Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Say it aint so!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
hi I just heard that some of the kingsisle workers got layoff even our beloved greyrose and Julia we will always miss you all and hope you find some new and exciting work as it was here and will miss all of you it won't be the same around here without you we will all miss you never forget the spiral because it will always remember you

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
KI,

I just heard thru the rumor mill that there are massive lay offs for KI.. Is this true? what does it mean for Wizard 101??

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! Thank you all for your well wishes. Here is the official response:

To verify, KingsIsle had a reduction in force today which impacted some of our talented employees, and we wish them the best. This coincides with a couple of unreleased mobile games being cancelled. The strategy is to refocus our efforts on our MMO games and polish our more promising mobile projects, many of which are still slated for a 2016 release. Fans of our MMOs should know that Pirate101 is soon to receive an update and will be going to Test Realm most likely next week. Wizard101 has new content updates in the works for both Summer and Fall 2016.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Since there are so many Lay offs does that mean there are not going to be events like Ki Live? Also who is going to post w101 maintenance downtimes and updates in the forums if Greyrose will no longer do this?

Big question here: Will Wizard101 or Pirate101 suffer in any stability And or functionality Due to the lay offs?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Maycast on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Since there are so many Lay offs does that mean there are not going to be events like Ki Live? Also who is going to post w101 maintenance downtimes and updates in the forums if Greyrose will no longer do this?

Big question here: Will Wizard101 or Pirate101 suffer in any stability And or functionality Due to the lay offs?
Hi Maycast,

The development is still pretty new, but for the time being you'll be seeing more of Dworgyn posting here on the message boards.

The plan is to stay the course and get you those updates talked about in the statement above.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Dworgyn on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Hi Maycast,

The development is still pretty new, but for the time being you'll be seeing more of Dworgyn posting here on the message boards.

The plan is to stay the course and get you those updates talked about in the statement above.
ok that's good. oh and hi dworgyn!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Oh yes, one more question, how many people did you have when you guys started work on Wizard101 and how many people do you have now compared to then?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Dworgyn on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Hi Maycast,

I'm torn :( So sorry that we've lost some people :( but looking forward to seeing more posts from Dworgyn :)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Let's not look on the sadness that befell KingsIsle and us. Let's look on some positivity.

With KingsIsle refocusing their efforts to their MMO games, more updates will be made & delivered at a more frequent rate than before, so that means more adventures for us, Wizard, & especially Pirates, too, & maybe more.

Kingsisle's statement said they'll, to quote, "...refocus our efforts on our MMO games...", so expect many more content updates & such to come at a more frequent rate, everyone.

Kingsisle's big layoff did inflict the mobile game development department severely, but I'm not that big a fan of mobile games either way.

My heart still saddens to hear about that sad news, but we shall not let that weigh us down. We shall be strong, & move forth in the aftermath!

Stay positive & stay strong, young Wizards! Stay happy!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Dworgyn on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Hi! Thank you all for your well wishes. Here is the official response:

To verify, KingsIsle had a reduction in force today which impacted some of our talented employees, and we wish them the best. This coincides with a couple of unreleased mobile games being cancelled. The strategy is to refocus our efforts on our MMO games and polish our more promising mobile projects, many of which are still slated for a 2016 release. Fans of our MMOs should know that Pirate101 is soon to receive an update and will be going to Test Realm most likely next week. Wizard101 has new content updates in the works for both Summer and Fall 2016.
That is great that content updates will be more frequent, but please don't speed things out of control. I have seen countless game developments/corporations/studios speed things up way too fast, that they end up producing work that was rushed and disappointing (and that is not a matter of opinion). I hope these lay offs were worth it... I believe I speak for many people when I say we are willing to wait to get a good game!

Good luck to all of you,
The Arch-Magister

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Best wishes to those who were let go at KI. Some of you were on the boards and you will be missed.

I am glad that KI is focusing more on the MMO games, especially P101, since that game hasn't had any world/level updates for 3 years. P101 may not be as popular as W101, but honestly, it has a potential to be as popular. I actually like P101 more than W101.

Sorry to say, I didn't think the mobile games were very fun, so refocusing on MMOs makes my heart sing!

Hero
May 07, 2015
Trimond297 on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Let's not look on the sadness that befell KingsIsle and us. Let's look on some positivity.

With KingsIsle refocusing their efforts to their MMO games, more updates will be made & delivered at a more frequent rate than before, so that means more adventures for us, Wizard, & especially Pirates, too, & maybe more.

Kingsisle's statement said they'll, to quote, "...refocus our efforts on our MMO games...", so expect many more content updates & such to come at a more frequent rate, everyone.

Kingsisle's big layoff did inflict the mobile game development department severely, but I'm not that big a fan of mobile games either way.

My heart still saddens to hear about that sad news, but we shall not let that weigh us down. We shall be strong, & move forth in the aftermath!

Stay positive & stay strong, young Wizards! Stay happy!
yes! thank you for making me feel better!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
sun girl1122 on May 16, 2016 wrote:
yes! thank you for making me feel better!
You're welcome!

The statement said there's updates for the Summer & Fall, so I'm excited to see what KI's got cooked up in the next update in the Summer!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
Hey Dworgyn, hang in there! Really sad to hear that news. Several games I've played and loved have closed and it started out this way. Sounds like someone lost focus. I'm hoping the powers that be get their stuff together and shape things up. I've noticed a lot of glitches of late and super lag for no apparent reason. Some of it could be on my end but kind of doubt it.

I hope you really are going to focus on the MMO aspects of KI as I'm truly reticent to spend any more money on the game if it's not going to be updated and maintained.

Best wishes to all, really sad state of affairs.

Hero
May 07, 2015
Trimond297 on May 16, 2016 wrote:
You're welcome!

The statement said there's updates for the Summer & Fall, so I'm excited to see what KI's got cooked up in the next update in the Summer!
I can't wait! I just can't! (screams and dances in happiness) well I guess i'll level up my wizard until then. I hope they make something for level 90+. I really do. if they do ill be happier than a wizard in dragonspyre. lol