Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Wizard101 Farmer-Friendly

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Right now, farming is a boring and mind-numbing activity that lets people get items they want. But I have an idea to make farming fun. Wizard101 can either go back and edit bosses to make its minions/spells and other minor things change to give the wizard a new experience every time.

Either that, or it could do something much easier and funner: add an area in the Commons (like the Pet Pavilion) called something along the lines of the Farming District. The Farming District could have maybe, five bosses. Before you enter the sigils the fight them, you select anything that can be dropped (spells, gear, etc...) that you want to farm for. There would have to be a search bar. Each time you enter the sigil, the boss and minions change from maybe a set selection of five bosses and existing enemies.

The boss battle could be scaled to the difficulty of say, a boss you fought 10 levels before you, so it can be easier like farming usually is. Either that, or you could scale it yourself. Think fighting easy bosses makes the new update to make farming fun not fun? Make it harder! Of course, you couldn't scale it to a boss above your level.

If you lose or win, the boss battle could appear again, completely different. You can either fight it, or leave. When you leave, Wizard101 should remember the object you chose to far so you won't have to select it again. There could be a button that deselects everything you selected if you wanted to change it.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
Right now, farming is a boring and mind-numbing activity that lets people get items they want. But I have an idea to make farming fun. Wizard101 can either go back and edit bosses to make its minions/spells and other minor things change to give the wizard a new experience every time.

Either that, or it could do something much easier and funner: add an area in the Commons (like the Pet Pavilion) called something along the lines of the Farming District. The Farming District could have maybe, five bosses. Before you enter the sigils the fight them, you select anything that can be dropped (spells, gear, etc...) that you want to farm for. There would have to be a search bar. Each time you enter the sigil, the boss and minions change from maybe a set selection of five bosses and existing enemies.

The boss battle could be scaled to the difficulty of say, a boss you fought 10 levels before you, so it can be easier like farming usually is. Either that, or you could scale it yourself. Think fighting easy bosses makes the new update to make farming fun not fun? Make it harder! Of course, you couldn't scale it to a boss above your level.

If you lose or win, the boss battle could appear again, completely different. You can either fight it, or leave. When you leave, Wizard101 should remember the object you chose to far so you won't have to select it again. There could be a button that deselects everything you selected if you wanted to change it.
Great idea!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
There could also be a modification to bosses that you can just select the award at the end of the battle and earn it instantly.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:

I like the idea but I don't think it would fit into Wizard101. Main reason I say this is because I identify 3 types of farming styles: 1 hit battles (like the ravens in Ravenscar for couch potatoes), 1 boss battles (like Gladiator Dimachearous) and dungeons (like Malistaire). I personally wouldn't scale the ravens up to my lvl because that would just make the duel longer, Gladiator could work with this but I don't see a point in making him harder and Malistaire is already too easy so just scaling him to Level 110 wouldn't be that different.

Lvl 110
Lvl 66
Lvl 25

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love this idea with a slight adaptation.

A couple Feedback Friday's ago Professor Falme asked for mini-game ideas. I think this would be a GREAT mini-game.

1. We could engage with the game
  2. type in what we're looking for (like in the Crown Shop search bar) or hit a button marked "Surprise Me"
  3. a randomly chosen boss appears - which is already programmed to drop whatever we searched OR which is just scaled to player level if we hit Surprise Me
  4. and we play him in his normal environment, with his normal drops - the only thing KI reprograms is the interface for the game instead of a sigel.
  5. Benefit to KI is a sell-able Crown Product
  6. Benefit to us is we don't have to fool with research or traipsing all over the Spiral just to farm a new pair of boots.
Price of the game would be determined mainly by KI research and number crunching regarding how many people would buy the mini game vs how many people would buy an area just to farm a few bosses there ... but now they don't have to.