Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help getting diamonds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Hey, all! I already know about the transmute diamond card, I own it. However, I'm having a really hard time collecting all the ore I need- I checked Dragonspyre, Mooshu, and many other places, and it takes so much to make just one diamond.

As a result, I'm having trouble completing this quest (the DS crafting quest) and I'd love to know if there's any pointers that you guys have. The bazaar isn't the best place to look, and even through rare drops and transmuting, I only have about two diamonds.

Any help, suggestions, or ideas that could possibly help me get this done faster? I've heard of farming for diamonds, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go or not. Thanks!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Your best bet is the Athenum. There is often 3 deposits of ore located there. You also mentioned the other strategies of looking in the Bazaar and transmuting them. It will take some time, but you can do it. Crafting is supposed to take a little time, but it will be worth it. You can change realms every minute too while you are in the Athenum. I do not recommend Farming a boss/monster for them. As it only has a small chance of dropping and would take longer unless you have a high level wizard that can just spawn kill everything. Again though, I think your current strategies are the best available at the moment. That's how I did it on my characters. Good luck!

As my mentor says:

"with patience, victory is assured" -

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best way to gather reagents is to find an area where they naturally spawn in several places and then sweep that area; change realms, sweep; rinse and repeat. It will take up to an hour to cover every realm but you can gather a lot of ore for transmuting during that hour, plus usually you'll score a couple of diamonds.

Everyone goes to the Athenum, so I do not go there. Instead, there's plenty of ore in the Krokotopia pyramid. Check all along the hallways and especially around boss rooms for ore, mushrooms, stone blocks, etc. Ravenscar and Vigrid Roughland are two other great areas of Grizzleheim for finding ore.

Open every chest & Silver Chest you find - often they have reagents as well as gold & treasure cards in the higher worlds.

Even if you aren't into gardening, I strongly encourage you to grow Fickle Pickles and Pink Dandelions. The Pink Dandelions drop in Krokotopia (from mander mob fights) fairly often and will provide red blood moss (which you're going to be needing a lot of very soon!), black pearls, springs, lava lilies, and so on. The Pink Dandelions self seed at elder harvest. The Fickle Pickles can be bought in Wizard City from the gardener by the Golem Tower. They're a little harder to grow but well worth it. Fickle Pickles drop diamonds, fossils, aether and sunstones as reagents. You're going to be needing all of these for future crafting. Just buy a couple of pickle seeds to start - they will reproduce like crazy and soon you won't know what to do with them all!

If you get an Evil Magma Peas dropped, definitely grow those! They're fantastic for reagents and mega pet snacks.

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven
Level 110

Survivor
Oct 10, 2013
You can also buy them at the Bazaar. Sadly, it's very hard to buy them there because many people get it before you. You just have to be quick. I used the strategy of checking the Bazaar then checking Dragonspyre and so on.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
You're going to be spending lots of gold if you go buy your reagents at the Bazaar.

Best bet for ore is running from the Basilica to the Atheneum, getting the lava lilies and stone blocks on the way as well. This is also better done during late night hours when there aren't too many reagent gatherers around.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks to everyone who responded! I've gotten pretty far with crafting, as I'm now on my Eagle War Shield quest. Your recommendations helped, and if I need more diamonds again, I'll surely know where to go now. Thanks a bunch!