Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I pick Myth or Fire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
I made a bunch of characters for different schools. Obviously they have enough chairs, but for some reason I can't get one of every school. I don't feel like paying for a whole new account membership either, so should I make a Myth or Fire wizard? or which school should I get rid of? I already have an Ice, Death, and Life that I am keeping for sure.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
It really doesn't matter. For one thing, you cannot have one of every school. You can have all but one school.
I'm glad that you have a life wizard. They are amazing and heal the best. Ice is also good because it has the most health. Death drains, but it could be more than half to make it better.
Myth gets a lot of minions. Four types to be exact. The main thing they do it protect the minions, or cast spells on storm. Myth gives boosts against storm bosses and players, but there aren't very many storm bosses that I've come across.
Fire has spells that have nice damage. Storm has the best, though. With fire, you get some pretty awesome animations, and you also have Fire Elf. Fire Elf is cool because it hurts a boss/player for three rounds. When you start out, however, the damage is quite low, to be frank.
I would probably choose fire over myth. The second spell that I learned as Myth kept fizzling for awhile.
But, it is still up to you.
Have fun!

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
pick myth because A) there are tons of fire wizards, but you don't see as many myth wizards B) myth is great for solo ing and C) we have the ninja pig spell

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Decide what your play style is like

Although both schools are designed to be very aggressive, each has a slightly different way of dealing with threats and obstacles. That said, at the highest levels, there is a lot of crossover between fire and myth utility, but the overriding theme of the first 40 levels of training follows a slightly different pattern:

Fire has more damage overall but you need to set up your hit properly, and you need to have a plan for the 2 or 3 turns after you hit with your DOT. Your health is pretty low and your accuracy is also pretty bad, so you'll need to constantly be weighing whether to hit, boost your accuracy, or heal/shield/do something else. Fire elf and other stuff lets you get around shields, stun and fizzle charms (smoke and mantle) can help delay the enemy until your DOT has had time to burn him out.

Myth has spells that let you ignore some shields entirely, hit and go. Big damage spikes, shatter, pierce, and earthquake set a tempo decidedly in your favour, never let up the pressure. Stuns, stuns and more stuns to pin down enemies and protect your hide. Health is low, and no native healing at all, so myth often finds itself dependent on mastery to heal, and a dry spell in mass removal where your go-to AOE will be the frog. Minions are the big lie. Myth was billed as the "minion school" but tbh minions lose almost all their relevance in everyday questing. Special exceptions are the ones whose persistence or annoyance factor in pvp makes them a good adjunct strategy in 1v1.

Both are amazing support schools for any type of power farming at max level in cheat-infested dungeons like Tartarus, Darkmoor, and Omen's Hideout.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2016
They all have advantages and disadvantages.

Like Storm for example, It does the most damage, followed by fire but fizzles so much.

Go and pick Fire and burn bread...

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
GoodIceMaster on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
I made a bunch of characters for different schools. Obviously they have enough chairs, but for some reason I can't get one of every school. I don't feel like paying for a whole new account membership either, so should I make a Myth or Fire wizard? or which school should I get rid of? I already have an Ice, Death, and Life that I am keeping for sure.
Fire, the people that are saying pick the school that you enjoy or they are all equal are sadly wrong. Fire is both more dangerous than myth in max pvp and it's a whole lot more fun than myth from what my myth friends tell me.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Both of them are great. But if you plan on soloing, Myth would be the best choice because you get more minions than fire. Fire is also great because of the high damage, Fire is also more wanted than Myth in dungeons like Darkmoor because of the high damage.

The downside of these 2 schools, is that a lot of mobs resist these schools.
Hope I helped you!

~Amber FairyBlossom
~Angela DarkBlood

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Death Hart on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Both of them are great. But if you plan on soloing, Myth would be the best choice because you get more minions than fire. Fire is also great because of the high damage, Fire is also more wanted than Myth in dungeons like Darkmoor because of the high damage.

The downside of these 2 schools, is that a lot of mobs resist these schools.
Hope I helped you!

~Amber FairyBlossom
~Angela DarkBlood
Myth is bad at soloing, the minions are useless and they have to stick with humongofrog until exalted, they have the 2nd lowest health in the game, no in-school heals and their spells aren't as powerful as some of the other schools.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27