Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Hey everyone!
Does anybody know when the next double Gardening rewards will be?
if so please tell me haha thanks

Chris Strongthief level 71 Transcendent

Survivor
Apr 04, 2015
I don't know, hopefully this month. I can't wait!!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It'll probably be coming in a little over a month from now. A few weeks back it was double pet rewards, and the free training point buyback is on right now. Gardening should be next up.

I've found that they space the promos to run a little over a month apart so that if anybody buys a one month membership to get in on a promo, the membership will expire before the next one starts.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2015
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I saw double gardening rewards on 05/11. I went to my garden of EMPs, which I planted and didnt tend specifically for this double rewards. They were at mature (just turned) on 05/11, with all likes but pixie.
I just went to do my one elder harvest this morning, and they did not move ONE bit towards elder.
The boom shroom was elder (of course) so I replanted one and put on a pixie.
Why does it seem my gardening ONLY messes up when double rewards happens?
Last run my plots took an extra day so I just missed double rewards.
This time it seems my plants, unless there is some sort of miracle, will take twice as long to harvest.
Just so sick and tired of having the rules work one way most of the time, then changing when you can take advantage of it.
And I had not even logged onto the game since 05/11. So I didnt visit the house.
Used to be 3-4 days to elder and you didnt have to visit the garden. Just wait and do elder harvest.
Has this been changed again?
Time for another cancellation if I cannot receive the benefits of the membership.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
pods1973 on May 15, 2016 wrote:
I saw double gardening rewards on 05/11. I went to my garden of EMPs, which I planted and didnt tend specifically for this double rewards. They were at mature (just turned) on 05/11, with all likes but pixie.
I just went to do my one elder harvest this morning, and they did not move ONE bit towards elder.
The boom shroom was elder (of course) so I replanted one and put on a pixie.
Why does it seem my gardening ONLY messes up when double rewards happens?
Last run my plots took an extra day so I just missed double rewards.
This time it seems my plants, unless there is some sort of miracle, will take twice as long to harvest.
Just so sick and tired of having the rules work one way most of the time, then changing when you can take advantage of it.
And I had not even logged onto the game since 05/11. So I didnt visit the house.
Used to be 3-4 days to elder and you didnt have to visit the garden. Just wait and do elder harvest.
Has this been changed again?
Time for another cancellation if I cannot receive the benefits of the membership.
Yeah, unfortunately I think I noticed this too. I had some plants that should have been Elder by Sunday night or Monday morning, but they seemed to progress slower during the promo. It's possible that progress isn't as fast outside the promo as I think it is, but I'm pretty sure it slows down.

On the other hand, what I've been trying to do is leave my gardens with plants in Elder status until the promo comes around so that I have the Elder harvest on the very first day. I knew it was coming soon (as you can see in my other comment), so I was mostly prepared for it.

If the promo would have run a couple days later, I probably would have had all of my plants at Elder. As it was, about 90% of my plants were at or hit Elder during the promo so I did manage to get quite a bit. Unfortunately I planted my Sword Ferns a few days too late, so I missed out on doubling up on those.

If I look at it from a business standpoint though, if the timers slow down, honestly I can't begrudge KI for that. It's a lot of revenue they're giving up with this promo. How much do seeds like Evil Magma Peas cost? How much do Mega Snack Packs cost? You double up your seeds AND your snacks when this promo runs. Now imagine doubling your rewards not once but twice during the promo playing it like me where you have an Elder harvest the first day and an Elder harvest the last day. That's a lot of money people aren't going to have to spend.

That said, I did buy two one month memberships on my other accounts just to get the double harvest. The account that only had 1 Pink Dandelion hit Elder during the promo I'm not particularly happy about. I was at least expecting my Deadly Helephant Ears to be Elder by Saturday or Sunday, and they just hit Elder yesterday. But that was my gamble. I know better for next time.