Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If you add on...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2012
Ok sorry for the people who will cringe from this but this is a question that i could not find an answer to so here it is:

If you add more then one garden gnome does it make it grow faster?

Brain ShadowStaff Lv.40 (at this time it is posted)

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Great Question!
I was wondering the same thing.
mattie1010

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
No it does not. But each garden gnome has a large area of effect. For example, in the red barn farm, if you plant a gnome in the middle of one of the quarter plots, it covers the entire quarter and then some - its effect expands a little into the adjacent quarter plots. If you place the gnome in mid-air in the middle of the plot (about one-and-a-half crates high or so), the coverage will actually extend high enough to cover a triple stack bank of plants. If you are really creative it will actually cover a four high bank (its tricky, but I have done it). The same goes for other plant likes - although not all of them are small enough to go in the middle. But the effect definitely covers the entire quarter plot.

By quarter plot - I mean 1/4 of the big farm plot in Red Barn Farm - the one that is split into 4 quarters.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
To answer your question ..... no, it doesn't make your garden grow that much faster by adding (say, 4 of them).

However, you do want to have a minimum of 2 of the same 'likes' each per garden. Each 'like', when put in a corner or along the side only covers half the garden. By putting 2 of the same 'likes' (opposite corners or on opposite sides), then you can guarantee your entire garden is covered by the 'like'.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Just one at a time. Two won't make the garden grow any faster. Sorry

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
To answer your question ..... no, it doesn't make your garden grow that much faster by adding (say, 4 of them).

However, you do want to have a minimum of 2 of the same 'likes' each per garden. Each 'like', when put in a corner or along the side only covers half the garden. By putting 2 of the same 'likes' (opposite corners or on opposite sides), then you can guarantee your entire garden is covered by the 'like'.
Hmm, that's interesting. I used to do that myself, but one day I tried playing around with Like placement, and from what I've seen is that you don't need to place more than one of each. Before I clued into leaving a path in the middle of a stacked garden, all of my stacked gardens had 2 corners open: 15 back row, 15 second last row, 15 middle row, 15 second row, 9 first row. Don't know how to explain it better than that.

Anyway, 69 plot EMP garden for example, I would place a Djembe Drum in one of the open corners at the front, and one Egg Basket in the other, with the floating Garden Gnome in the middle to target the spells. All of my plants reap the benefits of all three Likes.

I suppose now that plants are dropping their Likes like candy, it doesn't hurt to put an extra of each in there just for peace of mind. But I'd try it out... just put some of the Likes tight to the garden and hover over the plants furthest away to see if they're covered.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
High Five Ghost on Jun 15, 2016 wrote:
Hmm, that's interesting. I used to do that myself, but one day I tried playing around with Like placement, and from what I've seen is that you don't need to place more than one of each. Before I clued into leaving a path in the middle of a stacked garden, all of my stacked gardens had 2 corners open: 15 back row, 15 second last row, 15 middle row, 15 second row, 9 first row. Don't know how to explain it better than that.

Anyway, 69 plot EMP garden for example, I would place a Djembe Drum in one of the open corners at the front, and one Egg Basket in the other, with the floating Garden Gnome in the middle to target the spells. All of my plants reap the benefits of all three Likes.

I suppose now that plants are dropping their Likes like candy, it doesn't hurt to put an extra of each in there just for peace of mind. But I'd try it out... just put some of the Likes tight to the garden and hover over the plants furthest away to see if they're covered.
My EMP gardens I do 3 levels, 5x5 each level except lowest is missing corners and center. None at ground level. I just put the gnome, egg basket and drum on top of a crate stack in the middle. That allows aiming at the middle level and all the likes cover all the plants. I floated a dead boom shroom for the last like in the middle of one side.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I don't stack my gardens. If I want, I can always put the material 'likes' in the middle and only need one each. If you have a plot in the middle (for 37 plot typical garden), then you do need 2 likes each, positioned at opposite sides or corners.