Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Won't My Vanilla Gift Card Work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
So i've tried multiple times on 3 different times to purchase crowns through the site, the game, and paypal, and it continues to say that my billing address is incorrect even though I entered all the information correctly. Also, yes, my postal code is 5 digits and i've even tried putting a 0 in front of it, still nothing. Help?

Administrator
A few points to know though regarding Pre Paid Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, or Amex gift cards):

1. Most card issuers require registration of the card prior to internet or phone purchases. Flip your card over and find the customer service number or website to register your card (be sure to enter your address correctly!).

2. We do "pre-authorizations", meaning when you enter your credit card information in the system, we send a call to the bank to verify and validate account information - this results in a $1 authorization charge on your account. It is NOT a charge and will automatically be put back in to your available balance within 3-5 business days (depending on the issuing banks policy). We mention this because a $50 gift card cannot be used for a $50 purchase (the $1 pre-authorization will make the available balance read $49) and would be declined for insufficient funds.

If you have further questions, please send an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
i exclusively use gift cards for my wiz purchases, and as a result of your $1 pre-purchase charge, I have a drawer full of cards with small amounts of money on them.

I wish you'd sell crowns a-la carte so I could use this money at KIs website.

thanks for considering it