Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

trying to get to get past private

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I had the rank of corpral after 5 matches, now i seem to be getting matched up against captians and commanders my record is 10-14, how can i get a better ranking while being pitted agianst commanders and captians? I dont take it too seriously I just want one of the arena items...any suggestions?...I do take dueling seriuosly just dont care about getting warlord or anything. my level is 37. my school is life

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
to get a better rank you have to take it seriously or just be very lucky. if you want some tips please list the following.)

1. level

2. school

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Saffron the Epic on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
I had the rank of corpral after 5 matches, now i seem to be getting matched up against captians and commanders my record is 10-14, how can i get a better ranking while being pitted agianst commanders and captians? I dont take it too seriously I just want one of the arena items...any suggestions?...I do take dueling seriuosly just dont care about getting warlord or anything. my level is 37. my school is life
well i just ment i dont care about being a warlord or anything, my school is life and my lvl is 37. Ive tried doing teams, but get teamed up with other privates against warlords,knights, and so forth.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Dont worry, I'm a private and I'll never get higher. :)

Survivor
Sep 28, 2011
i have a lvl 73 fire with 229 critical and some block and i am a private and i always wanted to be warlord is there any tips for me because everytime i fight i lose and i dont know any tips

my school is fire and life i have a life mastery and a pet that masy cast sprite i have the warter works gear but i wear diffreint cloothes for more critical please give me some tips on surviving in pvp

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
well i just ment i dont care about being a warlord or anything, my school is life and my lvl is 37. Ive tried doing teams, but get teamed up with other privates against warlords,knights, and so forth.
hmm if all you want is arena tickets to purchase some equipment try just going into battle with no deck equiped the battle will end after 1 round you will gain only a few arena tickets, but enventually you will have enough or try the pet derby it is a lot easier and a lot more fun and you will gain arena tickets.

truly yours,

Sinthar

Survivor
Sep 28, 2011
ok ty but i really want a high rank as well soo how should i do it? cause i am not good in pvp and need a good deck layout my too schools are fire and life

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I have the arena Item I wanted but I have to be a corp. to equip it. does anyone want to team up for a few battles. my record is 12 and 21. its not like im not trying.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
My name is Katherine DeathHunter, Rank 15 Necromancer. I suck at PvP. I always get picked again Warlords that are Diviners (have i mentioned i suck at PvP?) and i always loose. I live by a very famous policy (Monkey see, monkey do) and it has never failed to allow me to gain. if i were a Diviner, i would use the wins and failures by other Diviners and learn to become a warlord myself. However, this is not the case, so i am stuck with being Katherine DeathHunter, Rank 15 Necromancer. Any advice?

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Hey,

I've come out on top through some near impossible circumstances. Aka. my level 8 vs. a level 48 ice. I won. I've had multiple warlords in everything from death to storm.

Now, what I am going to tell you is not my deck set up or whatever because it just doesn't work that way. I want to explain how I develope skill in EVERYTHING: classical piano to short track speed skating. Talent is the direct result of noticing your mistakes, then making it habit to do it right. I might go into a pvp match and try defending myself better since I was 1-hitted the last match. Then after that match I will ask myself how I could have done better, go right back in pvp and fix it. Practice should be broken into segments where you evaluate your results from the last segment and fix errors.

That is only one side of skill however: how you learn to do something. You also need to know what you're supposed to learn anyway. This is where imitation comes in. Youtube and the internet in general is going to be your friend here. Watch powerful duelist, and read whatever you can. Then, make observations on what exactly they're doing. I want faster algebra? I'll take a look at the top student.

I don't know if this is any help, but hopefully you can make something of it. Always remember: when it doesn't work, try something else! Aka. when some of my advice doesn't apply to you, find something that actually works lol

Valkoor Stormrunner + waaay to many other wizards so just forget the plus if you will

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Spooks 99 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
hmm if all you want is arena tickets to purchase some equipment try just going into battle with no deck equiped the battle will end after 1 round you will gain only a few arena tickets, but enventually you will have enough or try the pet derby it is a lot easier and a lot more fun and you will gain arena tickets.

truly yours,

Sinthar
He needed the tickets to get something and he can't probably get what he wants if he ranks down.