Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank You, Wizard 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Thank you ever so much for helping me in the questlne regarding Dun Dura. I even have my Woolly Mammoth pet and have been playing with him today, and he has been assisting me in Avalon since Miss Greyrose had sent me to Grizzleheim via the Mayor of Marleybone.

I have one other question which might happen randomly. Is there a special trick to getting Duke Morgan (my woolly mammoth) to randomly heal with sprites?

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 78, in the Outer Yard seeking to punish Horned Brockets working for the Pendragon possessed Artorius.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
You must first have a pet that can use spritely, You can see on some web pages what pet talents a pet has like wizard101 central . After you have a pet that is able to get the spritely talent you must train them at the pet pavillion to try an attain the sprite talent.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
You must first have a pet that can use spritely, You can see on some web pages what pet talents a pet has like wizard101 central . After you have a pet that is able to get the spritely talent you must train them at the pet pavillion to try an attain the sprite talent.
Thank you for that. I see several people around me have the talented pet, and even checked the list of pets, and mine are there, I must be using the wrong area of the dance game, since I use Mooshu more than Wizard City anymore.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 79 i Lake Shore, Avalon

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Thank you ever so much for helping me in the questlne regarding Dun Dura. I even have my Woolly Mammoth pet and have been playing with him today, and he has been assisting me in Avalon since Miss Greyrose had sent me to Grizzleheim via the Mayor of Marleybone.

I have one other question which might happen randomly. Is there a special trick to getting Duke Morgan (my woolly mammoth) to randomly heal with sprites?

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 78, in the Outer Yard seeking to punish Horned Brockets working for the Pendragon possessed Artorius.
The mammoth does not have spritely capabilities as a 1st generation pet.
This will show you possible talents: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Mammoth

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
RavenLady777 on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
The mammoth does not have spritely capabilities as a 1st generation pet.
This will show you possible talents: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Mammoth
Thank you again, Raven.

If you are anywhere near Deepwater and feel the desire to help a wizard defeat The Drowned Knight, to retrieve the first of two pieces to repair the broken teleporter in Deepwater, Avalon; please do. I can use all the help I can get when the battle starts with The Drowned Knight, and I am unable to get my Ice Guardian on the field.

Which reminds me, why hasn't KI considered raising the levels of class minions in the game. I know Ice and Life wizards have one minion to help in the game, while Myth has a minimum of four. The leveling up of minions would be a great addition to the game.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 79 Ice Wizard, in Deepwater, Avalon

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Thank you again, Raven.

If you are anywhere near Deepwater and feel the desire to help a wizard defeat The Drowned Knight, to retrieve the first of two pieces to repair the broken teleporter in Deepwater, Avalon; please do. I can use all the help I can get when the battle starts with The Drowned Knight, and I am unable to get my Ice Guardian on the field.

Which reminds me, why hasn't KI considered raising the levels of class minions in the game. I know Ice and Life wizards have one minion to help in the game, while Myth has a minimum of four. The leveling up of minions would be a great addition to the game.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 79 Ice Wizard, in Deepwater, Avalon
I believe Talos is the best minion in game at the time. All schools get a minion. Death has a minion that goes by the pips you have when you cast him and it can be quite powerful.

It would be nice if minions were able to level up with you in the game making them more useful as you move though the Spiral. My only gripe is the better the minion the more pips you have to waste to put him out there.

I think the problem may be that if minions where actually a help for the entire game they would put Henchmen out of a job

I have been experimenting with my Storm minion in DS and you do need to put him out from the start for it to be effective. He did taunt and he did 2 spritelys to himself but the monsters hit him 3 times and he melted into the ground.

The problem with minions is they have a mind of their own and you can't stop their bad moves unless you sacrifice them before they do it. On my Myth I actually used my minions since they seemed helpful. The Cyclops one seemed to be the most handy. On my Ice I actually have bladed and trapped for my minion because he throws bats and shark.

Mary

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Northlite on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
I believe Talos is the best minion in game at the time. All schools get a minion. Death has a minion that goes by the pips you have when you cast him and it can be quite powerful.

It would be nice if minions were able to level up with you in the game making them more useful as you move though the Spiral. My only gripe is the better the minion the more pips you have to waste to put him out there.

I think the problem may be that if minions where actually a help for the entire game they would put Henchmen out of a job

I have been experimenting with my Storm minion in DS and you do need to put him out from the start for it to be effective. He did taunt and he did 2 spritelys to himself but the monsters hit him 3 times and he melted into the ground.

The problem with minions is they have a mind of their own and you can't stop their bad moves unless you sacrifice them before they do it. On my Myth I actually used my minions since they seemed helpful. The Cyclops one seemed to be the most handy. On my Ice I actually have bladed and trapped for my minion because he throws bats and shark.

Mary
Thanks Mary. I have played Pirate101 a little, and in that game you can level up your companions, which I think is awesome.

Cody Soulsword , my Storm brother, hates using his minion because it isn't as great as the rest of our bands' minions. He will rarely use his minion (but only when it seems like he is tired of being a "red-headed stepchild" that the enemies love to pummel), so he can heal when he is in the heat of battling in Celestia.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 80) in the Night Garden

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
The "Woolly Mammoth" pet has a pedigree of 54 when it is hatched from an egg, so there is no way to get it to heal with sprites unless you hatch him with a pet that has it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
{o,o}
?-?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
sammyy12 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
The "Woolly Mammoth" pet has a pedigree of 54 when it is hatched from an egg, so there is no way to get it to heal with sprites unless you hatch him with a pet that has it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
{o,o}
?-?
Pedigree does not determine if a pet can cast spritely.

The 1st generation woolly mammoth pet does not have spritely as a possible talent, which is the reason it will not manifest. It has nothing to do with pedigree.

Hannah Lifebringer level 80 Life

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
sammyy12 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:

{o,o}
?-?
Thanks Sammy, none of my brothers have a pet with the Sprite heal, including Dane Dawnwalker (Level 55 Life in Wintertusk), and was wondering if it was just me. Most people I battle with have the ability and was wondering if there was a special trick.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 80) helping two friends in the Outer Yard