Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Well have a great new year!...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Have a great new year KI and all you wizards!

Wizard101 is a fantastic game with beautiful worlds and great character models. The music and sounds are well done. Spell animations are fantastic.

But I'm done. Great overall family game until second arc. No longer a family game, an attempt to be tough for teens and adults. But an adult can play a basic card game against cartoon rhinos for only so long. Far too much repetition and lack of story, strategy, and variety. Player immersion is missing. But mostly the game is lacking purpose. I am a huge fan of RPG's and this was great for my young daughter. Time to move on to other things. So long, and thanks again for the great experience!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:

Wizard101 is a fantastic game with beautiful worlds and great character models. The music and sounds are well done. Spell animations are fantastic.

But I'm done. Great overall family game until second arc. No longer a family game, an attempt to be tough for teens and adults. But an adult can play a basic card game against cartoon rhinos for only so long. Far too much repetition and lack of story, strategy, and variety. Player immersion is missing. But mostly the game is lacking purpose. I am a huge fan of RPG's and this was great for my young daughter. Time to move on to other things. So long, and thanks again for the great experience!
I am finding the same here and am doing the same, I regret buying yrly subs and won't ever do that with any game again. I am not sure where I will go that will be geared for my style of casual game play but there is probably something out there.

After pushing to do Celestia and Zafaria I did Avalon with one wizard but was not pleased with the need for so much thought to get by and more intense fighting where I actually felt sorry for my poor wizard taking such a beating. I am not looking for a game that keeps me constantly challenged or on the edge of my seat or that has areas like Waterworks that could cost me hours of time to complete.

Currently as my yearly subs wind down I will not be renewing them and I am making and deleting wizards and playing though DS at the most. I won't be renewing because that just states I am fine with the game as it's gone hard core on me and I will no longer force my wizards though worlds I don't enjoy. Originally I had bought with crowns the areas in Wizard City - that is where I really belong.

The game is being geared for the WOW fall outs and not the casual, kids and families that got the game started. We are being forced to hang up our wands and move on.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011

Goodbye, RottenHeart! Have a merry New Year! lol We'll all miss you!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Northlite on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
I am finding the same here and am doing the same, I regret buying yrly subs and won't ever do that with any game again. I am not sure where I will go that will be geared for my style of casual game play but there is probably something out there.

After pushing to do Celestia and Zafaria I did Avalon with one wizard but was not pleased with the need for so much thought to get by and more intense fighting where I actually felt sorry for my poor wizard taking such a beating. I am not looking for a game that keeps me constantly challenged or on the edge of my seat or that has areas like Waterworks that could cost me hours of time to complete.

Currently as my yearly subs wind down I will not be renewing them and I am making and deleting wizards and playing though DS at the most. I won't be renewing because that just states I am fine with the game as it's gone hard core on me and I will no longer force my wizards though worlds I don't enjoy. Originally I had bought with crowns the areas in Wizard City - that is where I really belong.

The game is being geared for the WOW fall outs and not the casual, kids and families that got the game started. We are being forced to hang up our wands and move on.
I see alot of people saying hardcore as of late. I will say one thing, when you leave wiz101 and see how other games are you will truely see what hardcore is. This game is in no way hardcore, It may be to hard for some people but it is not hardcore at all.
you could give DCUO a try that might be ok for you. Free realms may work for you also.
Well none the less merry christmas an happy new year also and becareful out there in the real mmo world it gets scary at times.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012

see ya rotten heart! I hope to see you again some day!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
fireproof1111 on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
I see alot of people saying hardcore as of late. I will say one thing, when you leave wiz101 and see how other games are you will truely see what hardcore is. This game is in no way hardcore, It may be to hard for some people but it is not hardcore at all.
you could give DCUO a try that might be ok for you. Free realms may work for you also.
Well none the less merry christmas an happy new year also and becareful out there in the real mmo world it gets scary at times.
The games I played prior were Disney ToonTown and then Free Realms. Sadly ToonTown is my level of excitement in a game but I felt I could push it a bit more. Free Realms becomes aggravating for me as the areas became harder to navigate though as you progress in the game which was about the time my grandson found Wizards - we all joined - they left and I stayed. The first arc is the most I want to have to figure a game out to play to go on - unless it comes with a written manual on how to.

In the end I am not sure there is a true "Family Fun" game out there for me but I can always go back to Spider Solitaire. I came to Wizards not really a gamer and I can leave the same way.

Just because Wizards avoids the Teen+ content does not mean it's not Hardcore gaming in the upper worlds, I actually consider the attacking of higher rank spells a bit violent for my wizard to take - repeatedly. For those of you that the game is "easy" for you would not see this difference and really don't understand that there are quite a few people who play this game that just can't wrap their head around that sort of game play.

I know there are quite a few of these type of people because I help them often as I quest though the Spiral - they have many flaws in how they are progressing in the game to even prepare them for DS let alone anything in more higher in worlds. Yes I have menu chats on my friends list, no one wants to friend them let alone help them, then there is family that never could play but love the game etc..

Yes, I could quest in these upper worlds but it gets too serious for me to want to bother with and in order to help them progress I would have to be able to do it solo because they have no clue on how to prepare them selves for it, even if I explain how they play their way anyway. Maybe it all comes down to this - I am a bookkeeper and when I am not working I don't want to have to do the math for a game?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No offense, but I have no idea how you find this game difficult... I find it easy compared to other games...
You may find it difficult, but there are games that make this look like a cakewalk.. An example? Beta Pirate101 cool ranch. I MEAN UH other games... pssh ya.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Your username might be Rottenheart, but you have a big HEART. :D

We'll miss ya!

Haley DunePetal, level 76 Balance.

Rise above and defeat the Evil within, Young Wizards! Good luck with your adventures in the Spiral.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Rotten in the beginning I thought you had weird ideas but then suddenly I thought you were a beast! I agree with you the magic is destroyed. I am more focused on games like Dragonnest and Clubpenguin now. Seriously Morganthe has a lame storyline she just wants to be the ruler. Malistare had true intentions and he had a good reason to summon the dragon titan. Then PVP. YUP! We have to pvp to get awesome looking gear! Then schools like Balance get blamed for nothing! Also more packs are being made like what? Every single month?! If you haven't noticed. Look at the new stuff the treant mount and the Red Barn farm. In my opinion they are boosting the prices for items in the Crowns shop now. Kingsisle you even trolled us with Reshuffle! The bosses are more hard! Crafting is ridiculous! And! To top it off! You favor every other school than Death! If you think I am saying this because i'm Death. No i'm Life. Yeah just......Kingsisle fix your game.