Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it worth going to 110?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I am a Life wizard and haven't played W101 in months. I was contemplating whether or not to take my level 100 Life wizard to 110. Wings of Fate doesn't seem worth the trouble, and I've heard your critical rating goes down every time you go up a level—is this true? And how much does it go down per level? If so, I won't bother. I tested Polaris in the Test Realm; I had fun and it was a beautiful world, but that's about it. Is going to level 110 worth it?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
There has always been level degradation. That's why Grands stay at 50.

If you're asking from a solely PVP perspective, that forum would have been a better place for this question. Otherwise my answer is going to be, of course, it is worth leveling.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
I am a Life wizard and haven't played W101 in months. I was contemplating whether or not to take my level 100 Life wizard to 110. Wings of Fate doesn't seem worth the trouble, and I've heard your critical rating goes down every time you go up a level—is this true? And how much does it go down per level? If so, I won't bother. I tested Polaris in the Test Realm; I had fun and it was a beautiful world, but that's about it. Is going to level 110 worth it?
"Is going to level 110 worth it?"... Hmm.. It's very worth it. Why wouldn't you? I've seen that every level I go up, 1% of my critical and block rating goes down. It is true though. Wings of Fate isn't that great of a spell, but it is so easy to achieve it. Polaris is an easy world. Just do it.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would lvl up if I were you. From a pvp perspective you could go either way... but seeing life is now a mid tier class now I would go for it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have two answers for you.

is it worth going to level 110 once? sure.
multiple times? nah.

for me, i did it on my balance wizard (of my 4 exalted wizards, she had the best gear and stats) and had a heck of a time just trying to survive those back-to-back criticals that i no longer block, thanks to the awful new system.

i was terribly disappointed in nested fury (our level 108 spell) as well~ sure, the damage is okay. but, if i wanted to go back to dealing off-school damage instead of using my own school's spells, i'd just use spectral blast and save the shadow pip for something useful.

that said, polaris is short and relatively easy, if you can look past the horrible crit/block.

-von

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Yes, you cannot block at exalted.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Dr Von on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
i have two answers for you.

is it worth going to level 110 once? sure.
multiple times? nah.

for me, i did it on my balance wizard (of my 4 exalted wizards, she had the best gear and stats) and had a heck of a time just trying to survive those back-to-back criticals that i no longer block, thanks to the awful new system.

i was terribly disappointed in nested fury (our level 108 spell) as well~ sure, the damage is okay. but, if i wanted to go back to dealing off-school damage instead of using my own school's spells, i'd just use spectral blast and save the shadow pip for something useful.

that said, polaris is short and relatively easy, if you can look past the horrible crit/block.

-von
What's wrong with off school damage? It still uses your balance damage stat and you can use elemental blade with it unlike spells like Ra. The spell makes balance hitters more of a reality.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I"m a level 110 life and Wings of Fate is very much worth the trouble

1. you can boost the heals
2. you can boost the attack
3. when you kick it off, if you've set a blade, and guiding light, and played either colossal or primordial on it, you have a massive, very effective AOE heal and AOE dot all at the same time.

My life wiz casts it every chance she gets and she will frequently take all the enemies down to nothing while keeping the team at 100% life with it, long before storm or fire or myth get their hits of

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
Yes, you cannot block at exalted.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27
Nonsense, all of my 110s (I have 5) block, and fairly regularly. They also crit, and fairly regularly too.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
Nonsense, all of my 110s (I have 5) block, and fairly regularly. They also crit, and fairly regularly too.
Don't take it seriously lol... I meant they have significantly lower block than max wizards.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Champion
Mar 28, 2010

3. when you kick it off, if you've set a blade, and guiding light, and played either colossal or primordial on it, you have a massive, very effective AOE heal and AOE dot all at the same time.

My life wiz casts it every chance she gets and she will frequently take all the enemies down to nothing while keeping the team at 100% life with it, long before storm or fire or myth get their hits of
1. It does less than forest lord
2. It heals less than rebirth
3. It has no use in 1v1

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on May 6, 2016 wrote:
3. It has no use in 1v1
Then don't use it in 1v1?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010

I've found exactly one situation where it's useful. Minion duty in The Rat. Otherwise, why?

If I'm hitting, I'm hitting, using Caterpillar or Fluffy to kill.

It's not a very useful "hit" unless it's a shieldbreaker for the actual hitter, and even then a well-timed Shatter works better - at least in the situations I've encountered.

If I'm healing, I'll put on healing gear and get similar healing on teammates from a three pip Sprite Swarm. So oK have pips left for Unicorn or Satyr if necessary...

To me the spell is disappointing. Some have claimed it useful for Team PVP - but that doesn't exist any more from what I see of Rank Queues.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on May 6, 2016 wrote:
3. It has no use in 1v1
>it has no use in 1v1

Are you under the impression that the only thing that matters in this game is pvp? Might come as a shock to you, but a very large number of people never pvp.

Forest lord only attacks. And doesn't do much unless you boost heavy.
Rebirth only heals and takes a lot of pips.

It's a wonderful shield breaker as well as healing move that can be boosted for both attack and heal at the same time.

You don't play life as life, do you?

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
If you want to have fun progressing through the rest the game has to offer then yes. I guess it is because I relly don't like to PvP but I don't understand stopping at level 100. Level 50 maybe but once you hit somewhere past level 50, PvP is a trainwreck and you might as well keep playing the game through as it was meant to.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on May 6, 2016 wrote:
>it has no use in 1v1

Are you under the impression that the only thing that matters in this game is pvp? Might come as a shock to you, but a very large number of people never pvp.

Forest lord only attacks. And doesn't do much unless you boost heavy.
Rebirth only heals and takes a lot of pips.

It's a wonderful shield breaker as well as healing move that can be boosted for both attack and heal at the same time.

You don't play life as life, do you?
1. Most of my wizards are max so I usually do pvp since I can't do anything else on them.
2. It only attacks but it does more than wings of fate because it's not DOT
3. Takes a lot of pips? Well wings of fate takes a shadow that you can use on Seraph assuming you're healing.
4. I do play on my life wizard but I'm usually hitting instead of healing because storm hitters are really slow sometimes.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on May 6, 2016 wrote:
Then don't use it in 1v1?
I don't.. I use Hungry Caterpillar.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on May 9, 2016 wrote:
1. Most of my wizards are max so I usually do pvp since I can't do anything else on them.
2. It only attacks but it does more than wings of fate because it's not DOT
3. Takes a lot of pips? Well wings of fate takes a shadow that you can use on Seraph assuming you're healing.
4. I do play on my life wizard but I'm usually hitting instead of healing because storm hitters are really slow sometimes.
Which means, you don't play life as life.

That's your choice, but don't tell people the spell is worthless. It's worthless to you maybe, but it's far from worthless.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on May 11, 2016 wrote:
Which means, you don't play life as life.

That's your choice, but don't tell people the spell is worthless. It's worthless to you maybe, but it's far from worthless.
Wait, what? He doesn't play Life as Life because he doesn't both heal and hit with a weak hybrid spell? A better phrasing is that he plays Life differently than you.

I don't find it a very useful spell. When I play Life as a healer I have absolutely no reason to be hitting and if I am for some reason hitting, someone else is taking care of any necessary healing. Is that not playing Life as a Life? What is it then?

Fluffy does significantly more damage in one more round. Rebirth does significantly more healing in one more round. Honestly, we can get nearly as much team healing out of Sprite Swarm for fewer pips and revive a defeated teammate, although teammates very rarely die on my watch.

I have no idea what situations you are in that you want to both hit and heal in a team situation, but I'm literally never in that situation. The spell is particularly ineffective when soloing as Fluffy, again, is a more efficient killer and I rarely find the need to use more than a single Fairy on myself.

As I said above, the only time I've found the spell remotely useful was minion duty in the Rat.

Please explain situations where you might actually want to be both hitter and healer? I've never encountered that in PVE. Apparently my thirty minute Graveyard team runs were doing it wrong.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
PaigeGoldenspear on May 11, 2016 wrote:
Wait, what? He doesn't play Life as Life because he doesn't both heal and hit with a weak hybrid spell? A better phrasing is that he plays Life differently than you.

I don't find it a very useful spell. When I play Life as a healer I have absolutely no reason to be hitting and if I am for some reason hitting, someone else is taking care of any necessary healing. Is that not playing Life as a Life? What is it then?

Fluffy does significantly more damage in one more round. Rebirth does significantly more healing in one more round. Honestly, we can get nearly as much team healing out of Sprite Swarm for fewer pips and revive a defeated teammate, although teammates very rarely die on my watch.

I have no idea what situations you are in that you want to both hit and heal in a team situation, but I'm literally never in that situation. The spell is particularly ineffective when soloing as Fluffy, again, is a more efficient killer and I rarely find the need to use more than a single Fairy on myself.

As I said above, the only time I've found the spell remotely useful was minion duty in the Rat.

Please explain situations where you might actually want to be both hitter and healer? I've never encountered that in PVE. Apparently my thirty minute Graveyard team runs were doing it wrong.
Yes, I feel the same way personally. As a life, you're either healing or hitting. Doing both of them is ineffective. It's like multitasking, you won't do much of either task. Not much damage and not a big heal either.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Hi
I am a level 110 Life Wizard
Polaris is maybe the most fun world yet. You level up so fast you won't believe it. You don't want to miss out on our Swan spell. Finally, we get an all spell-hit and heal. I am finding it very handy. Also, you don't want to miss fighting the witch, so funny. There are new class rooms and teachers. Don't miss it! You will love it!
Oh, most of all you will graduate from Wizard city with a ceremony. So cute print screen several times. We even got a cap and gown, lol.
mattie1010