Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI Please fix Medusa in 1V1 PVP

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I had a match with a myth wizard in pvp. He used Medusa, which gives only one stun shield with a stun in 1v1. Then he cast stun, breaking the stun shield. Then he did it again.

I was unable to do anything for five turns because he went first.

If that is fair play I don't understand it.

Medusa in 1v1 should give two stun shields. Please fix this.

thanks.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
This has happened to me once before a while back, which is why I stock plenty of stun blocks now. Has yet to happen to me again.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
true enough.

Maybe by your reasoning stun spells should place NO stun shield when they hit.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm not really sure how you came to that conclusion from me suggesting how you can counter being hit by medusa twice(or at all for that matter).

Either end of the spectrum in my opinion is not a good idea (that is adding an additional stun block shield or leaving no stun block shield after medusa hits).

The medusa spell single-handedly made people start stocking extra stun blocks and/or convictions. Jump on the staying unstunned bandwagon!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
ChicoValerian on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
I had a match with a myth wizard in pvp. He used Medusa, which gives only one stun shield with a stun in 1v1. Then he cast stun, breaking the stun shield. Then he did it again.

thanks.
Well, sorry to hear that my friend, but overtime you face someone in a ranked 1v1 match, YOU need to think about what he can do and what he can not do. If he is a myth, it is pretty obvious that he will stun you at some point if you do not stun block first round or so . That's the challenging thing about 1v1 in this game. You need to be a good at predicting, and DO NOT let your opponent build so much pips. Double medusa? He must have built a LOT of pips mate..

So just pay attention to your opponent's pips and keep trying out new strategies .

Good luck mate.

~Samuel

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
As a myth, I think keeping the one stun shield is fine. There are many cheap strategies out there and linking medusas is actually very obvious and easy to counter. The moment you put on one piece of stun protection, that strategy is gone. Even then, for the myth they need a very good hand and pretty much full pips.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
@ChicoValerian the simple truth is, kingsisle doesn't need to waste their time trying to fix something that was never broken, you say
its broken, i say you're just bad, i'm not TRYING to insult you, but its the truth, simply all you have to do, is stun block, and if you don't
have the actual spell, there are stun block tc in the bazaar, if you're that afraid of medusa, whenever you think it's necessary,
put stun block up first card, i have never used medusa in my life,for pvp, so, i do not have bias in my opinion, still, medusa has an endless
amount of weaknesses in pvp, and honestly, if i were a myth, or have myth mastery, i would never use it, it is too unreliable,
other than it's two stuns it gives, it is very easy to counter, so to me, your complain is silly, lol sorry.
OverlordKnightKnight

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
wizmaster985 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
@ChicoValerian the simple truth is, kingsisle doesn't need to waste their time trying to fix something that was never broken, you say
its broken, i say you're just bad, i'm not TRYING to insult you, but its the truth, simply all you have to do, is stun block, and if you don't
have the actual spell, there are stun block tc in the bazaar, if you're that afraid of medusa, whenever you think it's necessary,
put stun block up first card, i have never used medusa in my life,for pvp, so, i do not have bias in my opinion, still, medusa has an endless
amount of weaknesses in pvp, and honestly, if i were a myth, or have myth mastery, i would never use it, it is too unreliable,
other than it's two stuns it gives, it is very easy to counter, so to me, your complain is silly, lol sorry.
OverlordKnightKnight
I agree with everything you say except for the medusa being useless, there are more stun careless people out there that you think, me being one of them.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
ChicoValerian on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:

thanks.
Medusa "as one Stun Shield" 1v1 "allow 1 stun shield" beside most people carry stun block so, they have 3 anyways and gear would be ware of glendemming gear for hat, robes, boots "because have stun resist" they are warlord above level 50 "they have stun resist" stun resist not of big duel "won't stun resist all the time" even get one lucky stun resist block "won't stun next one"

I hate darkmoor since when make darkmoor nerf "allot more harder to stun resist even with against conviction "able still stun threw conviction" all most these ice most in darkmoor in gravyyard "seem like now have stun pierce "

what said about stun pierce what meant to say: look like armor pierce stun immune!

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Medusa is easily counterable. Any shield such as a tower shield takes out most of its damage. Almost everyone carries stun shields. Medusa is not a problem.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
KI gave out the easiest ways to counter Medusa which you can also get as TC. It seems to me people just don't wanna use the spells given to them to counter these spells like Medusa. As above person said, There is nothing wrong with Medusa doing a 2 round stun when there is conviction, stun block and even stun resist. You can easily get stun block trained maybe conviction too OR get them as tc and use them when you fight a Myth wizard or anyone else you think can stun you. Simple.

Or can try make a thread to ask KI to not allow lower lvls from maybe 50 and under to be able to use the medusa TC till they are that lvl i guess.