Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sprite vs Fairy vs Unicorn vs Healing Current

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I have been thinking about getting a healing pet. But I don't know what maycast I should get. Can any of you lend me your opinions on which 2 I should have on a pet? I was thinking Healing Current and Unicorn myself.

: : Luke Battlesword : Level 72 : :

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Sprite may be a common talent and it casts more often than the other healing talents, but I wouldn't recommend it because: it doesn't heal very much and it's not useful when you're in desperate need of an instant heal. Sprite's animation takes longer than the others (with the exception of unicorn), and it's annoying for people to wait while your pet spams it.

Unicorn is a great may-cast to have only if you find yourself in battle with other wizards. It's useless when you solo because it doesn't heal as much as healing current (at medium or most) or fairy, and it is rarely cast by a pet. Unicorn is a must-have talent (in my opinion) for team-play.

If you solo a lot and you've decided to not go with unicorn, then it leaves you with healing current and fairy.

Fairy is a great may-cast that you should have. It can heal a good amount (730 for me) if you have good incoming/outgoing stats. Pets cast it more often than unicorn but not as frequent as sprite.

Healing current all depends on luck. It can either heal you for as much as a sprite, or by more than a rebirth. My own pet has healing current, and I find it useful at times.

Here are the combos I recommend:

Healing Current Unicorn What my pet has: Unicorn
Fairy Fairy Healing Current

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Which ones are best depend on play style, level, and gear, but the good news is they all work, and there isn't a lot of difference, so don't worry about picking the 'wrong' ones, or get discouraged if you don't get exactly what you are trying for.

Fairy is the best solo heal because it has a good cast rate, and the most consistent health to you.

Sprite has a the same cast rate as Fairy, bit gives a little less, and is a heal over time. That makes it second best overall, but the 'over time' can be useful on low level wiz who don't have much max health, and when you are taking damage over time -- like you've been hit with Heckhound or Deer Knight.

Unicorn heals you less, and casts less often, but it heals the whole team. It triggers on damage to caster, so it's good if you are in the sun spot as a tank. I like it a lot with Jade gear and high outgoing boost, as my pet can help my more fragile teammates.

Healing Current has the potential to give the biggest heal, but it's unpredictable. That makes it a little more risky, but fun, and since it isn't life, it won't be stopped by a life dispel (but won't clear one either).

Consider your own needs. Best of luck, whatever you decide :)

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
KingKreeper17 on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
I have been thinking about getting a healing pet. But I don't know what maycast I should get. Can any of you lend me your opinions on which 2 I should have on a pet? I was thinking Healing Current and Unicorn myself.

: : Luke Battlesword : Level 72 : :
I would personally go for Fairy and Healing Current.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I'd recommend Fairy over Healing Current. Assuming that the probabilities all outcomes are equal, Healing Current has an expected value of 500 over Fairy's 400, but there's much more variance and I believe it casts less often than fairy. The probabilities may also not be equal. As for Unicorn, if you're interested in PvP leave that one at home. It doesn't cast very often and is weak at single-target healing. For PvP I'd go with either Sprite or Healing Current, probably Sprite.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
If you want to basically be guaranteed to stay alive an extra round, get Fairy. It will always be 400. If you like the take chance, getting less, the same, or more than fairy, get Healing Current. Don't use Unicorn unless you play with a lot of friends.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Eh. I have pets with all 4. Healing current is a roll of the dice. You may get almost nothing for a heal or may get just a whole lot. How much of a heal you get with ANY of them depends on your incoming heal rate. At minimum on my promethean level wizards I've got at least a ring or an athame that gives me 20-25% incoming heal boost.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I still like Sprite and Fairy best. Those cast more than the others. Unicorn helps my team when I tank, otherwise it's not much help. Healing Current seems too risky.