Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school improvement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2012
What i'm referring to here is adding on something to max level wizards called specialization. As we all know each school specializes in some regard ice=health/resist, storm=damage/critical, fire=damage/massive dots, balance=most amount of range from wards/blades, death=return health from allot of spells, life=best at healing, and finally the school that made me start this topic myth=most amount of minion spells. Specializations would increase these things that each is special for, life would get like a 50% bonus to healing death gets an extra 50% return to all of its life steal spells and myths minion spells fill all empty spots on the field instead of summoning just one. However specializations do not work in pvp so all of their effects would be non pvp just like the new minion spells.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
That would be pretty cool. I won't comment on the "power" you've suggested for each one. Game balancing is someone else's forte haha. But I do like the idea of it. Although I'd like to see myth get something else. Minions haven't been useful since... well ever basically, but they were at least usable in the first arc if you really wanted to. After that I feel the enemies are just too powerful and the minions so weak (low health, no crit, no block, and weird spell choices at best) to make them worth spending pips on.

I guess having more than 1 out at a time would be cool, but they still wouldn't last long with all the critical AOE's being cast by enemies. I'd rather still see one minion out at a time, but get a really nice buff to all the minons. At least more health and a nice hefty block rate, maybe some resist etc.They need stats that make them viable in the second arc and beyond. I'd also like to see a an offensive minion for myth who buffs for and casts non myth damage spells exlusively. The times when I've felt it would be most useful to have some extra power in a battle as myth are usually when I'm fighting a myth enemy. I never want to summon a minion though because their attacks will never do as much as mine and they'll spend the whoe time doing probably double digits worth of damage due to the resist as I don't think any minion knows the prism spell every few rounds (useless) while I try to avoid letting them waste my prisms. OR at least a minion that is 100% support and does not know any attack spells so I can just get some healing on occasion and some buffs and such without having to worry about them randomly deciding to cast blood bat or cyclops or something else usless.

So yeah, I feel like if they don't want to do somethig major to revamp minions then I wouldn't want to see anything more for myth focusing on minions.

Survivor
May 10, 2012
as I'm sure everyone is aware every so many levels we will get a new minion so I expect by lvl 120-125 we will get a new one this one will most likely be a rank 13+ which means you will most likely have minions who will do shadow spells even. Once again these minions will probably cost 7 pips as getting pips is easier and easier, they will be very durable as these will probably have 3k+ in life and will have crit and block(not to mention still will be non pvp) of course everyone always thinks about the game currently instead of what the future will bring. So it means that specialization for myth will allow them to utilize their minion only spells plus allow them to solo just as well if not better than life and ice. With 3 rank 13+ minions even myth bosses will get constantly barraged by attacks this will mean that the myth wizard will get targeted less and increase their survivability!