Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card Information, Move All, and Go BIG (via small)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I returned to Wizards101 a few months ago when I saw the KI Live talking about the rebalanced critical system, after about a year and some change playing strictly Pirates101, and have absolutely loved the changes I've seen! I had some minor suggestions I wanted to throw out there...

Card Information (in combat)

In combat, I feel it would be much more helpful if the cards in your hands showed the damage total based on your current charms and aura's in use. If you also wanted, when you highlight an enemy after selecting your card attack card, it could show expected damage based on the shields, traps, and aura's the enemy currently has on them.

Card Information (Stats Screen)
It would also be helpful when you're in your stats screen, if your card library shows damage/healing output based on your gear you currently have equipped.

Move All (Banking)

When it comes to equipment, food, gems, and other banking items, is their any way a "move all" button can be added to move EVERYTHING from one location to another? I don't mean the sliding bar of how much of one particular snack either, I mean literally all items in the storage category - Snacks for example? When I harvest my many plots of elder prickly bear cacti and other plants, the sheer amount of time and clicking needed to move the items from me to the bank, and then to other toons takes a long amount of time to do. Not to mention all of the clicking is likely to wake napping children nearby. ;)

Go BIG, by going SMALL with spells
This is likely just my personal preference, but I like the idea of seeing more utility-based spells sandwiched in between the 10 pip bad boys that get released. Here's just a small example of what I had in mind...
  1. Deflection Shield - When a damage spell is cast on the user, a small percentage of the damage is returned to the attacker.
  2. Delayed Spells - Cast a spell to have it resolve on a later turn. Think the ability "future sight" that a psychic Pokemon uses.
  3. Sword and Board (Wizard Version) - Casts a school-based charm and an opposing-school based shield. The effect of this spell shouldn't be greater than the individual versions of the two separate spells. Possibly shadow spell based? Not sure what balance would do for this.
  4. Dual-School Spells - I am certain that this has been requested more time than ice cream for breakfast. Keep it simple with only starting with the established spell triads. Elements would be Ice/Fire, Fire/Storm, Storm/Ice. Spirits would be Life/Death, Death/Myth, and Myth/Life. Since such spells bend the very nature of the power within the spiral itself, they could all be shadow spell based? Just thinking here.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Reckless Cedric on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
I returned to Wizards101 a few months ago when I saw the KI Live talking about the rebalanced critical system, after about a year and some change playing strictly Pirates101, and have absolutely loved the changes I've seen! I had some minor suggestions I wanted to throw out there...

In combat, I feel it would be much more helpful if the cards in your hands showed the damage total based on your current charms and aura's in use. If you also wanted, when you highlight an enemy after selecting your card attack card, it could show expected damage based on the shields, traps, and aura's the enemy currently has on them.

It would also be helpful when you're in your stats screen, if your card library shows damage/healing output based on your gear you currently have equipped.

Move All (Banking)

When it comes to equipment, food, gems, and other banking items, is their any way a "move all" button can be added to move EVERYTHING from one location to another? I don't mean the sliding bar of how much of one particular snack either, I mean literally all items in the storage category - Snacks for example? When I harvest my many plots of elder prickly bear cacti and other plants, the sheer amount of time and clicking needed to move the items from me to the bank, and then to other toons takes a long amount of time to do. Not to mention all of the clicking is likely to wake napping children nearby. ;)

This is likely just my personal preference, but I like the idea of seeing more utility-based spells sandwiched in between the 10 pip bad boys that get released. Here's just a small example of what I had in mind...
  1. Deflection Shield - When a damage spell is cast on the user, a small percentage of the damage is returned to the attacker.
  2. Delayed Spells - Cast a spell to have it resolve on a later turn. Think the ability "future sight" that a psychic Pokemon uses.
  3. Sword and Board (Wizard Version) - Casts a school-based charm and an opposing-school based shield. The effect of this spell shouldn't be greater than the individual versions of the two separate spells. Possibly shadow spell based? Not sure what balance would do for this.
  4. Dual-School Spells - I am certain that this has been requested more time than ice cream for breakfast. Keep it simple with only starting with the established spell triads. Elements would be Ice/Fire, Fire/Storm, Storm/Ice. Spirits would be Life/Death, Death/Myth, and Myth/Life. Since such spells bend the very nature of the power within the spiral itself, they could all be shadow spell based? Just thinking here.
Idk if the auto-calculation is really necessary, you can always calculate the minimum damage some of your spells will do based on gear, blades/traps you know you'll use, etc.. If you play enough you just get a good feel for how much damage you'll do, and I believe that's part of just learning how to play the game.

A "move all" button would be pretty great, actually. I could see myself using that.

Your ideas for spells are great, I can tell you've been playing Pokemon recently- so have I, lol

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Reckless Cedric on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:

Move All (Banking)

"Card Information (in combat)" would only work in first-to-attack situations. From second-to-attack position any number of things can happen from the time you select your attack until the attack actually takes place that could greatly modify the outcome. Bubbles, auras, shields, weaknesses, stun, other teammates' plays and other factors could all contribute to changes in damage potential and all of these things could happen prior to your play occurring.
One enemy casting one Tower on your target could cut your potential damage by 50%-55% (or even more) so the info would be speculative at best.
Also, something like this might be considered a spoiler, especially if a particular enemy has a boosted resist to your school of attack. In order for it to be accurate it would have to take into account the level of resist and apply that modifier to your potential damage display. For those going through an instance for the first time a feature like this would reveal defenses that would normally be unknown prior to the attack. In this respect it would be counter to the "pure" aspect of the game... for those that care about such things.