Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

From Notoriety to Neglection - Death in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
So this has been a thing on my mind for quite some time and with the most recent release of the treasure card Ashen Bones (fire version of skeletal dragon), which does 222+948 damage over 3 rounds. The regular TC Skeletal Dragon for Death does 230+930 damage over 3 rounds.

This specific comparison is not very significant, but what I feel truly makes this unfair for higher level necromancers is when you compare these to a Colossal enchanced Skeletal Dragon (+275 damage to a spell). With colossal, it does 338+948 damage over 3 rounds. The TC spell does a total of 1160 damage (ashen bones doing only 10 damage more), but when compared to what is supposed to be the STRONGEST Version of this spell, it only does a mere 126 damage compared to the TC death version (colossal version doing 1286 total damage).

"So what? Why does this matter? I don't see the problem."

There might not be a definite problem here, but there is (at least to me,) a HUGE degree of unfairness for death wizards in terms of damage of these specific spells.

Skeletal Dragon is a DoT, and is meant to have a lot of damage on the latter end (OVER time). This becomes even more frustrating when compared to the school and their version of King Artorius, which does 1346 total with colossal unbuffed. This spell not only has more back ended base damage than Skeletal Dragon (800 vs 1100), but it ALSO removes a shield in the process, and for the SAME amount of pips.

Shall I begin mentioning the SIGNIFICANT "nerf" in gear stats between level 60 and now?

This is not as well written as I would have liked it to be, but overall, I believe death is being treated unfairly and is being neglected at this point. When you compare it to Fire, Ice or Balance (even Life really), to be honest you aren't even comparing. You'd be observing how death has become less and less favored as the game has progressed, INCLUDING less ideal stats on what is considered some of the best gear in game at the moment. Is this intentional? Is there a reason other schools are getting more treatment and better attention when their gear and spells are made? May I ask why Monster Mash TC was taken out of polaris test realm, or rather why Burning Rampage, Catch of the Day and Sacred charge are trainable and this AMAZING "mash-up" death spell isn't?

I am SURE there are many who agree with me to an extent, so I appreciate any feedback on this! Even if you might disagree, I won't say a word because the patterns of duplicate/inferior spells (Avenging Fossil, Dr.Von, Lord of Night) and facts speak clearer than any single voice.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Yes, I agree. Death is no longer worth playing PVP. If we could cast Malduit we'd have some level of strategy but until then, we are too slow to do any significant damage. I've noticed even with crafted armor and fully buffed blades I don't do very much damage unless I luck out and get a crit.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Wolf SkullRider on May 11, 2016 wrote:
So this has been a thing on my mind for quite some time and with the most recent release of the treasure card Ashen Bones (fire version of skeletal dragon), which does 222+948 damage over 3 rounds. The regular TC Skeletal Dragon for Death does 230+930 damage over 3 rounds.

This specific comparison is not very significant, but what I feel truly makes this unfair for higher level necromancers is when you compare these to a Colossal enchanced Skeletal Dragon (+275 damage to a spell). With colossal, it does 338+948 damage over 3 rounds. The TC spell does a total of 1160 damage (ashen bones doing only 10 damage more), but when compared to what is supposed to be the STRONGEST Version of this spell, it only does a mere 126 damage compared to the TC death version (colossal version doing 1286 total damage).

There might not be a definite problem here, but there is (at least to me,) a HUGE degree of unfairness for death wizards in terms of damage of these specific spells.

Skeletal Dragon is a DoT, and is meant to have a lot of damage on the latter end (OVER time). This becomes even more frustrating when compared to the school and their version of King Artorius, which does 1346 total with colossal unbuffed. This spell not only has more back ended base damage than Skeletal Dragon (800 vs 1100), but it ALSO removes a shield in the process, and for the SAME amount of pips.

Shall I begin mentioning the SIGNIFICANT "nerf" in gear stats between level 60 and now?

This is not as well written as I would have liked it to be, but overall, I believe death is being treated unfairly and is being neglected at this point. When you compare it to Fire, Ice or Balance (even Life really), to be honest you aren't even comparing. You'd be observing how death has become less and less favored as the game has progressed, INCLUDING less ideal stats on what is considered some of the best gear in game at the moment. Is this intentional? Is there a reason other schools are getting more treatment and better attention when their gear and spells are made? May I ask why Monster Mash TC was taken out of polaris test realm, or rather why Burning Rampage, Catch of the Day and Sacred charge are trainable and this AMAZING "mash-up" death spell isn't?

I am SURE there are many who agree with me to an extent, so I appreciate any feedback on this! Even if you might disagree, I won't say a word because the patterns of duplicate/inferior spells (Avenging Fossil, Dr.Von, Lord of Night) and facts speak clearer than any single voice.
I Agree with you 101%.... This game coming to the point if you play on a better school you win. Its not fair that death can't use our their own utilities because they hurt and takes away from their defense and offense. But when other schools use them its coordinates perfectly within half of the risk. Also Ashen bones has 222+948 but their is another version that is even stronger with 250+1000 which is completely stronger than a colossal enchanted Skeletal Dragon which is totally messed up.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Wolf SkullRider on May 11, 2016 wrote:

Yes, I agree with you completely. Death has yet to get a good lore spell while fire, ice, life and ESPECIALLY balance have amazing lore spells. Winter moon, brim, luminous weaver and Loremaster. All of these spells are extremely powerful, doing a minimum of 1k with the right gear and take 4-5 pips and give an after effect like a weakness, trap, stun or mantle. But what does death get? Lord of Night and Deer Knight. Believe me, I like deer knight but it's in NO WAY a pvp spell. Lord of night? Infection is useless, you can't enchant it fully and it doesn't do too much damage. Why is it that storm, death and myth are the schools that are last to receive their single hit shadow spell, have no dropped spells like burning rampage and have no good lore spells? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You know what's missing from PvP; spells designed just for PvP, any wizard can use!
Now, lets go one step further, and only have a PvP wizard school, and PvP Wizard Spells that can only be used exclusively inside PvP; and nowhere else. Now, people who love PvP can focus just PvP spells, and they'll only face other wizards with identical spells. Sure, it may seem boring, but now, everyone has an equal chance to win or lose!