Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team-Up error

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
I had a Team-Up counting down at the Pyramid of White Fire when my connection went kaputz. I did not leave right after joining - I didn't even get to see myself join. I was just stuck at the sigil outside the pyramid.

Yet when I got back on I had been penalized with the 10-minute wait to team-up again.

I know the system can tell the difference between a drop and a voluntary abandonment - otherwise I wouldn't be able to reconnect mid-battle. I don't think I (or anyone else) should be penalized for being dropped in this instance either.

Can this be looked into?

Seth DeathBreath - 85

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Sorry ... I would post a reply to my initial post but the thread hasn't been posted yet. Feel free to merge...

This is something that I'm sure others have posted.

I had teamed up for House of Scales, and both of those who joined me fled. That left me alone, so I left as well. so I'm saddled with the 9-minute (or whatever) "time out" penalty too, even though *I'm* the one who was abandoned.

Please fix in the next update. :-(

Seth DeathBreath 85

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Sneezypants05 on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Sorry ... I would post a reply to my initial post but the thread hasn't been posted yet. Feel free to merge...

This is something that I'm sure others have posted.

I had teamed up for House of Scales, and both of those who joined me fled. That left me alone, so I left as well. so I'm saddled with the 9-minute (or whatever) "time out" penalty too, even though *I'm* the one who was abandoned.

Please fix in the next update. :-(

Seth DeathBreath 85
this happened to me as well~ i was abandoned by my team at the start of an instance, so i fled and was then given the 10-minute penalty.

in this case, kingsisle should be able to tell who was the last person to leave the instance and we should not be penalized for seeking competent help. yes, people who abuse the team up function do need to be penalized, but not at the expense of those who don't.

-von
prodigious