Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Craft

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I have a question. If you have never crafted in the game..like never. And your a level 78 Myth and you start crafting now. The gear that you make won't be your level will it? I have a feeling that it wouldn't be since you would be a level 1 at crafting.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you start off in wizard city, with its crafting quest, and move your way up. nothing you craft, for the quests, is useful, even at the level you get them at if you progressed normally. Where it is really helpful is crafting gear from vendors as you reach newer worlds. Like when you get to Avalon, and can craft the Courtly Dirk, for example

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
PixiePrincess26,

It may take a couple of crafting badges to get where you want to be in terms of crafting good gear. The crafting quests have you craft things that are not always the most useful in my opinion, but KI now has some of those random items as ingredients for future recipes so it's not that bad. I was way behind on my Balance but I had the supplies necessary to level him in crafting pretty easy (just don't sell all your reagents). So bottom line- I bet you can be there in no time. Again- good luck!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
No, the gear will not be your level.

You will buy the items that you need to craft (for the quest) from vendors around the Spiral. The level of the gear reflects the levels that are usually in that specific world.

Once you get to a certain point, though, you'll see that the crafting will eventually catch up to your level.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
No, it won't be.

However, it will help you a lot once you get your crafting badges and can craft gear at your level.

The Zafaria crafting badge is one of the most difficult and time-consuming. Make sure you pick up every reagent you can on the ground, especially Stone Blocks. Also, if you have a bit of extra gold you don't need, start farming the Bazaar for Fossil and Stone Blocks - those are the hardest to obtain.

I would suggest getting all the Transmute recipes as you level your crafting as well.

Once you have your highest crafting badges (and you have lower level wizards), your higher wizard can craft for your lower level ones (like the Wintertusk gear).

Take your time getting your crafting badges. There's no rush!

I might suggest gardening (if you don't already). Gardening can help with reagents, TC, and gold.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Just do the crafting quests from each craft vendor (easy to do if you gather reagents regularly) and make the requested items to level up; my Myth character (level 60) just did all of them from wizard city through zafaria and made legendary crafter- it took about an hour or so from start to finish (I stockpile reagents in shared bank from my other chars so I had all the stuff ready to go).

Then you can craft your level of gear

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just work your way up through the crafting levels in each world. Only craft what is needed for the quests. If you have not been selling off your reagents that you collected while questing, it won't take long to catch up to your current world in crafting. You can do it in about a week or so.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
It doesn't matter what your char level is.
When you start crafting, you'll start from scratch.
yes you'll get lower level stuff, but as you gain levels in crafting you'll find that the crafted stuff is usually better than the dropped/bought stuff.