Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire battle

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Is just me or is the battle of defeating Malistaire is way to easy? I had recently had defeated him and had one of my friends to help me and I was thinking he would be hard since he is the main villain in the story, but when the battle started, he had like low health and also his minions had low health. Through my gameplay in W101 I had defeated much harder bosses than and they cheat and he doesn't even cheat, doesn't defend himself much, or casting shields of somewhat. I know some people would say "But what if your death, he can resist". Well he is not an extreme monster who spams shields, weakness, etc. Yes I am life, but one card only doesn't kill him and my friend does good damage with his death spells. So I want to say KI that if he is truly is the main villain, make him much harder or have more health, then that would be a real boss to defeat and worth to battle.

-Alejandro

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
Malistare gets a lot harder. In Darkmoor if you defeat him he comes back with crazy health if you don't cast doom and gloom. It gets a lot harder.

Emma Dragon Sword Level 110

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
reyes107 on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Is just me or is the battle of defeating Malistaire is way to easy? I had recently had defeated him and had one of my friends to help me and I was thinking he would be hard since he is the main villain in the story, but when the battle started, he had like low health and also his minions had low health. Through my gameplay in W101 I had defeated much harder bosses than and they cheat and he doesn't even cheat, doesn't defend himself much, or casting shields of somewhat. I know some people would say "But what if your death, he can resist". Well he is not an extreme monster who spams shields, weakness, etc. Yes I am life, but one card only doesn't kill him and my friend does good damage with his death spells. So I want to say KI that if he is truly is the main villain, make him much harder or have more health, then that would be a real boss to defeat and worth to battle.

-Alejandro
He is pretty easy when you first battle him and he stays easy throughout the other fights. In xibalba, he literally has no cheats besides his immunity cheat so I just dueted him on my fire. In khrysalis, the fight ends after a certain amount of time. In darkmoor, he is super easy and has super low health if you doom and gloom. Overall, pretty disappointing for the main first arc villain (also ds malistaire used to be hard, with 100,000 health before celestia was a thing and people were having trouble with him so they nerfed him.)

Lvl 110
Lvl 50
Lvl 25

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
EmmaDragonSword on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Malistare gets a lot harder. In Darkmoor if you defeat him he comes back with crazy health if you don't cast doom and gloom. It gets a lot harder.

Emma Dragon Sword Level 110
He was a lot harder pre polaris coming back with 99,999 health with no doom and gloom. I think you've been there before right? Heh...

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Alright you may have a point, but alternating his health doesn't make him more stronger, it just makes the battle more longer to complete. You are right about saying that he was much harder before of the new worlds, but that shouldn't really be the factor to changing his health or power to be lowered. It is not much competitive as it is now then back then and would ruin the image of how powerful Malistare really is and now having alternative versions of Malistare isn't really the same, since they are new to the story line. Yes they are much harder, but you don't fight them first, you fight the Malistare himself and that is how it should be.

-Alejandro