Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-26-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! And, it's the happiest part of Friday, because it's time to chat about something new...

Let's talk about combat, and all those sparklies and shields and auras and globals flying around everywhere! Our question today is - what information would you like to see during battles that isn't currently there? I'll leave this one a little open to interpretation and let you run wild for a while. ::grin::.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Hmm, I'd say it would be nice to have a visible indication of what blade/trap is a potent or not. Like maybe it could have a yellowish tint, for example.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2014
This is my first time getting on the message boards yay~~
I would like to suggest an "all- out attack" & "all-in absorb" for our new battle~~[hope I got another good name for it]
Unlike the old critical attack it give us a chance to absorb some percentage of several rounds' attacks [ Incoming] from other players or monsters and then adding them up to our all-out attack skill [outcoming] ~
It is a pain to work on critical and find a new good gears for my new adventure.

Oh, and how about got a chance to short the time when enemy choosing the card in pvp [feel evil now]
Plus, have "a round got rolled back" something like this so that the card got disappeared
And, got a curse from last battle that will effect the next battle
Or, got a random chance to paste a card once
Or, got a random chance from school master's healing/attack in battlefield

Survivor
Jan 22, 2016
We need more shadow spells like global spell, aura spell, unknown set of blades like spirit and elemental? and we totally need more shadow attacks. Sorry if this is a bad idea but I like shadow magic and the idea of being your primary school+shadow :D

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! And, it's the happiest part of Friday, because it's time to chat about something new...

Let's talk about combat, and all those sparklies and shields and auras and globals flying around everywhere! Our question today is - what information would you like to see during battles that isn't currently there? I'll leave this one a little open to interpretation and let you run wild for a while. ::grin::.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
an EASY way to tell what percents are on the blades, shields, weaknesses, and traps

Hero
May 07, 2015
I would like to know what blades are on me. like if my 1 blade is a 45% or a 35% blade. and same for the . . . tri-blade.

P.S you are the most AWESOME professer EVER I & I U

Miranda jade song LEVEL 85 PYROMANCER

when someone makes you mad. use fire from above on them. that'll teach them!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Which blades are sharpened and potent and which are regular, it can get confusing at times and often cause people to mess up.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I sense hints at a feature for the spring update that displays all buffs and debuffs present on the field.

Well, regarding that, I'd prefer to see what types of buffs are present, how many of non-stacking ones and how many do stack of different kinds and their sources (pet, amulet, etc).

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
There should be something for each combatant that you can hover your mouse over, and it shows a complete list of all hanging effects. How much each blade boosts, how much each sheild protects for, how much damage each DOT thingy does and how many rounds they have left on them. And everything else that fits that sort of criteria.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
Make the pips match the color of your school

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Definitely the specifics of traps/shields/charms applied to any given fighter (i.e. exact percentage, enchanted/equipment given/normal spell, etc). This can definitely help with organizing buffs when stacking blades and traps.

Additionally, visually seeing the breakdown of a hit would be fantastic. For example, watching the collective percentage boost of blades and traps and natural stats rise while they're activated when casting an offensive spell, and the lowering of said percentage due to shields and resists.

In general, I feel like making certain percentages that have an impact on spells visible during battle would be enormously helpful, and could be implemented without almost any obstruction to the visuals.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe a X Rank Trap and Blade for each and every school.

~Colin Stormslinger Level 108

Explorer
May 19, 2014

What an aura does on hover?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I'd like to see the number of rounds listed somewhere on the right or left side of the screen. There are a lot of cheats that involve rounds, and it'll be really nice to be able to look on the screen and see what round you're currently in. It could be something as simple as "Round 1", "Round 2", "Round 3", etc.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I think that power pips should be split in half when you use an odd number spell, giving you a "class pip" that occupies an outer ring the way shadow pips do.

That way, for example, if you have 2 power pips and you use a spell that costs 3 pips, you'll get 1 "class pip" back, then if you get another power pip the next turn you can use a spell that costs 3 pips by using the one power pip and the one "class pip" which will make more sense, since 4 - 3 = 1 and 1 + 2 = 3.

Of course the class pip can only be used on spells you have mastery over, since it's half a power pip.

This will help speed battles up a bit and make it more mathematically sound. This way players won't ever feel they "wasted" a power pip on a spell that costs {1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etcetera} pips.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
It would be nice if there was a list telling what traps, blades and reductions were on both sides of the battle. When I have been trying for a hit of million I have written down on a piece of paper what traps and blades I added and any reductions the target may have put on the wizard trying for that big hit. However using paper for every long battle would be hard to do because that would require seeing when the number that was added flashes. Writing down up to four players and their pets actions would require being a good scribe. I have wished for the enchanted blades and traps to be a little different color then the blades and traps that are not enchanted so players could visually tell these a part.

An other thing that would be nice to know is what the effect of any global spells are. There have been times when a death foe has cast a global spell and I was surprised that it was not reducing healing spells so I wondered what the global spell was doing.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Blade Indicators. Most Def!

I call "Sharp Elemental", "Pet Sharp", "Reg Storm"... and that is all fine and dandy, until we are 10 rounds, 2 blading wizards, and 30 blades deep. Okay, okay, so I exaggerate a bit... I am a storm wizard, after all... 4 blades and we can kill anything... but, still!

It gets a difficult sometimes to remember which blades have been cast on the hitter. I'm not complaining, mind you, but considering the options between TC, Gear, Pet, Regular, and Enhanced blades...some way to tell what I am wearing half way through a fight would be helpful.

"Did you cast sharp?" "Which elementals are these?"

I guess the same could be said about traps... but, I don't use them much and it is much easier to track a hex, curse, or feint than it is a whirlwind of spinning circles above my head.

Other than that, pending further discussion below, I think I can see pretty much everything I need to to be successful in a given fight.

Those bosses who cheat require us to count rounds sometimes, but that just builds team character.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2014
Hey there I don't usually comment I actually think this is my first comment ( so many buttons to change font O: )
but anyways I really like the idea to be able to see the percent bonus of our blades and charms so that I can know which ones I already used XD sometimes I forget, then I end up not getting the full power out of my life wizard <3 tysm have a nice day.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Information... I feel sure there's something more fun out there - but all I can think of is a practical need.

I love the new enchantments for traps and blades (I'm also hoping there's an update soon that adds them to shields and item cards.) But it doubles what we've got up and it's a lot to remember - and wastes rounds when team mates throw the same things. So:

For the quicker battles it would be nice if enchanted blades, traps & shields just glowed with a school color aura or something - if there are only a few up - they'd show.

For longer battles where lots of blades, traps & shields are up and blending together all flashy - it would be nice to have a new "chat box" added.
  • The actual chat box gets filled with chatter and our list of what's been thrown gets really confusing now.
  • The real one for chat is activated by lower case "r" so the new chat box would be activated by a different letter and have orange text - and it would automatically be like being in a group I think.
  • Only people in the battle would see what you type - so even if your alone you can call out what you throw without embarrassment because it doesn't show in a bubble just the new box
  • you could move it anywhere just like now
  • if you need to limit it's use for some reason - it could have a filter on it. I try to make mine as uniform as possible for glancing. So I call the name or spot, enchanted or plain & the name of the trap, blade or shield.
  • The idea would be to have chat and background chatter be in the main box and only ward & charm calls in the new box.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

only thing i can think of at the moment: in the off chance that i ever use nested fury again, i'd like to know what school's damage it's hitting as (since that's currently not visible while in combat).

i'll probably add to this when it's not 4 in the morning my time.

-von

Survivor
Feb 06, 2015
Can it show what your aura is? Sometimes I forget which one it is.

-JasonFrostBreeze

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thanks for asking Professor!

During combat, I'd love to be able to quickly determine if a blade has sharpen on it, and traps and feints have potent on them. Could you imagine any of the following possibilities shown below that could show this:
  • A color change on blade or trap
  • Brighter hue on blades or traps with sharpen or potent
  • Aura surrounds modified blades and shields
  • A small number appears in front of the blade or trap
  • Mouse over feature reveals the exact type of modified blade or trap
  • Menu chat allows players to ask and respond if blades and traps have sharpened or potent on them
  • Menu chat allows players to ask another player if they want a blade with sharpen placed on them
  • Menu chat that allows all players to tell everyone the blade they are using has sharpened, or the trap has potent
  • A way for players to request a sharpened blade, or trap with potent

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Prof,

I would LOVE to see, when you scroll over with your mouse what kind of blade you have on. Like a +40, or for a weakness -25.. or what ever number it would be... I sometimes get lost in what blades I have already put up, if it is sharpened or not.
It would also be nice if shields/traps/feints could do that too..

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Can we ask for less information? Not in the battles but in the gardens.

I wish we had a toggle switch in our book (the pages to turn off names etc.) that turned off garden animations. So we could do our gardens and see the needed spells but the plants weren't flailing everywhere and the bugs weren't swarming.

When I do my gardens often the animations are so ... animated - they freeze or slow the progress so much that I have to click and wait several times to just back out of the garden to choose a spell then step in to aim and cast. (I use a flower in the center to aim on.) Often I have had to x out the game - I can't even get out through my book or port.

Fickle Pickles, Deadly Helephant Ears and Evil Magma Peas are the worst. But I don't know which other gardens may have this trouble too. The animations on a full garden bed of these plants is just too much information/data I think. But I wouldn't want it permanent because I love the animations ... just some of my gardens can't take it.