Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101(& maybe Pirate101) eSports!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Many amazing games out there as some you might know are eSports with amazing competitive scenes and hosting large real world gaming tournaments in real life locations! I personally think Wizard101 should be an eSports, it will take the game to a whole new level, and also the publicity that comes with it. Though mostly I could think of is having PvP and Derby as the eSports, with different Level Tier competitions along with Singles/Doubles/Full House teams for PvP! And Ultra pet derby for Pet Derby! Most games which host annual world championships have many great sponsors so it's not just the game's company itself will have to pay for it. While the prizepool can be expensive, they should make some in game items that will contribute some of its earnings to the prizepool, and I'm sure many players will support that! While most who do compete are Warlords ranks, to have the best quality as possible. Others can simply buy tickets to watch the tournaments (most games gives exclusive in game items along with the ticket purchases), or even pay for watching it live from their home! I would love to see Wizard101 becoming an eSports and Kingsisle hosting an annual Wizard101 World Championship!

Whats everyones idea on this? Do you think it's a great idea or too far fetched?