Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Death School gear for a level 80 student

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
So I recently got back into Wizard101 a few weeks ago and have gone from level 48 to 78 rather quickly. I am not sure what gear would be most appropriate for my level wizard (currently 78). I want to have the best chance of surviving the later areas of Avalon and into Azteca. I have looked on multiple boards about level 80 death gear, but all seem to come from around 2010-'11 and seem to be quite outdated.

I was wondering if there was any newer level 80 death gear that would better suit me as I progress closer to Azteca. I do not use crowns other than to unlock sockets on my items. Any gear that can be farmed or bought from the Bazaar would be most helpful. I am looking for Critical gear with block as of secondary importance.

I am Currently Equipped with:

Hat: Poseidon's Raging Sea Helm
Robe: Hangman's Cape
Boots: Hangman's Boots
Wand: Vassal's Longsword
Athame: Forsaken Dagger (Jewels: +17attack +15attack +4accuracy)
Amulet: Shango's Deathblade Amulet (Jewels: +74 +30resistance)
Ring: Knight Errant's Seal (Jewels: +31resistance +29Mana +16attack)
Deck: Druid's knot Deck (Jewels: +29resistance)

If you have any gear that you have currently equipped that is an improvement from mine I would love to know what it is, where you got it and how to get it. Thank you for any constructive responses to my inquiry.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Time to start crafting!
It's the best gear in game (besides Darkmoor drops or one shot gauntlets at high levels).
My max death character reached level 110 as well as Overlord in PVP with crafted gear.

Grab all reagents you see, and get going on your craft badges. It really is worth it.

Waterworks gear is awesome, but once you level up a ways, you need some more power instead of resist.

Definitely check on wizard central wiki on the crafted gear stats from Avalon and you can compare.

Craft is the way to go if you don't want to spend crowns. And gear in crown shop isn't good at your level.

A good death pet is always helpful too; If you have certain stats you are looking for, ask friends for help with hatching.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Adam Daybreeze on May 25, 2016 wrote:
So I recently got back into Wizard101 a few weeks ago and have gone from level 48 to 78 rather quickly. I am not sure what gear would be most appropriate for my level wizard (currently 78). I want to have the best chance of surviving the later areas of Avalon and into Azteca. I have looked on multiple boards about level 80 death gear, but all seem to come from around 2010-'11 and seem to be quite outdated.

I was wondering if there was any newer level 80 death gear that would better suit me as I progress closer to Azteca. I do not use crowns other than to unlock sockets on my items. Any gear that can be farmed or bought from the Bazaar would be most helpful. I am looking for Critical gear with block as of secondary importance.

I am Currently Equipped with:

Hat: Poseidon's Raging Sea Helm
Robe: Hangman's Cape
Boots: Hangman's Boots
Wand: Vassal's Longsword
Athame: Forsaken Dagger (Jewels: +17attack +15attack +4accuracy)
Amulet: Shango's Deathblade Amulet (Jewels: +74 +30resistance)
Ring: Knight Errant's Seal (Jewels: +31resistance +29Mana +16attack)
Deck: Druid's knot Deck (Jewels: +29resistance)

If you have any gear that you have currently equipped that is an improvement from mine I would love to know what it is, where you got it and how to get it. Thank you for any constructive responses to my inquiry.
Craft the Avalon crafted gear, buy the bear's claw of death if you can, buy the one Lvl 56 ring with 7 damage (forgot what it was called) and everything else is fine