Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resetting Ranks Manually?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
What do you think of this??

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could reset our own ranks ONE time (using crowns)?
Just like getting our training points back.

Idk if this is a good idea; I just wanna see what you guys think of it.

Good idea or bad idea? Resetting your own PvP rank (or Pet Derby Rank) once per Wizard.

We all know that Practice PvP is not the same as Ranked PvP, and it is a lot easier so I wouldn't consider it a real practice anyway.... So practicing in the actual battlefield (Ranked) would be more useful, hence we could reset our ranks after practicing..

What do you think?

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
they should just remove ranks all together. I don't know why they need ranks like warlord you can just look at the rating and Warlord gear should be ELIMINATED.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
DevinSkullStone on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
they should just remove ranks all together. I don't know why they need ranks like warlord you can just look at the rating and Warlord gear should be ELIMINATED.
What's your reasoning behind this? If Warlord gear is eliminated, we won't be able to block against higher level crit spammers unless we get some trashy average level50 gear... It's not enough. And we have very hard matches, so I think Warlord gear is perfectly fair to keep... Don't be self-absorbed.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
LifeyLeafy on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
What's your reasoning behind this? If Warlord gear is eliminated, we won't be able to block against higher level crit spammers unless we get some trashy average level50 gear... It's not enough. And we have very hard matches, so I think Warlord gear is perfectly fair to keep... Don't be self-absorbed.
im NOT being self-absorbed it is still unfair. Lvl 50 warlords going up against lvl 60-80 pvp people maybe above is still unfair.

While you warlords go on with your pvp against higher lvls, you can easily crit too because you don't have a penalty. You are a lvl 50 because you don't want the critical penalty, which can make you crit more than the higher lvl your fighting against. Also, you guys have lvl 90 stat gear. I sometimes defeat warlords because I have pure skill. And, you guys would be able to fight against your own lvls because pvpers would be coming back saying

having a hard time private: OMG YES its not unfair anymore! I will join back as a lvl 50 and go up against the warlords!

And, you guys have NO penalty on critical block, another reason why your lvl 50 because after 51 you get a penalty.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
DevinSkullStone on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
im NOT being self-absorbed it is still unfair. Lvl 50 warlords going up against lvl 60-80 pvp people maybe above is still unfair.

While you warlords go on with your pvp against higher lvls, you can easily crit too because you don't have a penalty. You are a lvl 50 because you don't want the critical penalty, which can make you crit more than the higher lvl your fighting against. Also, you guys have lvl 90 stat gear. I sometimes defeat warlords because I have pure skill. And, you guys would be able to fight against your own lvls because pvpers would be coming back saying

having a hard time private: OMG YES its not unfair anymore! I will join back as a lvl 50 and go up against the warlords!

And, you guys have NO penalty on critical block, another reason why your lvl 50 because after 51 you get a penalty.
Um, yes you are being self-absorbed. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean you have to penalize a whole group of PvP players who have worked to get up that rank ladder.

"While you warlords go on with your pvp against higher lvls, you can easily crit too because you don't have a penalty."

I can't believe you just said that... You probably have never done level 50 PvP as an overlord, rank 1.8k-3k. That's where the matches are hard, and that's when you start facing higher levels with an absurdly high chance of critting and landing. We do have a huge penalty, which started after KI (because they're geniuses /sarcasm) updated the Crit system, and ever since that happened, I rarely see a grandmaster overlord block a crit.

"You are a level 50 because you don't want the critical penalty." Wait, what? So you're saying that I leveled to 50 in order to avoid a critical penalty??? Oh dear lord, help me. The level 50's are the ones who have the biggest critical penalty in the freaking game, not to mention the ones that are really high up in the leaderboards - those are the ones who have an ever harder time winning. They have a tremendous skill, and that's what PvP is supposed to be all about, but the lack of blocking Crits eradicates that!

"You guys have NO penalty on critical block" --- Yes we do. We do now more than ever before in PvP.

"You guys have level90 stat gear" - No. We do not. We have level 50 PvP gear. That's why KI removes our mana when we wear it - so we don't use it elsewhere. PvP and PvE are two different areas of the game. Level 90 PvP gear is far greater than Level 50 PvP gear. Don't confuse PvE (Player vs Enemy) with PvP (Player vs Player).

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
LifeyLeafy on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Um, yes you are being self-absorbed. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean you have to penalize a whole group of PvP players who have worked to get up that rank ladder.

"While you warlords go on with your pvp against higher lvls, you can easily crit too because you don't have a penalty."

I can't believe you just said that... You probably have never done level 50 PvP as an overlord, rank 1.8k-3k. That's where the matches are hard, and that's when you start facing higher levels with an absurdly high chance of critting and landing. We do have a huge penalty, which started after KI (because they're geniuses /sarcasm) updated the Crit system, and ever since that happened, I rarely see a grandmaster overlord block a crit.

"You are a level 50 because you don't want the critical penalty." Wait, what? So you're saying that I leveled to 50 in order to avoid a critical penalty??? Oh dear lord, help me. The level 50's are the ones who have the biggest critical penalty in the freaking game, not to mention the ones that are really high up in the leaderboards - those are the ones who have an ever harder time winning. They have a tremendous skill, and that's what PvP is supposed to be all about, but the lack of blocking Crits eradicates that!

"You guys have NO penalty on critical block" --- Yes we do. We do now more than ever before in PvP.

"You guys have level90 stat gear" - No. We do not. We have level 50 PvP gear. That's why KI removes our mana when we wear it - so we don't use it elsewhere. PvP and PvE are two different areas of the game. Level 90 PvP gear is far greater than Level 50 PvP gear. Don't confuse PvE (Player vs Enemy) with PvP (Player vs Player).
what im also worried about is when people have that warlord gear on it overpowers them. This is the cycle

someone goes onto pvp ---> goes to warlord ---> lvl 50 ---> go to high lvl dungeons to lvl up ---> go to lvl 60-80 ---> then goes rank down with warlord gear on. When captain, with warlord gear on they obliterate.

Still while i forgot the new critical thing, on the 6th paragraph, thats why lvl 60+ dont go up against lvl 50 warlords. 5th was a mistake. 4th, the critical and block chance are still good, 3rd paragraph I guess they just need more better critical block rating? I get paired up with lvl 50 warlords for some reason. 2nd is kinda true. 1st paragraph I still don't care about the self-absorbed thing.

When you first posted the forum I wasn't really looking for a fight honestly, just mad that when im lvl 75 i get up against lvl 50 warlords that have better stats than us, the amount of resistance that warlord lvl 50s have on their gear makes up for the critical anyways. Like you said on the topic forum, you said you wanted to see what we thought about it thats what i thought about it anyways. Thats exactly what i think. Warlords should have lowered resistance but higher critical block a little, because the damage is still fair too, or else lvl 60-70's would stand no chance against warlords lvl 50 anyways

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
what im also worried about is when people have that warlord gear on it overpowers them. This is the cycle

someone goes onto pvp ---> goes to warlord ---> lvl 50 ---> go to high lvl dungeons to lvl up ---> go to lvl 60-80 ---> then goes rank down with warlord gear on. When captain, with warlord gear on they obliterate.

Still while i forgot the new critical thing, on the 6th paragraph, thats why lvl 60+ dont go up against lvl 50 warlords. 5th was a mistake. 4th, the critical and block chance are still good, 3rd paragraph I guess they just need more better critical block rating? I get paired up with lvl 50 warlords for some reason. 2nd is kinda true. 1st paragraph I still don't care about the self-absorbed thing.

When you first posted the forum I wasn't really looking for a fight honestly, just mad that when im lvl 75 i get up against lvl 50 warlords that have better stats than us, the amount of resistance that warlord lvl 50s have on their gear makes up for the critical anyways. Like you said on the topic forum, you said you wanted to see what we thought about it thats what i thought about it anyways. Thats exactly what i think. Warlords should have lowered resistance but higher critical block a little, because the damage is still fair too, or else lvl 60-70's would stand no chance against warlords lvl 50 anyways
and believe me lvl 50 warlords can block AND crit as frequently as us lvl 60-80 privates, when its already unfair.