Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where to get good gear for a lvl 56 ice wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2014
Hi! So, a long time ago (When I first made my wizard) I used to think that defense was the only good stat to have, so I threw away any gear that didn't have good defense. Bad idea... So I started to play wizard101 again and went to some 4v4 PVP matches. I saw how great everyone else was and then realized that my stats are horrible.

Someone also commented "It's pathetic that an ice wizard can be beaten by a storm." (She was a storm wizard, so...)

I also never crafted, gardened or fished. I never did Grizzlehelm and I just finished Wysteria. I just started the DragonSpyre crafting quest, though. So, my question is what are some good bosses to farm / craft? I would also appreciate some tips for my level 22 death wizard and level 9 wizards from all the other schools.

My stats:

HP: 3,240

Mana: 470

Damage: 8 ice

Resist : 20 (Got rid of some for some critical points.)

Accuracy: 6 ice

Critical : 135 (I just started collecting some)

Block: 80

Pierce: 1%

PP chance: 72%

As you can see, my stats are horrible.

Thanks for reading :)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The bazaar is a good place to start for gear. Click the usable check box, then sort first on level, then on your school.

bosses drop good gear but even better is crafting the gear for your school - especially wintertusk gear and sardonyx gear.

Farm the special dungeons - house of scales, pagoda of harmony, barkingham palace. There's incredibly good gear for all schools that drop in those.

Farm every level of olympus for full gear once you get it open. Some of the best in the game for the level it is.

Run waterworks once you're level 60 enough times to get the gear, or at least some of it.

ignore people that say it's pathetic that you can be beaten by someone else in pvp. Unless you are fighting dirty, you're going to lose more than 50% of the time. Storm is a powerhouse. They die easy but the punch they pack is heavy. Do 2v2 rather than 1v1 and don't attack - use shields and be support. Partner with a storm and let them blast the other side.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Hello Kawaii!

So the best way to go around this is for me to either help you grow into a immune wizard or help you be a immune blocker ice.

So you're lvl 56 ice and no idea where to start; understandable, I myself had trouble doing the same! So here is a short story of my realization of Ice.

Ice is a school of pure shield and hard to take down build. With such resist and block comes very difficult to manage stats. With having these stats you'll need to put time in all categories of talent. Gardening, Crafting, Fishing, and PvP. Let's start off with Gardening. You'll need to get your hands on some seeds that can grow to give you mega snacks. What are mega snacks? A very well know and most commonly used snack to feed your pet in the spiral. All major wizards use this to train their perfect pets to very incredible companions! How do you start you say?

Gardening/Farming for Seeds

First things first you'll need to do research on this item called "Couch Potatoes" or "Evil Magma Peas". These 2 items are needed to be known forever in your wizard career. Why? well this what you'll need to make your pet for your ice of course! You mainly get Couch Potatoes in Grizzlehiem in pretty much any area. Evil Magma Peas/ EMP's are crown item seeds; not cheap! Please do background research on this!

Crafting/Bazaar Farming

To become a great ice wizard you'll need to study the arts of "black smithing/crafting". Why? This is how you'll get your gear till max lvl. Youll need your calculator and paper for this one. Best way to go around this is to look up all the crafting quests in Wizard101. (best place to go is wizard101central wiki) Then add up all the regeants needed to craft every item in crafting. Why you say? So it'll be easier on you and can save time on your schedule. Best place to get you items is either vendors around the spiral or the bazaar. Heads up! Zafaria crafting quest is very length so don't over stress!

More to come in my second post!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Hello again Kawaii!

Now on to fishing right? Of course!

Fishing/Relax

Fishing isn't really known to people but in your case you should start right? This is a perfect way to get gold on your down time away from questing, farming, and gardening. But be careful! you use energy for this, and you need energy for your garden!

Player vs Player

This is the very last thing you'll need to do in your journey as a ice and a very important detail in PvP. Duelist accessories! Study them in Unicorn Way, near the arena. A small sword and shield NPC sells the items take a look at them and tell me that those items don't look cool?! Do research on this please!

Lastly the summing up to how to get your Ice back on his/her feet again. Where every you see " " down below google it okay?

Lvl - 60 "Waterworks Gear"
Lvl - 70 "Poseidon Gear"
Lvl - 76 "Avalon Immune Gear"
Lvl - 90 "Hades Gear"
Lvl - 100 "Darkmoor Gear"
Lvl -110 "The Rat Gear" and "Baba Yaga Gear"

And to finish it off your pet!

For Ice you wanna look for either:

Double Block to
Double Resist to
Fortify
Ice Damage or Universal Damage
May Cast: Unicorn, Fairy, Healing Current, Spritely, Sleet Storm.

( short note means Universal )

I hope you become a great Ice wizard Kawaii! I hope this helps! Cya!

~EyroSilent
97 - Legendary Crafter
110 - Promethean Crafter & PvP Commader
110 - PvP Veteran & Promethean Crafter

77 - GrandMaster Crafter & PvP Captain

49 - PvP Overlord
36 - PvP Overlord

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Wait one more thing!

If you're wondering how my Ice stats will look once max here is what the gear is all together.

Health: 3254 added on to my base health.
Pips: 60%
Resist: 65%
Damage: 89%
Critical: 351%
Block: 472%
Pierce: 23%
Accuracy: 28%

These stats aren't complete because I'm constantly studying Ice. If you need help with anything else feel free to respond with with a meeting spot to add me and i'll help you all along the way. I'm usually in small realms like Wraith or Scarecrow. Take Care!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2014
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to do crab alley and do some side quests so I can level up to 60. I'll ask for your help then :).

Can you tell me which pets have those skills? I have starfish.