oddly enough, my storm wizard is tied with balance for the highest accuracy in my wizarding family... 97 percent, no sidhe staff required.

the only thing i agree with the op on is his (or her) last pick, because i don't like myth- fighting against or playing as. i don't know any conjurers past level 60 (probably because of low survivability), but i'm sure there are some out there... and i'm sure that it, like any school, can be powerful in the right hands.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, the rest.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Dr Von on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
i agree with you~ it takes a very-specific personality to play balance well, and i don't have it (or patience). but i've learned to make the best of the situation.

your statement re: storm is also correct. diviners are strong, but only if they survive long enough to deliver a big hit; such as in real life, lightning is rather unpredictable and never strikes the same target twice. oddly enough, my storm wizard is tied with balance for the highest accuracy in my wizarding family... 97 percent, no sidhe staff required.

the only thing i agree with the op on is his (or her) last pick, because i don't like myth- fighting against or playing as. i don't know any conjurers past level 60 (probably because of low survivability), but i'm sure there are some out there... and i'm sure that it, like any school, can be powerful in the right hands.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, legendary diviner, the rest.
My best thought for keeping the Sidhe Staff around is so I can get the accuracy and PP percentage from the staff, and then i can get more resist from my other gear. I find that having a good resist works well for a storm, but those are my thoughts. I have a problem with myth as well; they get a powerful earthquake which is very much alike to sirens. I do tend to find small quirks about myth though, as a sorcerer I have been dying to have a DoT spell. So I find basilisk, dimensional shift(ah!), and the new celestial calendar quite interesting. I just think it's not very fair to have two schools be able to remove blades from you, blades you have spent a decent amount of rounds building up. Eh, it is what it is. I've met a few promethean conjurers, but from what I've seen, they are hardest prometheans to find. I honestly believe thinking life can be only good for healing and fire can only be good at attacking is just nonesense. My best friend is life, and she is a beast at killing. All that matters is how the cards are played.