Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we get a status UI?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2011
Hey KI ,

I've been playing wiz for quite a while now and there's been one thing on my mind for some time. Can a wiz brother please get an current status button?! I've always found it to be a bit of an annoyance to come back to my screen, after having stepped away, to find that I have messages upon messages from friends of mine. Sometimes it's someone asking for help, inquiring about something, or maybe just saying "Hi." At times, I'll have someone message me once I'm back asking if I received their message and I will have to reply that I have not because the message has since then been pushed out of the chat box by nearby chatter. I dislike having someone think that I am ignoring them when they have attempted to contact me on several occasions, but I have yet to respond to them even once. One may say I could just let people know that I have stepped away, but who has the time or patience to go down their entire list of online people just to say, "I'm afk." A simple UI on our character page would alleviate this issue that I am positive is common among many of your players.

This could be accomplished by using a drop-down UI button, which would allow us to select a status of either "Online, Away, or In Pet Game (or Pet Training)." Also, a corresponding icon next to the wizards name on their friend list profile interface would inform other players of your current status. Personally I think this is something that can be initiated fairly quickly and I know a lot of us believe it is long overdue. Thank you for listening.

Alric Ironflame (Balance 110)

P.S. - Can a wiz brother please get a larger group chat? Four people is just not enough at times, lol.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
There is a hidden from friends option. When you turn it on they can't see you on their friends list, and therefore will not message you while you are away.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Nora T on May 2, 2016 wrote:
There is a hidden from friends option. When you turn it on they can't see you on their friends list, and therefore will not message you while you are away.
They can still message you.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27