Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overkiller Enchantment

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Ever gotten annoyed at how you wasted mana on a high damage spell that killed a lower health enemy but could've killed another enemy? Even if you finish it, it's still a waste of mana, and this Overkiller Enchantment idea I had would be useful.

Let's say you are fighting two ninja pigs. One ninja pig has 600/1000 health. You cast a Leviathan that does 1000 damage, but what about the 400 damage that was useless? The remaining damage is dealt to the enemy that was right next to the defeated enemy.

What if you were battling four ninja pigs, and the 400 damage kills the ninja pig with 300 damage remaining? The 300 damage would be dealt to the next enemy. If it dies with a remaining of 100 damage, the 100 damage is dealt to the next enemy. And so on.

Thoughts?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
I like the idea but it does spoil the game some what. As the game was meant to be challenging that's how people kept on playing doing this is a big impact on the game. I still respect your idea but there could be things to improve it. Maybe you have to do a quest at about level 80 or 90 to earn the ability. I still like the idea.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks. It's an enchantment, so yea you'd earn it later. Also, this can be useless, like I said it may only deal 100 damage. But it can be useful too, when it deals a lot. It just gets rid of the cringe-worthy thought that you wasted, maybe, 900 damage to kill a dying enemy when you could've used it on a higher health one.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
Ever gotten annoyed at how you wasted mana on a high damage spell that killed a lower health enemy but could've killed another enemy? Even if you finish it, it's still a waste of mana, and this Overkiller Enchantment idea I had would be useful.

Let's say you are fighting two ninja pigs. One ninja pig has 600/1000 health. You cast a Leviathan that does 1000 damage, but what about the 400 damage that was useless? The remaining damage is dealt to the enemy that was right next to the defeated enemy.

What if you were battling four ninja pigs, and the 400 damage kills the ninja pig with 300 damage remaining? The 300 damage would be dealt to the next enemy. If it dies with a remaining of 100 damage, the 100 damage is dealt to the next enemy. And so on.

Thoughts?
Does it give a damage boost? If not, it's complete trash (no offense). This idea is kind of hard to reply to because I always use aoe spells so I can't really relate to this situation or how useful it would be. In all honesty, I don't like the idea mostly because it kind of removes the purpose of aoe's when questing. For example, Rusalka's wraith does nearly 400 more damage than bugs and u can honestly just stack up for an overkill to kill a boss and the minion at the same time. Also for quad bosses like Morganthe, they would be literally like Baba Yaga where u just feint stack and single target hit. Hitting 100k with Rusalka's wraith is not hard especially with feints. (Disclaimer: I know I don't have a storm but any school can do 100k easily and some of my friends are storms.)

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013

Thoughts?
I understand the concept, but what you're basically doing is turning a spell into chained lightning. Personally, I think the level at which you'd obtain something like this would have to be high... so high in fact that it would render it pretty much useless. At higher levels there are fewer and fewer instances when a spell has enough "left over" damage to be useful. And with it being an enchantment it would preclude the use of damage boosting enchantments too so that would even lessen its utility.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015

Thoughts?
Great idea!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015

Thoughts?
Great idea!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Does it give a damage boost? If not, it's complete trash (no offense). This idea is kind of hard to reply to because I always use aoe spells so I can't really relate to this situation or how useful it would be. In all honesty, I don't like the idea mostly because it kind of removes the purpose of aoe's when questing. For example, Rusalka's wraith does nearly 400 more damage than bugs and u can honestly just stack up for an overkill to kill a boss and the minion at the same time. Also for quad bosses like Morganthe, they would be literally like Baba Yaga where u just feint stack and single target hit. Hitting 100k with Rusalka's wraith is not hard especially with feints. (Disclaimer: I know I don't have a storm but any school can do 100k easily and some of my friends are storms.)

Lvl 110
Lvl 57
Lvl 25
This doesn't turn it into a classic aoe spell. All it does is, if you kill an enemy with the spell, the damage that wasn't used to kill the enemy is cast on someone else. This would actually be very useful because if you killed a dying enemy you could also make another enemy take a huge hit if it's a good spell and it even has the potential to wipe out the whole battlefield, especially with enough blades. This would be very useful for boss battles since aoes tend to be less powerful, the consequence being of course that it would be harder to get higher damage to the other enemies.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
TucsonWizard on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I understand the concept, but what you're basically doing is turning a spell into chained lightning. Personally, I think the level at which you'd obtain something like this would have to be high... so high in fact that it would render it pretty much useless. At higher levels there are fewer and fewer instances when a spell has enough "left over" damage to be useful. And with it being an enchantment it would preclude the use of damage boosting enchantments too so that would even lessen its utility.
Why do you think you'd earn it at such a high level?

Also, it doesn't need to be an enchantment. I just made it so all schools could use it. But it could be a global spell, shield, anything. A secret trainer could even give it to you.