Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP as a Magus Diviner

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2016
I'm a level 34 storm wizard and I'm finding it totally impossible to get even a few wins in PVP, no matter what strategy I try. After sinking crowns into equipment, resetting my training points, buying up treasure cards, training my pet... I thought if I could save up enough tickets to get a Storm Elf pet, that would make a big difference, but you have to have a Veteran rank to get it! I'd love that pet even for PVE but it's impossible to get. I'm not great at most PVP games, but this is really crazy. I've got 16 losses to 2 wins, but everyone I duel with seems to have Commander's equipment, and the ability to easily block all my attacks. I didn't want to be a Storm wizard to begin with, but now I really hate it.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Well, I took about a 2 year break from the game and have just recently come back, but I always did really well with my Storm and Ice wizards. I was playing Pirate101 while I was away and I had a lot of pirate friends were also playing Wizard101. Many of them said that currently Storm wizards are one of the better pvp classes.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Have you tried to look up a guide to magus storm PVP? There's usually one or two guides people post on the internet that are reliable and can get you decently far.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
Well, I took about a 2 year break from the game and have just recently come back, but I always did really well with my Storm and Ice wizards. I was playing Pirate101 while I was away and I had a lot of pirate friends were also playing Wizard101. Many of them said that currently Storm wizards are one of the better pvp classes.
If you are referring to 1v1(as the op is) then storm is and has always been low tier at virtually every level range.

To the OP: you have chosen the worst school to attempt to 1v1 with at magus. You have the lowest health, the lowest accuracy, no combo spells, a minion that's only marginally useful, no dot. Unless you're dedicated to storm you won't get anywhere. If you're just looking for the storm elf pet I'll gladly hatch with you.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
charliebc005 on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
I'm a level 34 storm wizard and I'm finding it totally impossible to get even a few wins in PVP, no matter what strategy I try. After sinking crowns into equipment, resetting my training points, buying up treasure cards, training my pet... I thought if I could save up enough tickets to get a Storm Elf pet, that would make a big difference, but you have to have a Veteran rank to get it! I'd love that pet even for PVE but it's impossible to get. I'm not great at most PVP games, but this is really crazy. I've got 16 losses to 2 wins, but everyone I duel with seems to have Commander's equipment, and the ability to easily block all my attacks. I didn't want to be a Storm wizard to begin with, but now I really hate it.
Hello!

I had a level 38 storm, whom i managed to fight up till the 1400 rank ranges.

Consider to get these spells/gear:

- ninja pigs from Koto in Mooshu
- Catch of the Day from Takanobu the Masterless in Mooshu
- myth mastery from the crown shop
- a pet with double resist and may cast infallible

I found great sinergy between storm and myth spells.

Blade up with storm blades to mislead your opponent as he starts to use storm shields for protection. If you're lucky - and it happans a lot against players below warlord rank - he wont even use universal shields, so your enchanted ninja pigs will be a great pain. With myth mastery you can use medusa as well, which is the most op spell in magus pvp. You gather full pips, then medusa to remove tower shield and stun your opponent. Next round feint, second round use ninja pigs or any storm spell. Use catch of the day to control blades. Bring a lot of shields, to balance your low health. Try to keep alive till you can finish your combo.

Try to hit commander rank, then stop ranked pvp till you can get enough arena tickets from tournaments so you can redeem commander gear and duelist ring + athame.

This worked for me. If you're not a crown player, then consider to create an ice wizard, which are a bit easier to pvp given by their higher base health.

Jerry