Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life or storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2016
should i make a life or storm? im going to play with a friend who's balance. ty

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Either one will team well with a Balance wizard. It really depends on what roles you and your friend want. If you chose Storm, your friend will mostly need to be support and healer while you mostly attack. If you choose Life, you both can alternate between hitter and support/healer depending on the circumstances.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I think you should go with storm if you will be playing with a balance. I have a storm and balance combo that I quest together and they sail through content with balance playing as support for storm and with storm quickly defeating the enemy. Obviously any school can play any role in battle if you really want them to, but balance and life much more easily adapt to a support position and storm is known for its ability to hit fast and hard.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
antonppp on May 18, 2016 wrote:
If you're running with a Balance and wish to make it easy, choose Storm.

If you would like to make your gameplay with them more challenging, choose Life.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Storm is more fun but life is better at pvp so go with life.

Lvl 110
Lvl 103
Lvl 27

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on May 18, 2016 wrote:
Storm is more fun but life is better at pvp so go with life.

Lvl 110
Lvl 103
Lvl 27
What is it with you and PVP, Adam. Did you see anything in his post about doing any pvp at all?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Shannon Skybreaker on May 18, 2016 wrote:
If you're running with a Balance and wish to make it easy, choose Storm.

If you would like to make your gameplay with them more challenging, choose Life.

Best of luck!
S.S.
Shannon has got it spot on.

I generally like to play as more than , but that's just because I like to play support more than attacker.

I would probably recommend that you do in this case though if you want to progress quickly later on. You can always train in as your secondary. (You can do the reverse too, but it's not as recommended).

Good luck on your adventures to you and your friend!

-exp613

Survivor
May 20, 2016
I prefer Storm. Balance is already pretty support-ish, so you don't really need a Life to heal them when they have their shields and Weakness. Storm on the other hand dishes out some really good damage throughout the board and can help you guys progress faster.

Also a little tip if you go Storm. Once you get around 500-900 gold in the early game and get Storm Shark, buy as many Keen Eyes TCs from the bazaar at least once a day. Then go to Golem Tower with nothing but Storm Sharks and the Keen eye cards in your deck and make around 30-50 Storm Shark TCs with 85% accuracy so you don't fizzle as much and can successfully pump out more damage.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on May 18, 2016 wrote:
What is it with you and PVP, Adam. Did you see anything in his post about doing any pvp at all?
Did you see anything about him saying he's not going to pvp? His choice if he wants an easy path to warlord

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
It doesn't matter really. You could do one then the other as a side school.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
It doesn't make that much of a difference, however in my opinion, I believe that you should go with storm. If balance wizards are good at one thing, it would be being excellent support wizards with a barrage of blades and shields to use. Storm wizards can benefit off of them and be the main attacker wizard in battles. That's only my input, but I think it's a good strategy for your sake.

Melissa Smith- Master Sorcerer Lvl. 43

Survivor
Jan 02, 2016
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Well, if your going to be playing with a balance wizard, then I'd suggest a storm wizard

-Fiona