Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unobtainable reagents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Personally, I think, that amber dust and merle's whisker should be buyable and sellable at the bazaar. They give us a quest to become a crafter. I become a grandmaster crafter. Then, they make the spell I'm crafting impossible to make because the ingredients you need are either dropped by a plants final harvest, very rare, or a boss, also, very rare.
It shouldn't take a year to craft a single spell!

Defender
May 24, 2012
All the reagents may not be laying around somewhere. If you notice as you play, when you pick up some items, say Mistwood, you also get acorns. Not always, but that's where some of the more obscure reagents come from. Sometimes it's tedious to always stop and pick up items when you already of a shared bank full of them but it's a good idea. You never know what you're gonna get.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
frankyf64 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Personally, I think, that amber dust and merle's whisker should be buyable and sellable at the bazaar. They give us a quest to become a crafter. I become a grandmaster crafter. Then, they make the spell I'm crafting impossible to make because the ingredients you need are either dropped by a plants final harvest, very rare, or a boss, also, very rare.
It shouldn't take a year to craft a single spell!
They're not impossible to get, but they do require effort~ if the spells were that easy to craft, everyone would have them and they wouldn't be special anymore.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My take on the game - Before Celestia:

It used to be you where respected for being a level 50 wizard. Now you are called a noob.

It used to be that the game was all about making friends and questing your wizard though the worlds of the Spiral. Now it's about how much stuff you can buy, spend time on and show off to everyone else, I call it the have's and have nots. Apparently we need to know who has the time and money to invest in the game.

It used to be fine when anyone ported to you to join in your battle. Now winning is so important to many that it rubs them totally the wrong way and they want to rage quit over it.

It used to be more people helped each other. Now more people are more inclined to only want to use you.

It used to be the game was focused around the current membership base. Now it is geared toward the new player who doesn't know how it could be compared to how difficult it has become.

In the end it is the longer time members who have the most problems with the way the game has evolved. I used to use it as my stress reliever - now - not so much. I have learned that the first half of the game is made for my speed of game play and the second half is not so I don't really have to do that - my wizard can get to level 60 and retire and I can make a new one to start over again.

The now retired:
Mary StarGem - lvl 80
"Savior of the Spiral"

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Dr Von on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
They're not impossible to get, but they do require effort~ if the spells were that easy to craft, everyone would have them and they wouldn't be special anymore.
I'm more than willing to put in the effort. I've camped in the bazaar on numerous occasions to get a reagent I need for one thing or another. It's just disheartening when you final harvest crop after crop and don't get an amber drop.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I know this may sound obnoxious but for the record you need to be Legendary Artisan to craft a spell