Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle Strategies - Waiting for that one card!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
When you first start out, your deck is pretty limited and the only thing you can do is pick a hit card and hope it doesn't fizzle. As you level up and obtain more cards(blades, traps, enchantments, etc.) each wizard developes their own strategy for beating enemies. Like using every blade and trap to beat a high level boss. What I find really frustrating is when I have to pass five times in a row because a certain card doesn't show up in my hand. I also find myself getting rid of damage cards and others in my hand so there is a bigger chance a blade or trap will show.

So what I am suggesting is more options when choosing what spell to use during your turn.

Maybe after leveling up to 90 or 100 more cards show up during battles(after a quest of course).

Or separate the hand based on different card types. For example on screen you see something like this:

- damage spells
- blades and traps
- enchantments
- pet/gear/healing spells

You always get every type of spell in your hand.You can also discard cards in a section without losing cards of other types.

Have any other ideas or get frustrated when that card won't show up like I do? Post below!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
How about you just keep your deck really small? I usually don't bring more than 16 cards and it works out very well.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just because they make desks that hold 64 spells and 38 TC doesn't mean you have to (or should) fill them. Keep your decks small. Have separate decks for mobs and bosses. Mob decks should be a couple blades, a couple sun boosts, a couple AOE attacks. You really don't want your deck filled up with 9 copies of everything. Add a few traps, heals and utility spells for bosses, possibly a big single target hit if needed.