Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a couple of odd questions.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
this one is for a friend: he lives in the us and he is looking to buy a bundle for a friend who lives in australia.

if a bundle (say, the polarian explorer bundle) is available only in the us... if my friend buys the card in the us and sends the code to someone in australia, can that person redeem the code?

(i know this works in us/canada scenarios~ a friend in the us once bought a card there and gave me the code, after which i was able to redeem it. but i'm not sure if or not there are additional (server/zone) restrictions if the recipient is in another continent.)

this one is for me:

i was in a dungeon earlier (can't remember which one), and the enemy cast a dot spell on me~ i blocked the initial hit, but not the subsequent 3 rounds of damage.

under the old system, blocking the initial hit meant (at least in my experience) that you blocked the entire thing. has this changed under the new system, or is it a bug?

thanks to anyone who can help :)

-von

Administrator
Hello,

As long as your friend is playing the US version of the game (not the UK Gameforge version) the code will work.

In the new system, critical is calculated separately for each tick of a damage over time spell. So it is possible to block the first hit and not the subsequent.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

As long as your friend is playing the US version of the game (not the UK Gameforge version) the code will work.

In the new system, critical is calculated separately for each tick of a damage over time spell. So it is possible to block the first hit and not the subsequent.
good to know; i'll be sure to pass that info on, ty very much :)