Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone else having bad luck with Road Warriors?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Because I certainly am. I'm a max death and had truly horrible gear for my level and did not feel like spending the hours it would take to farm Malistaire, trust me with my luck it would've taken hours, so I turned to the road warriors pack for it's amazing gear. I knew I wouldn't get it immediately, unlike some others have, but now I feel like the game just hates me. Out of all the packs I've bought I've gotten 6 of the life boots (), one storm robe and 2 ice hats. The rest was housing items and 2 one day mounts.
Now I'm not bashing the pack or anything, a lot of those housing items are nice and beautiful and packs usually make you deal out a TON of money to get the class you want but now I'm starting to wonder if anyone else is having the same awful luck as I am? And I was serious about that 1 death gear out of all those packs.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The good stuff (ultra-rare) out of the packs are very far and few between. I believe the drop rate was reduced even further about a year ago for all packs, as I have not been able to get anything like I use to. Honestly, besides the wands from some packs, the rest of the gear is seriously lacking in stats, particularly for higher levels. Lower levels (about L50 & below) has much better stats from the packs, but once you hit L60 and above, it's seriously lacking.

I've stopped buying packs because of the reduction in drop rate. It's not fun when you can't get anything at all, and you have to spend a ton of real money - just to be disappointed over and over again.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I don't know if the gear rate from this pack is lower than previous packs or if I'm just having awful luck, but I am ashamed to admit I spent more Crowns on this pack than on Terror's Hoard & Witch's Hoard combined and still don't have all the wands...

In any case, that is the way packs work... Pure random prizes.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
More often than not I don't get a whole lot from packs.

Because of that I don't have high expectations when I buy them, so I don't particularly look at it as bad luck if I don't get something. Going in I know that it's a gamble. When I start buying packs, I don't buy until I get what I "want" because I may never get it. Instead I set a limit of either 5 or 10 packs (I like my Crowns balance to always end in either a 0 or a 5) and then I'll stop buying.

There was a time in the past where I would keep buying, but I learned my lesson. I spent way too much on Yuletide packs trying to get the two person Winter Treant mount. Finally I just bought the regular Treant Mount. Should have just done that in the first place. Probably would have saved about $20.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
I have opened few packs before and I got the mount in between 5-6 tries, but recently my pack luck is just insanely horrible. So basically, its just luck, doesn't matter how much you are spending . No guarantee that if you spend a lot of crowns you will have the ultra-rare items. Anyways, good luck with your next pack opening fellow wizard.

~Samuel Prodigious

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I've had some decent luck with the pack. I've gotten rare items quite a few times, and I finally managed to get the permanent mount. I haven't tried lately because all I really wanted was the bike.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I've spent over 10k crowns the road warriors pack just for a weapon, and I didn't get a single piece of gear, but when I opened one terror I got the weapon I needed