Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet is discontinued

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 12, 2009
So I have been trying to obtain a mythdactyl pet for about 3 days now and I have realized that this pet has been discontinued. By discontinued I mean that you cant obtain it by hatching anymore. I have attempted 9 times and none of them were successful and there's no possible way that it's a coincidence

attempt#1. Mythdactyl hatched with strange beast(got strange beast)
attempt#2. Hybrid, Skink and babydactyl hatched(got skink)
attempt#3. Mythdactyl hatched with strange beast(got strange beast)
attempt#4. Mythdactyl hatched with myth armament(got myth armament)
attempt#5. Hybrid, Skink and babydactyl hatched(got skink)
attempt#6. Mythdactyl and strange beast hatched(got strange beast)
attempt#7. Hybrid, Skink and babydactyl hatched(got babydactyl)
attempt#8. Hybrid, Skink and babydactyl hatched(got skink)
attempt#9. I transferred a medusa over to my fire character as I know an old trick that if you use a school pet that cant be equipped you get the other pet you're hatched with about 97% of the time. Medusa and Mythdactyl (got Medusa)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Ethan LegendBlade on May 26, 2016 wrote:
So I have been trying to obtain a mythdactyl pet for about 3 days now and I have realized that this pet has been discontinued. By discontinued I mean that you cant obtain it by hatching anymore. I have attempted 9 times and none of them were successful and there's no possible way that it's a coincidence

attempt#9. I transferred a medusa over to my fire character as I know an old trick that if you use a school pet that cant be equipped you get the other pet you're hatched with about 97% of the time. Medusa and Mythdactyl (got Medusa)
Nine hatches isn't nearly a large enough sample to draw that conclusion.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009

I was not aware of that school-pet method you wrote about on the 9th attempt. That will make things much easier for me. Thanks. :)

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
I dont have my scientific calculator but the probability of 8 50% and one 97% is somewhere like .0001% chance of not getting a desired result and is very very very unlikely that this is a coincidence.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

Hatching is a 50/50 thing. I've gotten several Mythdactyls over the last few days, and I only hatch once a day. It has not been discontinued. It's a random process that may or may not give you the pet you desire.

Hatching with the Babydactyl and skink has a lower rate to get a hybrid. Once you have the hybrid, you should continue to hatch with your best myth pets to come up with what you want. It's possible to hatch 50 times and not get a Mythdactyl back.

If you hatched your Mythdactyl and your Medusa on your Fire wizard, you should get the Mythdactyl back, as a Fire wizard can not get the Medusa pet. It's called a forced hatch.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I agree that 9 times is not necessarily an indication of anything. I hatched my Satyr and Ice Colossus at least 30 times before I finally got a Frostcaller. I never did manage to get an Ice Hound though even after about the same amount of hatches.

I have so many Ice Colossus running around, and that's even after I trashed or sold about two dozen of them. That's why I stopped trying for the Ice Hound, I don't ever want to breed another Ice Colossus again.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
BrynnerOfReign on May 31, 2016 wrote:
Hatching is a 50/50 thing. I've gotten several Mythdactyls over the last few days, and I only hatch once a day. It has not been discontinued. It's a random process that may or may not give you the pet you desire.

Hatching with the Babydactyl and skink has a lower rate to get a hybrid. Once you have the hybrid, you should continue to hatch with your best myth pets to come up with what you want. It's possible to hatch 50 times and not get a Mythdactyl back.

If you hatched your Mythdactyl and your Medusa on your Fire wizard, you should get the Mythdactyl back, as a Fire wizard can not get the Medusa pet. It's called a forced hatch.
Hatching, like everything else in this game, is not 50/50. There is NOTHING in this game random. Nothing.

Until this lie is exposed, people will continue to pose claims such as the OP. If you want the better items in this game, buy and spend crowns. Even though this pet isn't a crowns pet, the more crowns you spend in the game, the better chances you have to get it and other "rare" drops which will never drop otherwise.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ethan LegendBlade on May 31, 2016 wrote:
I dont have my scientific calculator but the probability of 8 50% and one 97% is somewhere like .0001% chance of not getting a desired result and is very very very unlikely that this is a coincidence.
There's 100% chance that you are spouting false odds that have no basis in reality. No one knows the chances set to hatches except KI's programmers. They aren't all 50/50 and I don't know where you pulled out that 97% from (probably nowhere). Some pets are more likely than others when hatching. 9 fails isn't even remotely close to enough to say that a pet isn't hatchable. It took me more than that for me to get the pet I wanted while trying to hatch talents into a certain pet type.