Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty is a part of the game, team up!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Actually, I do believe that is what they are saying.

Unfortunately, I have been playing this game a lot longer than he has and I have NEVER at any time seen anything specifically stated by KI that we can not solo if that is our play style. Playing and questing with friends is great fun and I enjoy it. But I like to solo too at my own pace instead of just flying through the game like some do AND to prove to myself what my wizards are capable of doing. Frankly I don't feel it is fair to my friends to constantly babysit my wizards so she can catch up with theirs. I do ask for help if and when I think I need it.

I am tired of hearing this is a MMO game. I KNOW that. I knew that when I started playing.
What i mean when i say something such as this is a group game or MMO is that the game can be soloed but wasnt meant to be soloed. They wouldnt waste time and money marketing an MMo if it was made to solo.
But as ive said in many posts you can solo the game if your good enough. But when people start complaining they cannot achieve something in game solo because its to hard then they may want to remember that maybe their just not good enough to solo it so group up.

And nothing needs to be said by KI stating not to solo, KI's actions making these last few worlds the way they have and people getting on the forums asking for a nerf is proof enough for me that its group time.

As for people thinking they have been here forever well thats great im glad theyve been here that long but it has no affect on game play or idealism.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
What i mean when i say something such as this is a group game or MMO is that the game can be soloed but wasnt meant to be soloed. They wouldnt waste time and money marketing an MMo if it was made to solo.
But as ive said in many posts you can solo the game if your good enough. But when people start complaining they cannot achieve something in game solo because its to hard then they may want to remember that maybe their just not good enough to solo it so group up.

And nothing needs to be said by KI stating not to solo, KI's actions making these last few worlds the way they have and people getting on the forums asking for a nerf is proof enough for me that its group time.

As for people thinking they have been here forever well thats great im glad theyve been here that long but it has no affect on game play or idealism.
To bad it is not as cut and dry as you proclaim it should be for every wizard in the spiral.

Your sarcastic tone is starting to wear on many here. Just randomly posting to everything on a forum does not mean you have any good ideas to contribute.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
RottenHeart on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Not really sure the point of a bunch of posts here. Some clarification please. Are some people actually arguing that solo play is incorrect and not how the game should be played?

Earlier Fireproof said:

"...this isnt a solo game"
"...it still wasnt made for solo play"
"...the game wasnt meant for soloing."

I hope i'm not taking these statements out of context, but it appears that Fireproof is saying the game is not supposed to be played in a solo fashion. As a strong authority on the game Fireproof should be listened to.
Hehe.
No by all means play solo, I applaud it. But just dont post that you cannot accomplish it and complain because you know, its soloable.

I really should request KI just pull it offline and sell as a pc game since everyone feels its not really a group game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:

Mr. Coleman stated on his media page that one of the main reasons to make AZ as difficult as it is, was to slow down some of the players that are ramming a wizard through a new world in a matter of a few short days then screaming for more. Not everyone plays the same way and I think KI has taken that into consideraton. If they hadn't, the ability to solo would have been stopped a long time ago and there would not be quests that are strictly solo for pets and spells.

There are also players that have disabilities that will not be able to play at the current difficulty level the game has taken. They also pay to play whether by sub or crowns. They are just as much a part of this community as you or I or anyone else that posts here or any other official site.

You seem to miss the point that some of us are trying to make. Yes, some have completed AZ but they also realize there are players that WILL NOT be able to enjoy the new world because of the boss/mobs being way overpowered and their wizards are outmanned, and just plain "OUTCLASSED"...... The majority of the community has NOT completed nor even reached AZ. A large portion of them won't at this rate.

I am sorry you think everyone should play in a group/team. But that does not work for all and that is STEREOTYPING.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Gunslinger said:

"And nothing needs to be said by KI stating not to solo, KI's actions making these last few worlds the way they have and people getting on the forums asking for a nerf is proof enough for me that its group time. "

Although the OP mentions Azteca, it is not specific to certain worlds. It was posted in the Commons Forum by a level 54 necromancer so its a safe assumption his thoughts and experiences are from first arc worlds (Wizard City -> DragonSpyre).

I must agree with the original poster with essence of his message that battles generally become much easier when performed with a team. And if a player is having a tough time then teaming up is defintely a good idea.

Certain dungeons are definitely more practical with a team. I remember Sunken City, Big Ben, and Malistair all being crazy tough and bringing helping friends is a really good idea.

Its obvious from observing others playing that most operate in a solo fashion, often jumping in with strangers in street battles (multiplayer). Orgaized team efforts usually get employed for tough dungeons. Formal teams for regular quests are typically combersome and un-enjoyable for the party. A party of 4 running around Marleybone is clunky and generally annoying -> especially if only one of the party is getting XP. Its just faster and easier to solo most run-around quests.

Like many (most?) players I solo play 90% of the time. Fighting street mobs with strangers I consider solo because its uncoordinated and unpredictable. Ya, it is multiplayer, whatever you want to call it who cares. Its only dungeons and specific battles where an organized team is practical and we all get reasonable rewards that many of us 'Team Up'.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Northlite on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
To bad it is not as cut and dry as you proclaim it should be for every wizard in the spiral.

Your sarcastic tone is starting to wear on many here. Just randomly posting to everything on a forum does not mean you have any good ideas to contribute.
In my opinion it is brwac.

No sarcasm in that post. But as i am certain this is a public forum for everyone to give their opinions that means i truely dont care who im wearing on.

I dont randomly post but when i see something that catches my eye i give my opinion which the same as you i am entitled to.

back on topic........ Teaming up is the answer to the difficulty curve.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Mr. Coleman stated on his media page that one of the main reasons to make AZ as difficult as it is, was to slow down some of the players that are ramming a wizard through a new world in a matter of a few short days then screaming for more. Not everyone plays the same way and I think KI has taken that into consideraton. If they hadn't, the ability to solo would have been stopped a long time ago and there would not be quests that are strictly solo for pets and spells.

There are also players that have disabilities that will not be able to play at the current difficulty level the game has taken. They also pay to play whether by sub or crowns. They are just as much a part of this community as you or I or anyone else that posts here or any other official site.

You seem to miss the point that some of us are trying to make. Yes, some have completed AZ but they also realize there are players that WILL NOT be able to enjoy the new world because of the boss/mobs being way overpowered and their wizards are outmanned, and just plain "OUTCLASSED"...... The majority of the community has NOT completed nor even reached AZ. A large portion of them won't at this rate.

I am sorry you think everyone should play in a group/team. But that does not work for all and that is STEREOTYPING.
Agreed everyone needs to have fun playing but KI cannot cater to everyone. Thats not a personal decision its a business decision.

Enough is enough of this. Its pretty simple to realize if you want to achieve more or get farther in a Massively Multiplayer Game then you must play Multiplayer. If you dont want to play with a group then dont, But just stop with the whole i deserve thing.

No its not stereotyping its gameplay. If i beat you in checkers should you get 3 kings to start next turn.
If you cant play the game then move on. Ive left games before because it wasnt for me so i suggest find your center and figure it out without ruining it for the rest of the populace. Call it what you will but it is only a video game and i find it amusing that some cannot accept that.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
fireproof1111 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Right some aspects of the game are soloed.
I know alot of people that started playing this game just to craft,garden,train pets,play minis,house.
Wait no i dont they start because its a wizard mmo then they do those things for fun after theyve begun the game thats right.

Let me clarify that " There are parts in wizard101 that you can solo in but the storyline is an MMO"
There we go thats more informative.

I want to address something about all of you that are out there asking for an easy mode, Alot of you are saying "what would it affect to have soloers being able to access the same things that a group can". Well it has been proven that some soloers can right now without a toned down easy mode, But to answer fairly i would like to point out that those that have achieved things in this game earned that.
If you want a real world scenario how about if you asked your boss to make a team job easier instead of you asking for normal help for the job, what do you think your boss would say.
Honestly if you have difficulty in this game ask for help or hire some. Those that achieve in this game deserves to be where their at because they made it whether it was solo or grouped they did it. How would that be fair making it easier for those of you that just dont want to group up.
If you cannot find a group due to scheduling i am sorry for that, If i need a soda at 4am but nothings open i guess im not getting my soda. Or do you think i could ask them to open the store up for me.
I don't really mean to sound offensive but you're only looking at things from your point of view. While you personally and some others may not find the game difficult others do. And many of those others are adults that originally started playing this game to have something to do with their children and grandchildren. My grandkids have now given up playing simply because their mom and stepdad aren't interested. I'm not online at the same time as they are due to my work restrictions so I can't help them. Their account was set up as menu only, which while that does have many phrases that can be used to ask for help, limits them on helpful tips and advice from text chat players that may wish to help them.

As an adult even I find certain aspects of the game difficult. As my best friend ingame lives in another country where there's a 14 hour time difference that does make arranging a suitable time difficult for me. And as an adult there are simply times I cannot afford to spend hours ingame hanging around and hoping someone may come by that could help out. I've requested help on a fan site and it took days for someone to answer. And please don't say that I could hire help. I already pay to play the game. I shouldn't have to pay even more just to be able to complete certain aspects of it. That's not a very realistic view and certainly wasn't taken into account by the game designers.

A lot of things have been changed in Wizards simply because of people complaining that it wasn't enough of a challenge for them. While I respect their opinion people also need to consider that there is just as large of a customer base that find the game difficult and leaning away from the "family friendly" aspect that brought them here in the first place.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Sabrina Stormrunne... on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
I don't really mean to sound offensive but you're only looking at things from your point of view. While you personally and some others may not find the game difficult others do. And many of those others are adults that originally started playing this game to have something to do with their children and grandchildren. My grandkids have now given up playing simply because their mom and stepdad aren't interested. I'm not online at the same time as they are due to my work restrictions so I can't help them. Their account was set up as menu only, which while that does have many phrases that can be used to ask for help, limits them on helpful tips and advice from text chat players that may wish to help them.

As an adult even I find certain aspects of the game difficult. As my best friend ingame lives in another country where there's a 14 hour time difference that does make arranging a suitable time difficult for me. And as an adult there are simply times I cannot afford to spend hours ingame hanging around and hoping someone may come by that could help out. I've requested help on a fan site and it took days for someone to answer. And please don't say that I could hire help. I already pay to play the game. I shouldn't have to pay even more just to be able to complete certain aspects of it. That's not a very realistic view and certainly wasn't taken into account by the game designers.

A lot of things have been changed in Wizards simply because of people complaining that it wasn't enough of a challenge for them. While I respect their opinion people also need to consider that there is just as large of a customer base that find the game difficult and leaning away from the "family friendly" aspect that brought them here in the first place.
Fireproof does go a bit overboard when trying to make points but so do i at times. Hopefully it didnt offend you.
You are correct about people trying to make others see their point of view, But everyone does have a different view of things.

I understand alot of people play this game with their families (i do) and even though my topics get heated in certain directions i would not complain one time if the game got easier,No matter what people think i am a simple casual gamer as well. But i feel the bigger question at hand is if you are in a group playing is it still to difficult? and that is the topic of this thread basically. And i also understand that some peoples schedules dont coordinate well so they have trouble getting a good group, A nice addition to this game would be a group finder option like they have on many other games . So as difficult as the game may seem solo it gets easier with a group.

We are playing an online game and even though it is listed as family friendly its also listed as a multiplayer game.

Games usually cannot stay easy forever they advance so that a player can advance, I seen a post one time that someone asked how fun would it be for a level 90 to fight a rank 1 in WC. It wouldnt be fun at all it would be boring. And super toons would quickly burn through the entire game even faster so KI could not make any money because people would get so bored very quick.

Take care and safe journeys.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I may sound like a broken record already for saying this. But difficulty is relative to efforts done in the game. It doesnt matter how long youve been playing W101 but If you don't even bother to craft, never did gardening, do not have the patience to hatch and train pets, rely too much on crown items, unable to adapt/embrace new strategies, likes to solo but terribly denying the capability to do so and as being pointed in this thread never bothered to get involved in group play. then your chances to succeed decreases as well.The real question everyone should be asking themselves is "Have I really done my part to advance in the game?"

Im a pretty good solo player but even I admit it never hurts teaming up with a group when it is difficult. MMORPGs like this game trumps RPG's because of the capacity to interact with a person whom you can share "lol's" and "dang it" moments with. To deny group play as a possible solution in an obviously multiplayer game is foolhardy. Otherwise, KI cant do anything else about it other than providing henchmens. When my friends are offline, sometimes its hard finding a group, but after four Prometheans and by simply switching realms I managed to find random groups without fail..

Im sure most Prometheans now will admit that AZ was difficult, but regardless of the fun factor one gets from it, the bottomline is it isn't impossible.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Monsoon Jo on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
I may sound like a broken record already for saying this. But difficulty is relative to efforts done in the game. It doesnt matter how long youve been playing W101 but If you don't even bother to craft, never did gardening, do not have the patience to hatch and train pets, rely too much on crown items, unable to adapt/embrace new strategies, likes to solo but terribly denying the capability to do so and as being pointed in this thread never bothered to get involved in group play. then your chances to succeed decreases as well.The real question everyone should be asking themselves is "Have I really done my part to advance in the game?"

Im a pretty good solo player but even I admit it never hurts teaming up with a group when it is difficult. MMORPGs like this game trumps RPG's because of the capacity to interact with a person whom you can share "lol's" and "dang it" moments with. To deny group play as a possible solution in an obviously multiplayer game is foolhardy. Otherwise, KI cant do anything else about it other than providing henchmens. When my friends are offline, sometimes its hard finding a group, but after four Prometheans and by simply switching realms I managed to find random groups without fail..

Im sure most Prometheans now will admit that AZ was difficult, but regardless of the fun factor one gets from it, the bottomline is it isn't impossible.
Well said, And i agree.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Agreed everyone needs to have fun playing but KI cannot cater to everyone. Thats not a personal decision its a business decision.

Enough is enough of this. Its pretty simple to realize if you want to achieve more or get farther in a Massively Multiplayer Game then you must play Multiplayer. If you dont want to play with a group then dont, But just stop with the whole i deserve thing.

No its not stereotyping its gameplay. If i beat you in checkers should you get 3 kings to start next turn.
If you cant play the game then move on. Ive left games before because it wasnt for me so i suggest find your center and figure it out without ruining it for the rest of the populace. Call it what you will but it is only a video game and i find it amusing that some cannot accept that.
So in other words, you are saying that KI should continue to cater to the few that are posting the game is not too difficult?

It is stereotyping when you tell everyone they have to team up in order to survive. Checkers has no comparison to W101 so don't belittle me with that kind of remark.

RottenHeart has the correct mind set: """ Its obvious from observing others playing that most operate in a solo fashion, often jumping in with strangers in street battles (multiplayer). Orgaized team efforts usually get employed for tough dungeons. Formal teams for regular quests are typically combersome and un-enjoyable for the party. A party of 4 running around Marleybone is clunky and generally annoying -> especially if only one of the party is getting XP. Its just faster and easier to solo most run-around quests.

Like many (most?) players I solo play 90% of the time. Fighting street mobs with strangers I consider solo because its uncoordinated and unpredictable. Ya, it is multiplayer, whatever you want to call it who cares. Its only dungeons and specific battles where an organized team is practical and we all get reasonable rewards that many of us 'Team Up'.
"""

There are a lot of other players that came to this game from games such as WoW, Lottro and any number of other "Hardcore" games to get away from the extremes those games go to. Some have already left this game because it is taking a turn they were trying to get away from to begin with.

I found my center when I became a member for this game. As BRWAC stated, the game is not as cut and dried as you would like for everyone to believe.

Constantly reminding us this is a MMO is getting extremely annoying. We knew that when we came to W101.
Constantly belittling others for voicing their opinions is also getting extremely annoying. Yes, you have the right to voice an opinion the same as the rest of us but you do not have the right not to belittle anyone on these boards.

Posting randomly? Actually you have.

You may want to check the following link. It contains the rules for the Code of Conduct on these forums.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/codeofconduct

Mods, please edit as you see fit.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
So in other words, you are saying that KI should continue to cater to the few that are posting the game is not too difficult?

It is stereotyping when you tell everyone they have to team up in order to survive. Checkers has no comparison to W101 so don't belittle me with that kind of remark.

RottenHeart has the correct mind set: """ Its obvious from observing others playing that most operate in a solo fashion, often jumping in with strangers in street battles (multiplayer). Orgaized team efforts usually get employed for tough dungeons. Formal teams for regular quests are typically combersome and un-enjoyable for the party. A party of 4 running around Marleybone is clunky and generally annoying -> especially if only one of the party is getting XP. Its just faster and easier to solo most run-around quests.

"""

There are a lot of other players that came to this game from games such as WoW, Lottro and any number of other "Hardcore" games to get away from the extremes those games go to. Some have already left this game because it is taking a turn they were trying to get away from to begin with.

I found my center when I became a member for this game. As BRWAC stated, the game is not as cut and dried as you would like for everyone to believe.

Constantly reminding us this is a MMO is getting extremely annoying. We knew that when we came to W101.
Constantly belittling others for voicing their opinions is also getting extremely annoying. Yes, you have the right to voice an opinion the same as the rest of us but you do not have the right not to belittle anyone on these boards.

You may want to check the following link. It contains the rules for the Code of Conduct on these forums.

So you think its the few thinking the game is not to difficult. Thats your first mistake with your theory.

Telling people to team up is giving a tip and in no way stereotyping. If i tell an athlete to run on pavement instead of tread mill for benefit am i stereotyping him or the pavement?

Yeah some solo but what happens when you cant solo it then what? Oh lets ask for a nerf.

If you knew this was a MMO when you came then you knew that the game will be played with others involved and then you shoul realize that its a social game and will be played with others. I think thats what group is right "with others". Im not belittling anyone friend im stating my opinions on gameplay and explaining my understanding.

My original posts are on topic thank you.

I read the ToU and dont see why i was supposed to, have you read it lately.

Back on topic though, Quote "Difficulty is a part of the game, team up!" is the topic
and i agree with that perfectly

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Sabrina Stormrunne... on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:

This thread is saying that the game is challenging but while with a team or group the game gets easier and this is 100% true thats all i am saying and the OP is correct.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Fireproof does go a bit overboard when trying to make points but so do i at times. Hopefully it didnt offend you.
You are correct about people trying to make others see their point of view, But everyone does have a different view of things.

I understand alot of people play this game with their families (i do) and even though my topics get heated in certain directions i would not complain one time if the game got easier,No matter what people think i am a simple casual gamer as well. But i feel the bigger question at hand is if you are in a group playing is it still to difficult? and that is the topic of this thread basically. And i also understand that some peoples schedules dont coordinate well so they have trouble getting a good group, A nice addition to this game would be a group finder option like they have on many other games . So as difficult as the game may seem solo it gets easier with a group.

We are playing an online game and even though it is listed as family friendly its also listed as a multiplayer game.

Games usually cannot stay easy forever they advance so that a player can advance, I seen a post one time that someone asked how fun would it be for a level 90 to fight a rank 1 in WC. It wouldnt be fun at all it would be boring. And super toons would quickly burn through the entire game even faster so KI could not make any money because people would get so bored very quick.

Take care and safe journeys.
Speak for yourself. I know i go all gung ho sometimes but some people just cannot see the big picture and gets frustrating, It gets even worse when they think they are right lol.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:

"""

Did you actually just say the few.
KI should cater to everyone but seeing how thats impossible because everyones game stamina and strategy is different what do you propose. Should KI just make the game easier then right, How do you want this done?
What say you golden, Show us the answer. Seems that no one on here has come up with an answer to this question. All i see is complaints and people disagreeing with the complaints.
Do you think they should just make the game more soloable? Because thats what it seems some of you are asking for. Basically if you cant solo the game then its to hard. Even though it is a multiplayer game it still should cater to those that just dont want to group up right?
Well i think your wrong. I think the game is just fine in a group aspect. But thats only my opinion and even though you dont agree with it doesnt mean that i am not one of the many that disagree with you.

And talk about stereotyping seems to me some of you are stereotyping "hardcore players" seeing how you say that phrase enough.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online game

It allows a large number of people to play at the same time over an internet connection. It does not refer to group play and it does not refer to single play. It is a bunch of people running around in real time in the same game or area.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:

It allows a large number of people to play at the same time over an internet connection. It does not refer to group play and it does not refer to single play. It is a bunch of people running around in real time in the same game or area.
Understood.

What happens when you cannot solo a boss or dungeon?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Que, Thank you. I hope that solves that issue.

See you in the Spiral.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Wikipedia definition:

"There are a number of factors shared by most MMOGs that make them different from other types of games. MMOGs create a persistent universe where the game milieu continues regardless of interaction. Since these games emphasize multiplayer gameplay, many have only basic single-player aspects and the artificial intelligence on the server is primarily designed to support group play. As a result, players cannot "finish" MMOGs in the typical sense of single-player games."

Techopedia definition:

"Massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPGs) are one the most popular forms of a MMOG, but the concept goes far beyond a single genre. In addition to RPGs and real-time strategy (RTS) games, the online gameplay has become an essential feature in many first person shooters (FPS), racing games and even fighting games. For many gamers, the ability to compete with players from all over the world in a variety of online-only game modes overshadows the single player mode that many of these games were originally designed around."

Webopedia definition:

"Short for massively multiplayer online role-playing game it is a type of game genre. MMORPGs are online role-playing multiplayer games which allow thousands of gamers to play in the game's evolving virtual world at the same time via the Internet."

There are many different definitions out there, and this very thread even depicts everyone's own thoughts on the term, but I believe the basis is that an opportunity of social activity can occur among many players at the same time. There are several MMOs that don't feature combat at all, but are still intended for players to get together and chat! Uru Online is a MMO with primarily solo activity, but still offers players a place to come together and chat via an avatar (with a couple areas of group required content). Some other games have even been called into question about their MMO label having so many "instances" areas you don't really get an opportunity to interact with other players. Finally, there are games that only feature PvP, so there is no "grouping," only competition among vasts amounts of players.

So I agree with QueQueg's defintion, the opportunity to group doesn't equate to required. However, the company can still design certain content for solo, group or raid effort. Making enough content for all types of players is, to me, the best option. Group content for soloers is usually difficult, solo content for groups isn't challenging.Where do you draw the line?

The term MMO itself isn't exclusive to grouping, the MMO game itself determines that.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The point I'm making (in case it's eluding some), is I keep seeing references to MMO, specifically the multiplayer aspect of it, equaling group play, and that's not what MMO means.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012

Here ya go this ones from a web dictionary;
"MMOGs enable players to cooperate with each other on a large scale, and to interact meaningfully with people around the world for advancement. They include a variety of platform types and representing many video game genres."
Notice how it says cooperate and interact meanfully instead of separately.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
fireproof1111 on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
"MMOGs enable players to cooperate with each other on a large scale, and to interact meaningfully with people around the world for advancement. They include a variety of platform types and representing many video game genres."
But it say "enable" , not force.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Fireproof -> you are missing the point of the thread and the various replies. Everybody reading this fully understands what you are trying to say. Degrading the thread into a discussion of what an mmo is both immature and off topic. Move on.

I vote Fireproof tries for four consequtive posts on the same thread.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
fireproof1111 on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
You might want to read the post Kingurz made in regard to MMO. I think he has given a few difinitions that pretty well sums it up.

Kingurz also stated:
So I agree with QueQueg's defintion, the opportunity to group doesn't equate to required. However, the company can still design certain content for solo, group or raid effort. Making enough content for all types of players is, to me, the best option. Group content for soloers is usually difficult, solo content for groups isn't challenging.Where do you draw the line?

The term MMO itself isn't exclusive to grouping, the MMO game itself determines that.

I also agree with him and Que, It is not required to groupand it should not be. Not every player plays at the same pace someone else does. So please give it a rest and stop telling the community they have to team up in order to survive.