Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Um...hall monitors giving themselves away???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
I was in the dye shop the other day to see the wcp in there. I heard someone say and i quote "who is the hall monitor?" and i heard a wcp member say and i quote "oh, this person is a hall monitor." I was really confused because i thought that they were suppose to be anonymous. Should the hall monitor have their duties taken away? or should the member of the wcp be reported?

Administrator
Please read about Hall Monitors here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/august2012#hm

"This group of players will operate anonymously and anyone claiming to be a Hall Monitor is certainly not one at all.

Hall Monitors are not to be confused with other player initiated reporting groups and the basic reporting function will still be available to our current Members and players who have made a purchase of Crowns in the last 30 days. We will continue to be diligent to keep the Spiral a clean and safe place for all our young Wizards."

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lollypophop123 on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I was in the dye shop the other day to see the wcp in there. I heard someone say and i quote "who is the hall monitor?" and i heard a wcp member say and i quote "oh, this person is a hall monitor." I was really confused because i thought that they were suppose to be anonymous. Should the hall monitor have their duties taken away? or should the member of the wcp be reported?
If it was indeed a WCP you most likely heard the name Darla. Darla is the shopkeeper in the Dye Shop. It is a joke I started to divert people from actively trying to out an HM in the Dye Shop.

Nobody except the HM's know who they are.

Megan

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lollypophop123 on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I'm curious~ how would you know whether or not someone is a WCP?

Unless that person publicly identifies him/herself as such (and even then) you shouldn't be assuming... The WCP are not KI staff, but we fully support the hall monitor program~ given the abuse we take from players ourselves, no legit WCP member would ever out someone as a hall monitor. And, if one of my friends ever did, I'd report him/her anyway~ friend or not, we players have a responsibility to ourselves, each other, and KI, to follow the rules and keep the Spiral safe.

I'm still convinced that Darla Whisperwind is the hall monitor (LOL)... the stuff that woman puts up with on some nights, I tell ya! With all the eyeball-melting smut that's flung around that place, I'd have gone blind by now!

-veebz
WCP, archmage(s) of awesomeness, bad fan-fic writer, Malistaire minion, lover of cheese.