Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parallel Worlds

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think basing the game around more parrallel worlds would be more enjoyable for the majority of players. It would create a larger sense of variety and reduce the daunting linear progression that you discover when you complete DS. It would allow players to choose the worlds players rather visit, and facilitate KI to make creative stories and dungeons that don't need to fit into some master plan.

Some parrallel worlds could be really easy, others crazy tough. Some worlds could have bosses that adjust difficulty level dynamically based on the players engaged. Rewards could be special and unusual items, not just focused on levelling up your wizard. And more spells (identical spells called something different with a new animation) to break the tedium.

The current direction of Wizard101 creating worlds in a linear progression with increasing difficulty simply leaves the kids behind. The target audience gets lost. The orginal draw to the game was the whimsical funny magical world. I believe Wizard City and Krokotopia to be a huge success because it successfuly draws people into the game. The more recent worlds have the opposite effect.

I don't even understand the marketing concept of Avalon and Azteca. You keep some players with the additional content, but these worlds do not attract new members. Expanding the more accessible areas would provide more content for existing members and more importantly attract more members.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
Defender
Jul 26, 2009
RottenHeart on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I think basing the game around more parrallel worlds would be more enjoyable for the majority of players. It would create a larger sense of variety and reduce the daunting linear progression that you discover when you complete DS. It would allow players to choose the worlds players rather visit, and facilitate KI to make creative stories and dungeons that don't need to fit into some master plan.

Some parrallel worlds could be really easy, others crazy tough. Some worlds could have bosses that adjust difficulty level dynamically based on the players engaged. Rewards could be special and unusual items, not just focused on levelling up your wizard. And more spells (identical spells called something different with a new animation) to break the tedium.

The current direction of Wizard101 creating worlds in a linear progression with increasing difficulty simply leaves the kids behind. The target audience gets lost. The orginal draw to the game was the whimsical funny magical world. I believe Wizard City and Krokotopia to be a huge success because it successfuly draws people into the game. The more recent worlds have the opposite effect.

I don't even understand the marketing concept of Avalon and Azteca. You keep some players with the additional content, but these worlds do not attract new members. Expanding the more accessible areas would provide more content for existing members and more importantly attract more members.
That is a very stellar idea, since they indeed lose most the younger population at celestia.not only that, but hard core gamers get their worlds as well.