Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game difficulty perspective from the players

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Wizard city: perfect when I was there. Fun was average, but lots of learning to be done here!
Krokotopia: love the theme. So much fun. perfect when I got there. One flaw, Vault of ice was extremely tedious.
Marleybone: boring, tedious, plain frustrating, it was also difficult.So relieved I got to Mooshu.
Mooshu: never died once here, but anyhow challenging in a fun way.
Dragonspyre: challenging, requires strategy, but EXTREMLEY fun. I love the theme, to. Possibly my favourite world.
Wysteria: REALLY challenging when I got there, but wysteria was fun. Like the theme.
Grizzleheim: boring, tedious, way to easy, dislike the theme, probably never going to go back.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
I prefer to solo and that ends up making the game too difficult. Minions can't keep up in later worlds, so using them isn't really an option. Don't get me wrong, buff minion + myth blade + balance spirit blades + myth trap + balance spirit traps CAN get the job done, but the set up to that is hard to maintain. But I WANT to use minions, I just can't most of the time.

I'm a grown man and still not above crying when I fail a boss fight (LOL!), so the difficulty often makes me wonder whether or not younger kids are having a terrible time with it.

Regardless of all of that "I can't solo, no good minions!" wah wah, and aside from the collecting quests, if I had to pick one aspect of the game that is the key factor in making it too difficult... it would be cheating bosses.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I will have to say that each world at it's appropriate level offers challenges. Once you learn how to handle those challenges the area gets easier. I enjoy it, having to change my play style and/or gear to succeed. Having to come up with strategies, plan my moves ahead in a battle, it's all good.

Now Avalon on Grub Guardian, that's a bit too hard. ;)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Some people apparently think these forums are an adequate representation of the games customers/players. Unfortunately that couldnt be farther from the truth. Venture out some, there are many fan sites that represent vast numbers of KI customers/players. The requirements of this site leaves out a vast number of paying customers/players (ie crown players). The moderated nature of this board drives many of us excellent KI fans away. Frankly, I cannot stand these forums, but to each his (or her) own. But I do love the game, I was going to cancel all my wizard accounts, but kept 1, hoping for the game to get back on track, so im throwing my 2 cents in.

Asking for people on this board to rate the game with the intention of using that information as viable data in a discussion, is ill thought out, as these boards do not represent even near the majority of the customer/player base, and knowingly omits all crown players, which are a large part of the community. Its not so much the question, as the intent... and to take only feedback from this forum as an entire data sample would not be an adqequate or fair.

Regarding difficulty levels. Seems fair, but as I think about it, its already built in.
You can challenge yourself, by setting your own difficulty level... change to different, gear, limit your deck, etc. IMO Its those not willing to help themselves, and asking for KI to make their challenge for them, that are asking too much. KI has quite a task at balancing the game for everyone. Understand if they had difficulty settings on dungeons, you'd probably have just as many clicking "EASY" as there would be clicking "MEGA HARD", there is a large variance of players in this game.

Want a challenge? I challenge all those requiring a "challenge" to take steps to MAKE the game a challenge to them, and not try to make the game harder for others simply because they dont want to accept such a challenge.

IMO, Azteca needs to be toned down.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Magus Zeppers on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Some people apparently think these forums are an adequate representation of the games customers/players. Unfortunately that couldnt be farther from the truth. Venture out some, there are many fan sites that represent vast numbers of KI customers/players. The requirements of this site leaves out a vast number of paying customers/players (ie crown players). The moderated nature of this board drives many of us excellent KI fans away. Frankly, I cannot stand these forums, but to each his (or her) own. But I do love the game, I was going to cancel all my wizard accounts, but kept 1, hoping for the game to get back on track, so im throwing my 2 cents in.

Asking for people on this board to rate the game with the intention of using that information as viable data in a discussion, is ill thought out, as these boards do not represent even near the majority of the customer/player base, and knowingly omits all crown players, which are a large part of the community. Its not so much the question, as the intent... and to take only feedback from this forum as an entire data sample would not be an adqequate or fair.

Regarding difficulty levels. Seems fair, but as I think about it, its already built in.
You can challenge yourself, by setting your own difficulty level... change to different, gear, limit your deck, etc. IMO Its those not willing to help themselves, and asking for KI to make their challenge for them, that are asking too much. KI has quite a task at balancing the game for everyone. Understand if they had difficulty settings on dungeons, you'd probably have just as many clicking "EASY" as there would be clicking "MEGA HARD", there is a large variance of players in this game.

Want a challenge? I challenge all those requiring a "challenge" to take steps to MAKE the game a challenge to them, and not try to make the game harder for others simply because they dont want to accept such a challenge.

IMO, Azteca needs to be toned down.
Dont worry ox i have postings on other sites also including central. I will be compiling all them together when i send email to KI. So please understand this forum is needed as well as the others.

I think the problem is people asking for a nerf not people asking for more difficulty.

And i agree people can make it as difficult as they want to.

You also as everyone else has the right to an opinion. So i shall put you down as what? to difficult or difficult but playable.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Oops, forgot to pick a number.

Solo play
Up until zafaria it is #3.
Avalon and Azteca #2.

Group play
Up until zafaria is 3 to 4.
Avalon and azteca 3.

While questing in groups, I find it almost impossible to die after dragonspyre hence the rating. Many players are still learning the game and how to play in a group in the earlier worlds, so dying tends to be a lot more common than in the later game.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Wizard City-Easy but playable
Krokotopia- Easy
Marleybone- Just Right
Mooshu- Difficult but playable
Dragonspyre- Just Right
Celestia-Difficult but playable
Zafaria- Just Right
Wysteria- Easy
Grizzleheim-Easy but playable

Those are the only worlds I am going to do because I have never been to Wintertusk, Avalon, or Azteca.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
whenever i get to a level to get a school quest it never lets me get the quest how do i get them