Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Windows 10 Conflictions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2012
My friend and I have both noticed using Windows 10 that when logging into Wizard101 via the icon, a small black box with a white outlining appears in the top left corner. When we minimize Wizard101 and try to reopen it, it fails. I have tried this out, and it does NOT apply to any other version of Windows. Please fix this.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2016
I have windows 10 and this also happens to me, a small graphical glitch appears in the top left of my laptop screen, it is white but has a thick black outline. This only appears on the login client, if you minimize the client it crashes and can not be restarted. If i force stop the client in task manger the process disappears but if I try to start the game it says its already running, even though all process for the game are closed.

If you have windows 10 and this happens you can fix it by running it in compatibility mode for windows 8, and the login client will run normally after, no black box or crashes.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Administrator
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Same problem on my windows 10; I fixed by running wiz program on windows 8. (right click on wiz icon and you will be given prompts to change it). No more issues.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Survivor
Mar 16, 2016
It does happen, but at least it doesn't crash. The End

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I had to completely reinstall windows 8.1 What ever they did to the video drivers for my Toshiba, was a bad thing. Wizard would load but I couldn't move. the FPS went down to almost nothing and it shook.