Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add Group Looting & Speed Rewards to W101

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
You know, it's all great to do dungeons & gauntlets with many Wizards together, though, I have to say this; there's hardly any group looting Wizards could do in them. How do Wizards get more rewards by being fast duelists? Aren't there chests that may give out group rewards?

Well, my point is this, add in Group Looting to Wizard101.

This gave me inspiration upon seeing Pirate101 having Group Plunder Chests, multiplayer chests that have multiple locks on them varying on how many Wizards are presentable in Dungeons & Gauntlets, & the more locks they're on the chest, the more Wizards are needed to unlock them, & the more rewards they'll get, like more gold, even higher chances on getting rare unique loot, like amazing gear, wands & all kinds, even better chances at gaining more Skeleton Keys to Wizards & unique temporary boosts, like to rare loot chance percentage increases & others.

W101 is an MMO, yes? So, I feel there's little opportunities to interact with others & gain more rewards through group dueling, & it's a big take away on that concept. Well, picture this. There are people who want to pair up & gain more loot through that. P101 has that kinda system, so why not carry that over to W101, too?

There's also another suggestion I think you should add, Speed Rewards.

Listen. In accordance to how the Moo Manchu Tower has the Speed Rewards in P101, they are like multiplayer chests, only they show up, depending on how quick Wizards duel & defeat particular bosses in Dungeons & Gauntlets. The quicker the Wizards defeat them, the better the Speed Rewards are, once the duels are won, & the chances on rare loot increase very well. Though, should they too long, they will end up with little rewards, & the chances on rare loot decrease.

Speed Rewards also came to my head upon remembering trying to win particular battles in that gauntlet, as they have Speed Reward Group Chests that give more rewards to those who have won the battles quick enough. Having that will also broaden up group looting, too, so we should see that, too. That which was placed in P101 should also be in W101, too.

There are many possibilities on improving grouping with other Wizards & how such opportunities could be broadened. So, what do you think, Wizards? Would you like to see these in W101?

KingsIsle, please think & consider this, & add these suggestions in. I would really like to see these made in W101!

Thanks again for listening!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Trimond297 on May 7, 2016 wrote:
You know, it's all great to do dungeons & gauntlets with many Wizards together, though, I have to say this; there's hardly any group looting Wizards could do in them. How do Wizards get more rewards by being fast duelists? Aren't there chests that may give out group rewards?

Well, my point is this, add in Group Looting to Wizard101.

This gave me inspiration upon seeing Pirate101 having Group Plunder Chests, multiplayer chests that have multiple locks on them varying on how many Wizards are presentable in Dungeons & Gauntlets, & the more locks they're on the chest, the more Wizards are needed to unlock them, & the more rewards they'll get, like more gold, even higher chances on getting rare unique loot, like amazing gear, wands & all kinds, even better chances at gaining more Skeleton Keys to Wizards & unique temporary boosts, like to rare loot chance percentage increases & others.

W101 is an MMO, yes? So, I feel there's little opportunities to interact with others & gain more rewards through group dueling, & it's a big take away on that concept. Well, picture this. There are people who want to pair up & gain more loot through that. P101 has that kinda system, so why not carry that over to W101, too?

There's also another suggestion I think you should add, Speed Rewards.

Listen. In accordance to how the Moo Manchu Tower has the Speed Rewards in P101, they are like multiplayer chests, only they show up, depending on how quick Wizards duel & defeat particular bosses in Dungeons & Gauntlets. The quicker the Wizards defeat them, the better the Speed Rewards are, once the duels are won, & the chances on rare loot increase very well. Though, should they too long, they will end up with little rewards, & the chances on rare loot decrease.

Speed Rewards also came to my head upon remembering trying to win particular battles in that gauntlet, as they have Speed Reward Group Chests that give more rewards to those who have won the battles quick enough. Having that will also broaden up group looting, too, so we should see that, too. That which was placed in P101 should also be in W101, too.

There are many possibilities on improving grouping with other Wizards & how such opportunities could be broadened. So, what do you think, Wizards? Would you like to see these in W101?

KingsIsle, please think & consider this, & add these suggestions in. I would really like to see these made in W101!

Thanks again for listening!
Wizard101 seems to work the opposite direction in regards to speed, or at least it seems to be that way. I noticed it when I was doing Barkingham Palace. The quicker I defeated Dr. Jackall, the less rewards I got, particularly if I defeated him before he transformed. I still got rewards, but if I remember correctly it was all treasure cards or reagents, never any gear.

It seems to be that way with Cronus and Gladiator Dimachaerus too. Maybe it was just coincidence, but it seemed like the faster I defeated them, the fewer of the better rewards I got. Though I didn't have the same experience in Waterworks, so if it's not coincidence, maybe it's just something that's come about since Aquila was released.

As for whether or not I'd like to see these things added to W101, I have to say I'm indifferent. I'm not a speed runner, and I'm not particularly fond of having to do things in groups. So for me, neither of these ideas are particularly appealing. I'm not saying they're bad, they're just not for me.

On the other hand, if you increased loot hand outs for soloists or smaller groups, that to me would make more sense. Why? I think of the old dice, pen and paper D&D. You fought 10 Orcs, you got the loot from 10 Orcs. You didn't get 10 Orc loot tables for every member of your party. If you had 8 party members, you split the total loot 8 ways. If you had 3 party members, you split it 3 ways. To me that would be a more interesting idea. It still wouldn't benefit me because I can't solo a lot of the dungeons it would probably apply to anyway, but for the people who can... people keep saying they want a challenge. Challenge on!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
High Five Ghost on May 8, 2016 wrote:
Wizard101 seems to work the opposite direction in regards to speed, or at least it seems to be that way. I noticed it when I was doing Barkingham Palace. The quicker I defeated Dr. Jackall, the less rewards I got, particularly if I defeated him before he transformed. I still got rewards, but if I remember correctly it was all treasure cards or reagents, never any gear.

It seems to be that way with Cronus and Gladiator Dimachaerus too. Maybe it was just coincidence, but it seemed like the faster I defeated them, the fewer of the better rewards I got. Though I didn't have the same experience in Waterworks, so if it's not coincidence, maybe it's just something that's come about since Aquila was released.

As for whether or not I'd like to see these things added to W101, I have to say I'm indifferent. I'm not a speed runner, and I'm not particularly fond of having to do things in groups. So for me, neither of these ideas are particularly appealing. I'm not saying they're bad, they're just not for me.

On the other hand, if you increased loot hand outs for soloists or smaller groups, that to me would make more sense. Why? I think of the old dice, pen and paper D&D. You fought 10 Orcs, you got the loot from 10 Orcs. You didn't get 10 Orc loot tables for every member of your party. If you had 8 party members, you split the total loot 8 ways. If you had 3 party members, you split it 3 ways. To me that would be a more interesting idea. It still wouldn't benefit me because I can't solo a lot of the dungeons it would probably apply to anyway, but for the people who can... people keep saying they want a challenge. Challenge on!
Well, the idea of adding multiplayer lock chests in W101 would improve the multiplayer aspects an MMO has, & Speed Rewards should appear upon winning the duel under certain numbers of rounds. The less rounds spent in duels in particular bosses in dungeons & gauntlets, the greater the rewards are, all shared equally to every Wizard participating them, grouped or not.

The idea about these is to any two Wizards or more partaking the dungeons & gauntlets in using the multiplayer chests. I admit, the reward amounts in previous worlds, like gold amounts, may be scarce at times, but there's always room for improvement, & having these would up the chance ratio on getting rare unique loot rewards.

P101 have multiplayer chests & Speed Rewards, so I thought this, "Why not carry those over to W101?".

Though, I understand that if it doesn't suit you. Just thought I would suggest this to improve the multiplayer concepts in W101.